collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: VAR by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:39:21 PM]

Re: VAR by Nev
[Today at 01:29:49 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by paul_e
[Today at 01:22:54 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Richard E
[Today at 01:22:34 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by itbrvilla
[Today at 01:18:17 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:16:59 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:14:34 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Proposition Joe
[Today at 01:13:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forest v Villa post-match  (Read 15333 times)

Offline lovejoy

Re: Forest v Villa post Match
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2023, 04:07:46 PM »
Reading the preview thread this game was as good as won. Perhaps we should tone down the arrogance.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2023, 04:07:57 PM »
Terrible performance.  Specially Zaniola and Cash, who were abysmal.

Cash was injured apparently. played like he was drunk so hopefully nothing seriously. Zaniolo is running out of chances under Emery.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2023, 04:08:02 PM »
That was dog-shit.

Had to happen against one of the worst sides in the league too.

One thing I don't understand from the first half was the way we kept trying to push the ball out to Digne so he could cross the ball in.

Fair enough.

But in doing that, Cash had the ball in the right hand side at least 7 or 8 times in a position to cross, & he did a prime Shawn Maloney impression by stopping the ball, cutting back & passing the ball backwards.

And then the ball went across the pitch for Digne to cross in.

What the actual fuck was Cash doing getting so far forward if he wasn't prepared to put the ball in the box?

And what the fuck were we doing 2-0 down with ten minutes to go, walking around passing the ball between the back four?

Where was the fucking urgency?

Not going to lie, that game has really pissed me off.

Fucking furious...
Very, very much how I see it.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2023, 04:08:07 PM »
Still 5th. That's about the only positive.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2023, 04:08:34 PM »
We just weren't good enough today in both boxes. It happens.

Beat Fulham and 25 points from first 12 is still an excellent start.

I think we need to start mixing the team up a little. Seems UE has his fixed prem 11 but I was amazed Bailey didn't start today.

Kamara, Luiz and Digne all on 4 yellows so we'll be seeing changes to our regular starters soon enough. Would be a bit of a disaster if we lose two of those for Spurs away so think we'll go full strength for Alkmaar and then mix and match for Fulham.

Personally I would have started Tielemans instead of Zanny and not Bailey. Saying that even the subs did nothing. The tempo of the whole game was thrown off by letting in the early goals each half, something Emery needs to address as this is the 4th loss away from home when we have conceded in the first few minutes.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2023, 04:08:46 PM »
First half tactics very poor with both Dougie and Kamara very deep leaving McGinn surrounded. Second half Dougie moved up 20 yards and we dominate but the lack of movement from the players in front, the slowness of getting balls into the box, Watkins never once had a chance to run at them instead always with his back to goal. Diaby, are we playing to his strengths? Emi, next time (ha!) he wants to piss off to Paris to pick up an award, tell him to do it via Zoom.

Forest were just to strong for us. We always struggle against physically strong sides. No complaints, they deserved the three points.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2023, 04:09:11 PM »
That was cack. Goals at the start of halves really piss me off too. Zaniolo needs offing.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2023, 04:09:48 PM »
I blame all those writing Forest off as hopeless pre-match….not really. We were just completely off it, need to learn from it. There are times away when we’re a bit listless and we struggle when going behind.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2023, 04:09:48 PM »
I don’t see the point of Zaniolo at all. Why loan in such a bog standard nothing player?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2023, 04:09:51 PM »
Zaniolo needs to wake the fuck up.

Online andyh

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2023, 04:10:19 PM »
I’m fully on board with playing out from the back but can’t we do the side ways stuff a bit quicker when we’re up against the clock?
You are right. We, as fans, have been educated that this is the way we play.
But we must be able to mix it up, and speed it up. surely.

Offline supertom

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2023, 04:10:45 PM »
We could play on until thursday and not score. Our final pass and final shot were excruciating today. Not really much to be positive about sadly. Diaby had his worst game. Bailey was back to the Bailey we've seen way too much of away from home sadly, although he was at least better than Zaniolo. Ollie just wasn't on it either sadly. Cash never seemed to want to drive on the outside. Douglas was really off the boil. Martinez must still be hungover from the ballon d'ors. Less said about their second the better but I thought he was poorly positioned on the first goal and got beaten too easily.

Only positives for me were Pau who really does ping it around nicely. Digne was really one of our only outlets but he tired out. Mcginn played okay too. Tielemens was fairly decent when he came on. Fluffed a good chance, but no one seemed to get anything like a clean strike today.

One to write off. We really weren't at the races and didn't up the tempo enough.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2023, 04:11:09 PM »
Zaniolo was one of the hottest prospects in world football before his injury and is an Italy international. Ramsey is injured so Zaniolo the 'bog standard nothing player' is not a bad option to have until Ramsey is fit.

Online andyh

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2023, 04:12:01 PM »
First half tactics very poor with both Dougie and Kamara very deep leaving McGinn surrounded. Second half Dougie moved up 20 yards and we dominate but the lack of movement from the players in front, the slowness of getting balls into the box, Watkins never once had a chance to run at them instead always with his back to goal. Diaby, are we playing to his strengths? Emi, next time (ha!) he wants to piss off to Paris to pick up an award, tell him to do it via Zoom.

Forest were just to strong for us. We always struggle against physically strong sides. No complaints, they deserved the three points.
That can never be an excuse though, can it?
They were too physical for us ?

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2023, 04:13:25 PM »
I’m fully on board with playing out from the back but can’t we do the side ways stuff a bit quicker when we’re up against the clock?

Problem is we played as if we've got it out head that you can turn up and just pass the ball into the net every week.  Emery was found out today, and could not react.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal