collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton Post-Match Thread  (Read 13311 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Aston Villa v Everton Post-Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2023, 12:07:17 AM »
The shite atmosphere last night contributed to the result. The players were listless. It was a very passive  performance against a side who were woeful. They couldn't get themselves up and there wasn't enough of us to create an atmosphere. The result is on the club and the fucking moron who priced the majority of season ticket holders out.

Some of which will have just come back from Poland, paid for flights and accommodation in Amsterdam, were at the Bridge, shelled out £90 on the European home games, or a combination of the above. Throw in the contempt we've been held in with the abysmal downgrading of the Upper Holte, the total bastardisation of the stand in general with Terrace View and Lower Grounds (which was booed louder at half time than any song was sung during the game) and you've alienated people, driven them away and contributed significantly, as much as McGinn at left back, to getting us knocked out the cup. You clueless, arrogant wankers.

Very well said, and a new Premium Experience, "The Lower Grounds" is coming on Saturday. There, you will be able to purchase Momma's Hot Dogs at less than extortionate prices.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/premium

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2023, 01:44:13 AM »
I looked through the windows of the Holte Suite and they’ve got a lot to do to get it ready.

Thing is, nobody would give a shit if they hired the Majestic and made it corporate, or the Aston Hotel or the Academy. They’ve started in the worst possible place.

I can just picture you there, hands to your eyes, peering through, until someone shouts "oi!" and you run off.

It's not a good look, Perce 😉

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2023, 01:47:25 AM »
I looked through the windows of the Holte Suite and they’ve got a lot to do to get it ready.

Thing is, nobody would give a shit if they hired the Majestic and made it corporate, or the Aston Hotel or the Academy. They’ve started in the worst possible place.

I can just picture you there, hands to your eyes, peering through, until someone shouts "oi!" and you run off.

It's not a good look, Perce 😉

Haha, it was just a glance “As I Walked up to the Steps of the Holte End”. Full lyrics available on request.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 05:34:27 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2023, 01:41:28 PM »
Well we’ve had our usual five year stable period time for the politics of the people in charge to kick in.  Not a Fcukin clue this lot. Trying to increase revenue and in so doing losing 19k off the gate.  Great business.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2023, 01:58:21 PM »
Well we’ve had our usual five year stable period time for the politics of the people in charge to kick in.  Not a Fcukin clue this lot. Trying to increase revenue and in so doing losing 19k off the gate.  Great business.

They'll see it as 24,000 paying ~£36 provided more money than 41,000 paying ~£15. Heck knows exactly what he's doing.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2023, 02:00:22 PM »
It's a shame the next round of League Cup games will net us precisely nowt.

Offline 85kota

« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2023, 02:28:00 PM »

A third more sinister option would be they are purposely trying to break the Holte from what it has always been.

To facilitate a move to a new stadium.

Where everyone will get a drink quickly and piss it away in a pristine convenience.

Everyone's a winner baby.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2023, 02:29:42 PM »

A third more sinister option would be they are purposely trying to break the Holte from what it has always been.

Where everyone will get a drink quickly and piss it away in a pristine convenience.

yeah and the road links will be great as it will be next to Resorts World and the M42

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2023, 03:20:32 PM »

yeah and the road links will be great as it will be next to Resorts World and the M42

I know it's half in jest but the road links around there are an absolute fucking disaster, traversing the M42 and any time or indeed any day is a joke. You could have a zombie apocolypse wipe out 95% of the population and they'd still have two lanes closed and 40 mph limits up that appear to be gaslighting you as that kind of speed can only be dreamt of.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal