collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ing on triumphantly  (Read 2152 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: Press-ing on triumphantly
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2023, 04:36:47 AM »
Yes :-)

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2023, 07:39:43 AM »
That's great Dave. I don't know when I shall calm down. Sunday was a fabulous day. Thanks to the fans who acted with common sense, didn't invade the pitch and allowed us all to share the excitement with the players, staff and families.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2023, 02:45:30 PM »
Excellent read as ever and thanks for all the other's this season. Brighton's "offside" goal was strange. I was more or less in line and there's no doubt in my mind it should not have stood.Equally strange is the Brighton fans, I mean those I've read on sm, who have the ref down as an absolute cheat in our favour. I guess we can all be biased when it comes to our favourite football team but some of the comments are laughable. Still, Europe here we come so onwards and upwards. If Unai can inspire our current squad to such high standards it's going to be one helluva ride when he's doing it with players of an even higher grade.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2023, 03:16:18 PM »
"I could be curmudgeonly and say that all this orchestration, the smoke, flags, displays, entrance music and flamethrowers aren’t for me. I’d rather go back to the days of Hurricane Smith and spontaneous viscerality, but then again I’d also like to go out for the night and bring home change from a five pound note, and get my hair back into the bargain. Neither of those are going to happen either, so may as well accept that this is modern football and make the best of it."

One of the best pieces of writing on football all season
Congratulations Sir

Steady on! Do you not realise that H&V subscription fees will go up with comments like that?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2023, 03:32:51 PM »
Excellent read as ever and thanks for all the other's this season. Brighton's "offside" goal was strange. I was more or less in line and there's no doubt in my mind it should not have stood.Equally strange is the Brighton fans, I mean those I've read on sm, who have the ref down as an absolute cheat in our favour. I guess we can all be biased when it comes to our favourite football team but some of the comments are laughable. Still, Europe here we come so onwards and upwards. If Unai can inspire our current squad to such high standards it's going to be one helluva ride when he's doing it with players of an even higher grade.

I thought the ref was terrible for both teams and literally didn't put a foot right all game. Didn't give fouls when he should, gave fouls for perfectly good tackles, gave out pathetic yellows and didn't book players who deserved it. And how was their backpass not given as a backpass? It was a deliberate kick straight back to the keeper who picked it up.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2023, 03:39:32 PM »

I thought the ref was terrible for both teams and literally didn't put a foot right all game. Didn't give fouls when he should, gave fouls for perfectly good tackles, gave out pathetic yellows and didn't book players who deserved it. And how was their backpass not given as a backpass? It was a deliberate kick straight back to the keeper who picked it up.

I can't remember the last time I saw one given, but it's funny as the day before I was watching footage of Bayern stealing the title about 20 years ago, scoring from an indirect free kick after a backpass was picked up by the keeper, and this was more obvious.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2023, 03:54:44 PM »

I can't remember the last time I saw one given, but it's funny as the day before I was watching footage of Bayern stealing the title about 20 years ago, scoring from an indirect free kick after a backpass was picked up by the keeper, and this was more obvious.

How he deemed that as not a deliberate back pass I'll never know. I guess the cocky git defender thought the keeper would control it and boot. It topped the shocking decisions list for me.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2023, 05:25:16 PM »

The backpass that wasn't given and their offside goal gift both make a mockery of the Brighton fan's claims that the ref was a homer. He was equally bad for both teams. A shocker from the officials all round.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal