collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Champions League Contention  (Read 206199 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Champions League Contention
« Reply #3315 on: May 03, 2024, 08:54:57 PM »
I won a nandos meal off one of my chelsea mates he arrogantly said we would be a flash and the pan that they would easily finish above us this year
Great tasting victory.

It really was FT 😂

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3316 on: May 03, 2024, 10:20:25 PM »
Rest assured, it wasn’t me. I was speaking hypothetically. I always bet on us to lose so if we do I’m too busy counting my winnings to be on here moaning!

Haha, fair play. I put money on us to get relegated once just to jinx it.

I have had a £50 bet with one of my Spurs supporting friends about which club will "out-Spurs" Spurs between the two.

If I lose, it means that Villa will be in Champs League & it will be the best £50 that I have ever spent...

I had a £50 with a Spurs supporting mate at the start of the season after the Newcastle defeat when they were giving it the big one, winning the league with Ange ball....
I bet that we'd finish above them - Never in doubt!

....and the handover will give me more joy than the actual prize reward!  😊

I had a bet with my West Ham-supporting brother that we'd finish above them. Well, I already owed him £100 and it was he who suggested the bet. All it means is that I don't owe him £100, but he's my big brother, he was never seeing that £100 regardless. I've been fucking mugged.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #3317 on: May 03, 2024, 10:56:06 PM »
I bet on us to go down in the summer of 2014 when our transfer activity consisted of signing Joe Cole and Phillipe Senderos. The following summer I thought we'd be alright ...

Offline luke95

« Reply #3318 on: May 03, 2024, 11:27:48 PM »
Should we qualify   how many games are we guaranteed?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3319 on: May 03, 2024, 11:31:58 PM »
Should we qualify   how many games are we guaranteed?

8 games in the league phase from mid-Sept to the end of Jan. Another 7 or 9 games, should we get to the final.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #3320 on: May 03, 2024, 11:37:24 PM »
That's nearly half a league season. Ridiculous amount of games for a cup.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3321 on: May 03, 2024, 11:44:49 PM »
This time next week we'll be in the CL and a European final.

Think making the final will just be beyond us but I'm pretty confident we'll wrap 4th up by Sunday night.

Us beating Brighton and Spurs losing at Liverpool isn't some 100/1 shot, it's actually the probable outcome for those two games.

Important we then give the players a terrific send off for the season in the Liverpool game as they've certainly earnt it.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #3322 on: May 04, 2024, 12:29:49 AM »

I had a bet with my West Ham-supporting brother that we'd finish above them. Well, I already owed him £100 and it was he who suggested the bet. All it means is that I don't owe him £100, but he's my big brother, he was never seeing that £100 regardless. I've been fucking mugged.

Any reason why he doesn't support the Villa? The dickhead. At least your family have kept it claret and blue, any siblings Burnley or Scunthorpe fans?

Offline Rory

« Reply #3323 on: May 04, 2024, 12:38:04 AM »

Any reason why he doesn't support the Villa? The dickhead. At least your family have kept it claret and blue, any siblings Burnley or Scunthorpe fans?

Yeah, that's not on. Shropshire, and he supports West pissing Ham?

What's wrong with Liverpool, like most of your countymen?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3324 on: May 04, 2024, 12:56:31 AM »

We didn't grow up together. He was from my dad's first marriage. Grew up in East London/Essex.

Offline Rory

« Reply #3325 on: May 04, 2024, 12:58:17 AM »

We didn't grow up together. He was from my dad's first marriage. Grew up in East London/Essex.

Ah I'm sorry. Must be difficult for you - having a Southerner as a brother.

(I'm joking, Southerners.)

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #3326 on: May 04, 2024, 01:07:33 AM »

Does he want Moyes out?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3327 on: May 04, 2024, 01:22:46 AM »
Yes and no. Mainly yes, but he's grateful.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3328 on: May 04, 2024, 06:48:42 AM »

Ah I'm sorry. Must be difficult for you - having a Southerner as a brother.

(I'm joking, Southerners.)

Cheeky sod 😁

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #3329 on: May 04, 2024, 08:20:52 AM »
Yes and no. Mainly yes, but he's grateful.

I love the fact that they want the only man to bring them silverware in most of their lifetimes gone, because he doesn't play "the West Ham way".

Which is a bit of a myth in itself as from my 45 years on the planet, they have always played shit football.

They have just been relegation fodder at the same time.

So they play no different to how they have ever played, but won a trophy, & they still want him out?

Fucking deluded Cockney mugs...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal