collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Champions League Contention  (Read 206964 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Champions League Contention
« Reply #3600 on: May 07, 2024, 01:21:54 PM »
Yep, I'm more concerned about Palace than Liverpool. Thankfully, it won't matter by then.

I wish that I shared your optimism...

That surprises me. In your brief time here, you've consistently struck me as a glass half full kind of chap.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3601 on: May 07, 2024, 01:22:19 PM »
Yep, I'm more concerned about Palace than Liverpool. Thankfully, it won't matter by then.

That surprises me. In your brief time here, you've consistently struck me as a glass half full kind of chap.

He's definitely not been here before though.

Offline Ben1505p

« Reply #3602 on: May 07, 2024, 02:02:43 PM »

He's definitely not been here before though.

I might've been... I can't remember.... the glass is full either way... half liquid half gas....

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3603 on: May 07, 2024, 10:47:58 PM »
Can't see us getting much, if anything, from our last two league games. Burnley are poor and Sheffield United are atrocious so next week I will mostly be following the fortunes of Manchester City.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3604 on: May 07, 2024, 11:37:12 PM »
Got £63.50* on Spurs at 16/1, just to jinx it. No way am I winning a grand.

*It was my mate at work’s limit on his online account.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3605 on: May 07, 2024, 11:48:10 PM »
Have done the same, not much liquidity on Betfair for it.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3606 on: May 08, 2024, 12:40:47 AM »
They play that Liverpool game 99 times out of 100 they lose 4 or 5. Our dominace at Arsenal it was not. Fuck Palace, absolute no marks and their back end of nowhere ground.

Not sure if you saw the whole game, but Palace were the better side first half. Overall the match stats were 6 shots on target for Liverpool, 5 for Palace. And Palace have got a lot better since then under the new bloke.  Meanwhile this weekend we had one shot against a truly dire Brighton who were bottom of all the recent stats tables. Add in the injury to Rogers, and everybody else being knackered and/or in shit form, and I think we're going to fall short. Both in Europe and the race for top 4.

To be fair, Riss, as much as I love you, you do tend to let your head drop when we have a couple of shite results/performances.

You may well be right, and we might lose our next three.

I personally think we have a 30/70 chance in Greece, and I'd back us to get 1-3 points in our next two league games. Frankly, if we were to win in Greece, I wouldn't be surprised if we got six points from our last two league games.

You've got to believe 😉

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3607 on: May 08, 2024, 08:04:41 AM »
I've seen it all before too many times Rory. We've no chance tomorrow night. Whether we get over the line for 4th depends on what Spurs do I reckon.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3608 on: May 08, 2024, 08:08:17 AM »
I've seen it all before too many times Rory. We've no chance tomorrow night. Whether we get over the line for 4th depends on what Spurs do I reckon.
I tend to agree they look spent.
They may have one more rousing match-in them if we can get a few back in time for Liverpool and we don’t flog them to death in Athens.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3609 on: May 08, 2024, 08:12:12 AM »
With CL spurs fans want to lose to citeh as they dont want arsenal winning the league. Their ideal scenerio would ahve been picking up points in the last 3 to be within touching distance of us and then they could have afforded to lose city game but still maybe sneak CL.

Now they have to help arsenal if they want CL but most of their fans don't want that and will rather lose to give city title.

Bit small time

Offline cdward

« Reply #3610 on: May 08, 2024, 08:34:21 AM »
Perfect scenario - win 0-3 on Thursday, just need to score first.
Rest most of the first team and play the kids against Liverpool and Palace. (City will beat Spurs anyway so it's academic).
On to the final in Athens.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3611 on: May 08, 2024, 08:52:34 AM »
Perfect scenario - win 0-3 on Thursday, just need to score first.
Rest most of the first team and play the kids against Liverpool and Palace. (City will beat Spurs anyway so it's academic).
On to the final in Athens.

That for me would be awesome and the dream scenerio.

Give some kids/fringe players a opportunity. Liverpool are runoured to be playing a few like this as well as they have nothing to play for either

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #3612 on: May 08, 2024, 08:53:40 AM »
I don't think Liverpool will play the kids.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3613 on: May 08, 2024, 09:00:19 AM »

Yeah after Sunday I give us very little chance. Also in recent years Olympiacos often beat English sides.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3614 on: May 08, 2024, 09:02:54 AM »

But the other thing we've seen before is everyone deciding that they all look knackered, people not being able to see where the next win is coming from, and then we go and beat Arsenal. Because all the same things being said now were being said then, but they still found something. 

It just feels improbable that we're going to end the season with five* straight defeats.

*I guess a 1-0 win tomorrow and still being knocked out would technically mean that didn't happen, but still.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 09:37:13 AM by Dave »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal