collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:59:17 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 11:57:56 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:57:13 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:54:44 AM]

[Today at 11:51:46 AM]

[Today at 11:49:30 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 11:49:23 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 11:48:39 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window - The Verdict.  (Read 7707 times)

Online RamboandBruno

Re: Summer Transfer Window - The Verdict.
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2023, 07:55:41 AM »
Its been generally a really good window, Im really pleased.

Saying that if at 1pm Olsen is named in goals….

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2023, 08:36:24 AM »
Wonderful signings of real quality but for me, we have left ourselves one short. A centre forward.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2023, 11:08:24 AM »
It was a really intelligent window, and of course - it hasn't finished yet with maybe Coutinho off to Saudi Pro League.
We're light on another proper striker, but what I've seen of Diaby then he could do a job up front if needed. Zaniolo and Lenglet were clever signings to replace Buendia and Mings.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2023, 11:53:33 AM »
I think it's been a brilliant window.

When you see the endless dashing around at 10.59pm to sign players still and fax off documents you have to say it was outstanding recruitment to get all of Pau, Tielemans and Diaby in for pre season.

These aren't just squad players but three real difference makers for us this season. Can't think of any other clubs who got three first choice players in that early this window.

Zaniolo is an intriguing signing and we haven't gambled on just going with three CBs up to Jan but got in very experienced backup in Lenglet.

Yes people will want another RB and CF but I think we have enough to get through to January given we've already suffered 3-4 serious injuries in last three months so eventually that stops, Moreno and Ramsey hopefully back in next month and then our left hand side will be very strong.

This is result of joined up thinking at long last between coach and recruitment team so long may it continue.
Yeah, agree with that. Like how the last few summers, we've but messed about - get all the major transfers through before preseason, but still leave a little bit of capacity left for bringing in the odd player to deal with the unexpected injuries (unexpected more in terms of who gets injured than if we start the season with half a dozen players out.... that's just a given!)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2023, 12:21:43 PM »
I don’t think we are short. When you write down the squad, you begin to realise that we’ve got players who can cover in several different positions. The other point I would make, other than Chelsea, because they’ve spent a lot of money and sprayed and prayed a little with their signings, they do have one or two that I would’ve liked, and Tottenham, who have signed a couple of very good players. Other than that, I don’t think I’ve casted envious glances at any other club in the Premier division.  We have done really good business.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2023, 12:32:41 PM »
We can always get Lingard in if we need him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2023, 01:15:56 PM »
It's been a great window. We really should have gone for Maddison though, even if it was instead of Tielemans. He's going to transform Spurs.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2023, 01:24:03 PM »
It's been a great window. We really should have gone for Maddison though, even if it was instead of Tielemans. He's going to transform Spurs.

He was always going to Spurs. He is Spurs incarnate.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2023, 01:25:29 PM »
Maddison and his darts celebration is exactly why he's a twat and perfectly suited for Spurs.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2023, 01:32:58 PM »
I was saying to somebody yesterday, Maddison is about as Spurs as it gets.  Made for them and that infuriating slow song they sing. The ******. 

Offline 85kota

« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2023, 02:44:09 PM »

Didn't spend enough and big holes in the squad unfilled.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2023, 02:55:05 PM »
I was saying to somebody yesterday, Maddison is about as Spurs as it gets.  Made for them and that infuriating slow song they sing. The ******. 
I still like him.  But yes the darts thing is almost as bad as JWP gold swing.  (it's nowhere near as bad tbh, but still irritating)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2023, 03:01:32 PM »

Spurs under AP so far remind me of us under Emery last season. Players there were nowhere near as bad as they were performing and sick of egomaniacs like Conte and Mourinho throwing them under the bus at any opportunity. No doubt sick of Kane too and the 'will he won't he' circus. Few smart signings like Maddison and Udogie, Son in as captain, Bissouma back to his best, Brennan will give them options across the front. Not surprised they hammered Burnley, who are dreadful so far.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal