collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Diego Carlos  (Read 3477 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Diego Carlos
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2023, 12:03:26 PM »
He really didn't stand out before his injury, maybe Emery doesn't rate him.

He played what two matches? Bournemouth was a shocker from everyone and that line up looks incredible now (Mings, Buendia and Watkins all started on the bench)

And Luiz, who struggled to get in for the next few games as well I think?

Offline Jimsta

• GM : 13.05.2020
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2023, 12:05:30 PM »
The point was about him not fully warming up before games. He comes out considerably later than all the other players so I made an assumption that they are not fully loading him still
Paul Mcgrath (God) never came out to warm up he had a special warm up behind closed doors , Maybe Carlos has a special way warming up before the game behind closed doors, If Emery had a problem with Carlos he wouldn't be on the bench in the first place same his fitness, He get his chance don't worry.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 12:18:27 PM by Jimsta »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2023, 03:49:07 AM »
I’m pretty sure if anyone knows the qualities of Diego Carlos it would someone like Emery who would have competed against him. Diego Carlos at Sevilla was outstanding. He’s played two games for us. He’s a quality player we will see more of next season. There is no controversy here. We have one of the meanest defences and stable CB partnerships in the league over the past 3 months. A player coming back of a significant injury doesn’t need to be rushed back.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2023, 06:06:38 AM »
Anyone notice his embrace with Lopetegui (his Sevilla manager)? Clearly a lot of emotion involved in finally being able to play some minutes again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal