collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.  (Read 791742 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.
« Reply #1485 on: May 25, 2023, 05:23:15 PM »
Like I saw with Rodrigo, I can see us linked to Perez. Although its not like a major hope that either will be signed, in the context of the squad, we can't count either out being signed. There are some merits for discussion on either player and how they would fit.

Rodrigo would be a pretty useful squad player to come in across the front line, now that he's got used to the Premier League. Perez can be kept for spare parts in case any of our good players need a new kidney or something.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1486 on: May 25, 2023, 05:29:47 PM »
Literally, Perez is on a free, so that's where the suggestion comes from I wouldn't think much links without him being out if contract and not inclined for us to pay a transfer fee for likes of him but I have no qualms on a free move.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 05:31:31 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1487 on: May 25, 2023, 05:30:24 PM »
Literally, Perez is on a free, so that's where the suggestion comes from.

too expensive

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1488 on: May 25, 2023, 05:39:22 PM »
Literally, Perez is on a free, so that's where the suggestion comes from I wouldn't think much links without him being out if contract and not inclined for us to pay a transfer fee for likes of him but I have no qualms on a free move.
So a player that is so shit a relegation team sent him out on loan, he couldn’t get in the Leicester team but you persist with another of your bat shit crazy  theories and you wonder why people get pissed off with you.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #1489 on: May 25, 2023, 05:40:20 PM »
I have 2 concerns with Barnes.

Firstly he's pretty much only ever played as a left winger and our 'normal' shape for the last 6 months has used Moreno in that role with the left sided midfielder/wing drifting much more central and with a lot more defensive responsibility.
Secondly he blows hot and cold, on his day he's a great player who can score goals like the one against us, but he also has a lot of games where he does fuck all.

He's definitely better than Bailey but I'm not sure if he's so much better that we should change our way of playing to fit him in.

If you look on Leicester forums they're much more critical of him than you'd expect given his goal return.

Agree Paul.  Leaving the left side clear for Moreno to move forward into seems to be a very deliberate tactic and I can't see that changing to be honest. 

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1490 on: May 25, 2023, 06:03:19 PM »
So a player that is so shit a relegation team sent him out on loan, he couldn’t get in the Leicester team but you persist with another of your bat shit crazy  theories and you wonder why people get pissed off with you.
Scored in Europa League at Man Utd for Betis
And he's at Real Betis are 6th so not at Leicester is irrelevant
Even though there are better players, the connection is conceivable.
Even in terms of singing on a free its plausible as is my as thought that Perez can readily adapt to Emery and the league.

Remember that Villa have recent negotiating with Betis for a player and a coach.
Despite your dismissive tone, Benito, the chief scout at Betis, is currently at Villa, so it's not completely impossible due to the link.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #1491 on: May 25, 2023, 06:03:46 PM »

And happy to sell McGinn off. Absolutely bonkers. Would love to see Footy Vil squad written down

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1492 on: May 25, 2023, 06:05:39 PM »

And happy to sell McGinn off. Absolutely bonkers. Would love to see Footy Vil squad written down
No incorrect. I said upgraded for a goal scoring midfielder but to be part of the squad. Others spoke of sales not I.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1493 on: May 25, 2023, 06:19:14 PM »
Scored in Europa League at Man Utd for Betis
And he's at Real Betis are 6th so not at Leicester is irrelevant
Even though there are better players, the connection is conceivable.
Even in terms of singing on a free its plausible as is my as thought that Perez can readily adapt to Emery and the league.

Remember that Villa have recent negotiating with Betis for a player and a coach.
Despite your dismissive tone, Benito, the chief scout at Betis, is currently at Villa, so it's not completely impossible due to the link.

Ignore everything else trying to find connections, etc. Do you think he's good enough to have us challenging for the top 4? If not then he's not worth considering, that's the market we need to be looking at if we're going to move on from where we are now.

Personally I think he's nowhere near that standard, couldn't get into a team that are likely to go down and whilst Betis are doing ok his record of 2 in 19 is hardly evidence that he's just waiting for the right manager/club, especially given he'll be 30 by the start of the season. If we're signing players at that sort of age they need to improving our first 11 in my opinion, squad filler (except for a 2nd keeper) should generally be players who will potentially become first choice during their contract, and that means you want them to have time to improve.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1494 on: May 25, 2023, 06:20:08 PM »

There is absolutely no point in debating with him, surprising he is allowed to trolll this obviously.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1495 on: May 25, 2023, 06:35:26 PM »
There is absolutely no point in debating with him, surprising he is allowed to trolll this obviously.

At time of posting, he's broken no site rules so I'm not sure what exactly we should be stopping him from doing.

If you feel that people shouldn't engage with him, can I respectfully suggest that you lead by example if it bothers you so much?

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1496 on: May 25, 2023, 06:42:52 PM »
Definitely would be an improvement. But not for the £50m being touted about.

£40 millions - with add ons to take that closer to £50 milllion based on progress etc - makes more sense.

We paid £35 million for Buendia, whose reputation was largely based on success in the Championship, let's not forget.  We won't be signing an English player with Barnes' profile for much less than that two years later - and with even more money sloshing around in the game.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1497 on: May 25, 2023, 06:46:22 PM »

At time of posting, he's broken no site rules so I'm not sure what exactly we should be stopping him from doing.

If you feel that people shouldn't engage with him, can I respectfully suggest that you lead by example if it bothers you so much?
People don't understand the point of the debate.
No, I don't believe Perez is among players that would make us top 4.
And although I've been making the case that it's feasible, I wasn't urging us to sign him.
I was just pointing out that it's a possibility and it's a plausible signing on a free transfer.
There will be no more Perez discussion from me.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #1498 on: May 25, 2023, 06:55:05 PM »
I was just pointing out that it's a possibility and it's a plausible signing on a free transfer.

I think there's more chance of Risso waking up tomorrow, and after a short period of introspection, deciding to dedicate the rest of his life to raising jazz awareness.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1499 on: May 25, 2023, 07:08:23 PM »

Sorry I thought trolling was, I guess it is a judgement as to wether it is trolling. But point taken.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal