collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by mrfuse
[Today at 08:17:57 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by PeterWithe
[Today at 08:06:23 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by jwarry
[Today at 08:04:36 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clueless first time Villa match attendee question  (Read 972 times)

Offline eyupmiduck

Clueless first time Villa match attendee question
« on: September 12, 2023, 01:09:34 AM »
Hello everyone,

I moved away from the UK over 20 years ago.  I am bringing my 11 year old to the UK for a short visit to the grandparents in February.  He really wants to see a Premier League match.  I am considering taking him to Villa Forest on the 24th.  I haven't been to a match this century.  My brother-in-law insists its going to be difficult to get tickets.  Is this true?  I am sorry for asking so early but the decision on whether to go will impact other plans I have for the trip.   

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Clueless first time Villa match attendee question
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 01:00:55 PM »
You will need a fan ID each which is easy as you just need to ring up with your details to get them.

That should enable you to buy online as soon as they go on general sale, or ask a season ticket holder to buy your tickets and assign them to you as they will get you into the buying pool a round earlier.

It would cost £60 to get you a claret member ship and him a cubs membership which would put you right at the front of the queue when tickets go on sale (ahead of even ST holders) It’s not essential, but it will give you the best range of tickets.

Tickets go on sale online at 5pm here, so that is probably an alarm clock job for you if you want to be really on it!

Offline eyupmiduck

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 05:36:18 PM »
Thank you for your help.  This will be the highlight of his trip.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 08:32:16 PM »
You will need a fan ID each which is easy as you just need to ring up with your details to get them.

I'd also add that you should link your and your son's Fan IDs once they're created, so you can select and buy your seats together in a single transaction.

When I was over for the Leeds game last season I was in the Lower Holte and we were standing for the entire 90 mins. Not an issue, and indeed preferable for me, but would be problematic with an 11 year old. I'd suggest going for somewhere where standing is less of an issue and seeking advice from the regular attendees on here as to where's best.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 08:38:21 PM »
Trinity Upper always has a fair bit of availability. Forest is Category B so you're looking at 45.50 adult and 23 quid under 18 if you avoid middle two blocks. It's difficult to get seats together anywhere in the Holte.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/17/Ticketing-details-for-2023-24/

This is a useful link with prices, on sale dates etc.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 09:16:49 PM »

I'd also add that you should link your and your son's Fan IDs once they're created, so you can select and buy your seats together in a single transaction.

When I was over for the Leeds game last season I was in the Lower Holte and we were standing for the entire 90 mins. Not an issue, and indeed preferable for me, but would be problematic with an 11 year old. I'd suggest going for somewhere where standing is less of an issue and seeking advice from the regular attendees on here as to where's best.

When I take my nephew we go in the upper tier of The Doug Ellis, towards The Holte End (P1)  It’s great for picking up the atmosphere of The Holte whilst still being able to see, and not having such direct exposure to ‘language’.
There is a bit of a restricted view thing going on towards the front because of the rails at the front of the upper tier, but you soon get used to kind of ‘seeing round’ them & there’s usually decent availability there.
It’s impossible to get food or drink or get to the toilet at the times you’d like to, but we amuse ourselves with a walk to the top of the stand and a wander down to the other end to wave at the away fans!

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2023, 11:59:46 AM »
In light of your user name, would you possibly be Forest fans?  If so, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem being in with the home fans, but obviously be mindful!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal