collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.  (Read 796403 times)

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.
« Reply #1875 on: May 31, 2023, 09:30:48 PM »
Apparently favourites for Tielemans, Barnes and Carvalho as well as Asensio....

William Carvalho?

Some decent signings there.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1876 on: May 31, 2023, 09:42:16 PM »

So none of them probably. Knowing our luck we will end up with Drinkwater, Jenas and Bowery.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #1877 on: May 31, 2023, 09:47:23 PM »

So none of them probably. Knowing our luck we will end up with Drinkwater, Jenas and Bowery.

Arsensio may be a better fit for Arsenal. Just a thought.

Remember Bill Clinton playing sax on his show.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1878 on: May 31, 2023, 10:05:43 PM »
Tielemans is a typical MOTD player.  Scores a worldie once a season and then stops giving a shit.  I don't care that he got relegated, as it's not about that, he just simply isn't good enough for where we want to go and won't get in ahead of any of our current midfielders.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1879 on: May 31, 2023, 10:21:34 PM »
Tielemans is a typical MOTD player.  Scores a worldie once a season and then stops giving a shit.  I don't care that he got relegated, as it's not about that, he just simply isn't good enough for where we want to go and won't get in ahead of any of our current midfielders.

I don't know what I think of him but there were a lot of pundits saying he could play for a CL team last season. I don't like most of them but they shouldn't really all be wrong.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #1880 on: May 31, 2023, 10:27:50 PM »

I’d probably say there’s not a clear or massive upgrade on either Doug or Kamara, I think that’s his position. He’s got some talent though, considering he’s, what 25/26, got best part of 10 years experience as a pro and I’m sure he’d improve under Unai.
Melinkovic-Savic was mentioned earlier, someone like him would offer something different to our current central midfielders, namely height, physicality and goal scoring but is that an area where we’ll be looking to strengthen?

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1881 on: June 01, 2023, 01:57:28 AM »

I saw a comment the other day from a Black Shirt saying Asensio has never been the same since he did his ACL. Anybody know the back story on this?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1882 on: June 01, 2023, 04:39:24 AM »
He did his knee against Arsenal in the 2019 pre season and essentially missed a year. But since he’s come back he’s not missed many games, played in over 130 for club and country. He seems to be fine.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #1883 on: June 01, 2023, 06:50:07 AM »

I don't know what I think of him but there were a lot of pundits saying he could play for a CL team last season. I don't like most of them but they shouldn't really all be wrong.

He has ability but not the right attitude if the last 18 months are anything to go by. Leicester shouldn't have been relegated with that much potential fire power and back up. He didn't do anywhere near enough to prevent it

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1884 on: June 01, 2023, 06:55:09 AM »

He has ability but not the right attitude if the last 18 months are anything to go by. Leicester shouldn't have been relegated with that much potential fire power and back up. He didn't do anywhere near enough to prevent it
In the games I saw, his facial expression’s, body language and performances were not telling you this guy really gives a fuck.

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1885 on: June 01, 2023, 07:10:32 AM »
Leicester fan at work told me yesterday Tielmans hasnt given a toss last 12 months and along with losing Schmeichel was the main reasons they went down in his opinion

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1886 on: June 01, 2023, 07:14:18 AM »
Leicester fan at work told me yesterday Tielmans hasnt given a toss last 12 months and along with losing Schmeichel was the main reasons they went down in his opinion
There was lots of speculation he was leaving but the move never happened, maybe his reputation went before him.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1887 on: June 01, 2023, 07:23:34 AM »
Tielemans under Emery would be a damn fine addition.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1888 on: June 01, 2023, 07:32:45 AM »
The problems at Leicester last summer  started with Rodgers who seemed to be setting himself up to be sacked with a big pay off.

On top of that, like Leeds, it doesn't matter how good you are going forward if you concede nearly 2 goals per game.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1889 on: June 01, 2023, 08:24:26 AM »
The problems at Leicester last summer  started with Rodgers who seemed to be setting himself up to be sacked with a big pay off.

On top of that, like Leeds, it doesn't matter how good you are going forward if you concede nearly 2 goals per game.

They had the worst keeper in the league, he was Olsen standard.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal