collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets - 2023/24  (Read 101277 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2023, 12:40:04 PM »
Not that I’m a ST holder currently or on the waiting list but still love all things AV and the workings of our great club. forgive me asking these couple of questions if I’ve missed them in this thread already, ;
If capacity of ST is still 30k next season, and knocking North about starts mid season, where will those ST be relocated, or will have a choice ? Is this discussed when those particular supporters renew ?

Simple maths, if this happens, assuming about 5k of upper/lower North are ST holders, when they are relocated, are the club allowed under premiership rules, offer no matchday tickets for remaining games, as there will be no capacity left ?

Only taking 100 seats out for 8 disabled spaces in holte plus another 8 or carers, plus access doesn’t seem a lot to create access, bearing in mind there are plenty of standing fans there for viewable access ? Have fans there been told that it’s a couple of rows affected or a sort of 10 x 10 rows/seats block ?

There's been no talk of starting work during the season. Purslow said he doesn't like using half-finished stands so my guess is that it will be summer 2024 and be fully opened whenever it's complete.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2023, 01:50:09 PM »
I wonder if part of the reason for the boom in attendances the last few years is because we'd maybe started to take for granted being in the top flight year after year, and it was only really when we weren't in it any more that we realised it's not something that will always be there.

There's a host of reasons, one of them being the Small Heath obsession that we attract families from the shires in a way no other club can. I've said for many a year that whoever could turn our casual fans into matchgoing supporters will fill the ground every week and now it's happening. Then there's something PWS reminded me of recently - people love to join a crowd.

Wasn’t that me? People love to go somewhere that’s hard to get in?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2023, 01:52:46 PM »
Me and Dave were talking about it on the phone a few weeks or so ago.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2023, 01:54:53 PM »

Ah ok. Me and Dave were on about it on the way to the Bournemouth game, when we saw the twat in the ‘Going Since 77’ Bournemouth top. He was only about 40.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2023, 04:21:45 PM »
I understand the ST holder in the back rows of The Holte are being offered an early opportunity to look at what relocation spaces are available, but surely it would make sense for people in other parts of The Holte to be able to express an interest in moving to the standing area, and offer a swap system?

I release that there won’t be many at the back of The Holte who won’t want to stand anyway, & there’ll only be the odd few who do still want to be able to sit down every now and then. I still think that if there are some, there’ll be people who fancy the standing section who’d be in seats that those moving out would quite like.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #290 on: April 30, 2023, 04:42:12 PM »

Ah ok. Me and Dave were on about it on the way to the Bournemouth game, when we saw the twat in the ‘Going Since 77’ Bournemouth top. He was only about 40.

I always have to be told something twice before it registers.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2023, 05:25:16 PM »
Once season tickets are outstripped by demand. People who might be in two minds about renewing are afraid to drop out. It could be years before they get the opportunity again. I’m confident that if the increased capacity is still oversubscribed at the higher numbers, we will still be seeing full houses. Of course, a decline in our fortunes on the pitch could adversely affect demand, but that fear of giving up a much sought after ST would, even in those circumstances, be a strong incentive to retain that ST.

Absolutely where I am. When I moved north I was going to give up my season ticket and see how many games I got to. If I ended up being at most of them, then I would have thought about getting a season ticket again. Now, I just feel like I can’t give it up, no matter how many games I can’t get to because of re-arranged KOs. Next season with Europa League could be even worse but I’ll still be keeping it!
Dont ever let it go,Everton have a ST holder who’s 118!!!!

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2023, 12:03:17 PM »
Had a phone call from Lesley explaining situation regarding wheelchair access in L4, she offered us various seats in the lower Holte but only close to each other and said we will get priority if people don't renew, she also mentioned safe standing in the upper Holte L3 and and had two together,so we are having them at 10% cheaper.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2023, 03:33:07 PM »
Once season tickets are outstripped by demand. People who might be in two minds about renewing are afraid to drop out. It could be years before they get the opportunity again. I’m confident that if the increased capacity is still oversubscribed at the higher numbers, we will still be seeing full houses. Of course, a decline in our fortunes on the pitch could adversely affect demand, but that fear of giving up a much sought after ST would, even in those circumstances, be a strong incentive to retain that ST.

Absolutely where I am. When I moved north I was going to give up my season ticket and see how many games I got to. If I ended up being at most of them, then I would have thought about getting a season ticket again. Now, I just feel like I can’t give it up, no matter how many games I can’t get to because of re-arranged KOs. Next season with Europa League could be even worse but I’ll still be keeping it!

We had one that sat in our group in the lower Holte for a number of years.  Wasn't as old as 118 but in his early 100's He didn't go much so the season ticket was shared around and given to the oldest member of the group (early to mid 50s) to prevent suspicion. When I say didn't go much, he didn't go at all in the last 20 odd years on account of the fact he was dead.

Renewed mine yesterday.  yes, it's gone up a hefty hike but I feel something is actually happening, not another false dawn but from where we are now looking like it might actually be a real dawn or at worst less false.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2023, 08:35:35 PM »
How long have you got to renew?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2023, 08:48:16 PM »

Deadline is the end of May.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2023, 08:49:47 PM »

We had one that sat in our group in the lower Holte for a number of years.  Wasn't as old as 118 but in his early 100's He didn't go much so the season ticket was shared around and given to the oldest member of the group (early to mid 50s) to prevent suspicion. When I say didn't go much, he didn't go at all in the last 20 odd years on account of the fact he was dead.

A fella near us went to the Roscommon v Galway game (18k crowd) a couple of weeks ago. He turned 106 back in Jan. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2023, 08:53:46 PM »

Thanks Chris.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2023, 10:25:07 PM »

Thanks Chris.

That feels very early this year because you usually have a month or so of not going to games before the deadline, but this year, the season ends no BAM - let’s have your money for the next one!

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2023, 10:36:06 PM »

Thanks Chris.

That feels very early this year because you usually have a month or so of not going to games before the deadline, but this year, the season ends no BAM - let’s have your money for the next one!

I looked back and left it quite close to the deadline last year, but it was still only first week in June when I renewed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal