collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Things we get right.  (Read 2455 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Things we get right.
« on: October 26, 2023, 11:11:12 PM »
I've thought this for a long time, despite the shit like Lower Grounds and Terrace View etc, more often than not, off the pitch we get things very right, way more than a lot of clubs. It's the sort of reasoning that saw us take Acorns as shirt sponsors, and across owners since, it seems to have survived.

See this this evening? Great example.

Kid pre-match has his (and I don't like these normally, but in this case, I'll go with it) 'can i have your shirt' sign taken off him by a wanker steward and actually thrown away.

https://x.com/KeslerSZN/status/1717570665606209855?s=20

Then, post match:

https://x.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1717614151483170827?s=20

Well done, Villa, little things like this make me proud.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
Re: Things we get right.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 01:33:32 AM »
I've thought this for a long time, despite the shit like Lower Grounds and Terrace View etc, more often than not, off the pitch we get things very right, way more than a lot of clubs. It's the sort of reasoning that saw us take Acorns as shirt sponsors, and across owners since, it seems to have survived.

See this this evening? Great example.

Kid pre-match has his (and I don't like these normally, but in this case, I'll go with it) 'can i have your shirt' sign taken off him by a wanker steward and actually thrown away.

https://x.com/KeslerSZN/status/1717570665606209855?s=20

Then, post match:

https://x.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1717614151483170827?s=20

Well done, Villa, little things like this make me proud.

Very sweet, thanks for posting, Paulie.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 01:41:00 AM »
Totally unnecessary but a great outcome.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 01:47:20 AM »
Saw that it’s great isn’t it.

I also have mixed feelings about the whole gimme a shirt banners; I’ve been down by the tunnel at the end when it was just me and little AV and it’s cool being in almost touching distance, but you get sucked into the idea and she obviously likes the idea of getting a freebie.

Entirely unnecessary to throw all that hard work in the bin when it’s been put away, but it’s what’s got him what he wanted. I’m sure we’ll be seeing these clips stitched together and in compilations for years to come.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 01:55:15 AM »
Yeah, those kind of signs do irritate me, and I do have some sympathy for the stewards who clearly don't want to be doing what they've been asked to do.

I know one thing can lead to another, but if it's kids trying to get their hero's shirt - as opposed to a grown man wrestling with women & kids to get the shirt of an Indian cricketer to stick on ebay - then that's okay with me.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 08:03:01 AM »
Beggars. That's how they start. Transportation would sort them out - a spell in van Diemen's Land and they wouldn't do it again.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2023, 08:51:11 AM »
Beggars. That's how they start. Transportation would sort them out - a spell in van Diemen's Land and they wouldn't do it again.

Brilliant, as long as they don't try and deport them over here.

Seriously though, we do get a lot right and overall the Club do care about the fans.

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 09:53:14 AM »
I agree with not supporting the requests, but thanks for posting Paulie.

Expanding the theme...I'd like us to return to Acorns, but the money we'd lose is potentially huge.
And selfishly...the nostalgic bit in me would love to see massive AV floodlights on the new 'Saunders Stand'.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal