collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clement Lenglet - Confirmed (On Loan)  (Read 19105 times)

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
Clement Lenglet - Confirmed (On Loan)
« on: August 30, 2023, 02:00:57 PM »
Seems to be gathering momentum so probably worth a thread of its own. Will change the title once official. Or, y'know, delete if it goes tits up.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 11:46:30 AM by Ger Regan »

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
Re: Clement Lenglet - Loan?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 02:04:05 PM »
Romano says its imminent.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 02:04:17 PM »
Hopefully swapping not playing for Barcelona to not playing for us...but for a shit load of money (Rumours of £200k pw)

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 02:05:08 PM »
Fabrizio Romano reckons it's agreed and ready to be confirmed soon.....

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 02:08:15 PM »
Another left-sided centreback. It's got me thinking - does Emery view Konsa as first-choice, or at least co-first-choice, at right back? He does prefer one of the fullbacks to shift over in possession to make a three while the other one pushes up, and that latter role is very clearly earmarked for Digne or Moreno on the left in our system while Konsa is obviously a more natural fit for the former than Cash - who would himself be clear first choice for when we do the 3 starting centrebacks thing as we did vs. Burnley.

Who knows. I honestly don't. Unai's obviously got something in mind and I bet it's very clever.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2023, 02:11:42 PM »
Another left-sided centreback. It's got me thinking - does Emery view Konsa as first-choice, or at least co-first-choice, at right back? He does prefer one of the fullbacks to shift over in possession to make a three while the other one pushes up, and that latter role is very clearly earmarked for Digne or Moreno on the left in our system while Konsa is obviously a more natural fit for the former than Cash - who would himself be clear first choice for when we do the 3 starting centrebacks thing as we did vs. Burnley.

Who knows. I honestly don't. Unai's obviously got something in mind and I bet it's very clever.

I'd see it as a direct replacement for Mings and therefore cover for Torres. re Konsa and Right back, I think Konsa's drive and determination aligned with Emery's tactics means he can fit in wherever asked.

Online Monty

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2023, 02:12:47 PM »

I'd see it as a direct replacement for Mings and therefore cover for Torres. re Konsa and Right back, I think Konsa's drive and determination aligned with Emery's tactics means he can fit in wherever asked.

I agree with the Mings thing. What I mean is, was Konsa out right perhaps always the plan once Pau (pow!) was up to speed?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2023, 02:20:16 PM »
He's obviously been thinking of Konsa at right back for a while, because he put him there away at Wolves last season when he subbed Ash for Diego Carlos.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2023, 02:20:18 PM »

Obligatory video from his time at Barcelona. Certainly prefers his left foot. A threat in the opposing box also.

Online Drummond

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2023, 02:21:47 PM »

I agree with the Mings thing. What I mean is, was Konsa out right perhaps always the plan once Pau (pow!) was up to speed?

I reckon it could well be. Konsa has played there before, but I'd say he's only really a defender, rather than a Right Back that pushes forward.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2023, 02:22:31 PM »

I bet he says that to all the girls.

Online Monty

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2023, 02:23:34 PM »
But that's why it would work, as the right back often shuffles over to make the three out of possession. He's definitely got better on the ball though, look at him bursting forward vs. Burnley for the goals, looked like he'd been doing it for years.

Online Drummond

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2023, 02:31:55 PM »

I bet he says that to all the girls.

Here We Go, love!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2023, 02:33:08 PM »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2023, 02:48:44 PM »

I thought that when Torres first arrived, it's why the thread footy started annoyed me so much.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal