collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by astonvilla82
[Today at 01:59:39 PM]

Ollie Watkins by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:57:32 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:52:56 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by SaddVillan
[Today at 01:44:57 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by astonvilla82
[Today at 01:59:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:58:50 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:57:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 01:56:15 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:55:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:55:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 01:54:32 PM]

Re: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The high line.  (Read 13574 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: The high line.
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2024, 07:32:07 PM »
The negativity tonight is draining. We are well, well in the race for our best season in three decades. Honestly.

Offline wince

« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2024, 07:34:50 PM »
The negativity tonight is draining. We are well, well in the race for our best season in three decades. Honestly.
Just let things simmer mate. Post match nobody is rational. Just need to keep the faith and utv!

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2024, 07:35:18 PM »

Well said….im sure a few on here want us to lose so they can moan…..

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2024, 07:50:59 PM »

Sha we have a party celebrate tonight then instead? 😉 its only natural people are gonna be annoyed after losing a game for our main rival for 5th. It was a must not lose game and we lost AGAIN to those losers

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2024, 07:51:10 PM »
Seems that way, I do my best to ignore the noise.  We have been massively unlucky with defensive injuries this season and I thought the back 2 tonight did ok.  The first goal was poor marking on Maguire by Kamara, what I don't understand is why kamara was marking him in the first place and certainly after he left hum for dead from the previous corner also, that's a question for Austin McP. Most of our problems came from players lapping around Cash and Moreno and creating good crosses into the box.  These are a poor run of results but let's look at them through the prism of us being 5th in the league a position we would have been excited by occupying at the start of the season.  UTV.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2024, 10:50:35 AM »
Well its not working now is it unai? You need to start coming up with different ideas as its so easy to play against now

Which of the goals came as a result of failings with the high line? Personally I thought the defence looked much better than it had in the last few games but we got done by a few set pieces and a very good cross.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2024, 10:57:02 AM »
I'm still sure (not seen the replay!) Mainoo is miles off in the build up to the second goal

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2024, 10:59:23 AM »
Well its not working now is it unai? You need to start coming up with different ideas as its so easy to play against now

What was wrong with it yesterday?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2024, 11:00:40 AM »
There was nothing wrong with it yesterday, we caught Rashford offside countless times in the first half.

Online paul_e

« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2024, 11:02:53 AM »
I'm still sure (not seen the replay!) Mainoo is miles off in the build up to the second goal

I'd really like to see a better angle for a couple of things in the build-up to the first as well, I'm not entirely convinced it was a corner, Emi caught it very close to the line and was pretty pissed off that the linesman flagged. On top of that I thought there was an offside in the play leading to it that got missed/ignored.

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2024, 11:03:44 AM »
The high line was very good yesterday.

Online paul_e

« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2024, 11:07:28 AM »
There was nothing wrong with it yesterday, we caught Rashford offside countless times in the first half.

Only twice where we actually got a free kick but plenty of others where he stopped because he knew he was off or where we won the ball back before the flag went up and played on. 2 each for Garnacho and Hojlund as well.

All in the defensive line was very good yesterday and it feels weird that someone chose now to complain about it.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2024, 11:12:17 AM »

I'd really like to see a better angle for a couple of things in the build-up to the first as well, I'm not entirely convinced it was a corner, Emi caught it very close to the line and was pretty pissed off that the linesman flagged. On top of that I thought there was an offside in the play leading to it that got missed/ignored.

Casemiro was miles off, it wasn't a free kick and wasn't a corner. All apparently stated by Keane and Neville. We do seem on the wrong side of a lot of decisions since the Arsenal game.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2024, 11:31:26 AM »

Which of the goals came as a result of failings with the high line? Personally I thought the defence looked much better than it had in the last few games but we got done by a few set pieces and a very good cross.

How much space were united finding when we kept losing the ball? Everytime garnacho was loving it

Also we conceded two goals. Thats 8 in the last three home games. Its not working anymore been found out

Online paul_e

« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2024, 11:44:19 AM »

How much space were united finding when we kept losing the ball? Everytime garnacho was loving it

Also we conceded two goals. Thats 8 in the last three home games. Its not working anymore been found out

Garnacho was finding space where we were happy for him to have it and nothing was coming from it because we were setup to defend against it. This is what is meant when people talk about setting traps, you encourage people to play where and how you want them to and, yesterday, it worked.

I don't care much about the previous 2 games because we all know there were problems there but yesterday we'd fixed those and things went exactly as we planned, unfortunately we conceded 2 goals that were nothing to do with the defensive line (and would both be considered controversial if they'd happened against other teams).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal