collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reasons to be cheerful: Part three (hundred and eight)  (Read 2268 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Reasons to be cheerful: Part three (hundred and eight)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 09:54:52 PM »
Excellent.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 10:36:54 PM »
Ah, that was a good read!
And I think we are indeed going places.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 12:07:01 AM »
I’ve been making a list like that in my head for weeks. Marvellous.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 04:55:10 AM »
Before he took over a lot was written about how much detail Emre puts in to the opposition. He expects the players to work as hard as he does at the game and I have the feeling that any player who doesn't put the time and effort in to improving will not last long.

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 06:51:13 AM »
Cracking article, sums up everything very nicely.

I honestly believe the Unai may be the best manager we have had since I don’t know when, his love of the game seems to be infectious and is obviously rubbing off on the payers.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 07:10:53 AM »
I enjoyed that. It's nice to read something unashamedly optimistic.

And I think he's right on all counts, too. It's an exciting time to be a Villan.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 07:16:09 AM »
Enjoyed that.

I'm similar with our players. I want the fairytale ending. I want the lad who came to the club for a few months loan - cast aside by a club that's historically mainly been a couple of divisions below us -  the player who went back to that club by train, in full Villa kit because he'd finally found somewhere he belonged & was loved .... I want that player to lead us during our brightest days. It helps that he comes across as being a lovely, lovely chap.

Likewise SJM, I don't want us to sell him because I desperately want some part of that Championship team to make it. I want a situation where a club in the Championship, whoever they are, can believe that if they get a couple of special players ... Maybe, just maybe, it could be their turn.

I also absolutely love a home grown player, and as Alex wrote it'll absolutely wonderful when H&V's favourite son fulfills his destiny. There's just something very special about having a Villa supporter, from Birmingham, starring in the first team. We're fortunate in that we might have a group of those in the next year or two.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:17:55 AM by algy »

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 08:27:52 AM »
That’s brilliant, the sense of optimism is unusual as a Villa fan (since 1957) but this sums up why we are all getting excited. Watching the men’s, women’s and U21 teams are all a pleasure now.
From the owners down we are in good hands.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023, 08:29:15 AM »
Good stuff

There was a passage of play v West Ham when they being very tight and not pressing. We kept it for a while and forced them into the press and within a few seconds we had either created a chance or won a corner. It patient and deliberate.

We have a plan.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2023, 10:01:01 AM »
What a very enjoyable read.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2023, 10:03:31 AM »
It’s exactly how I feel. The only thing I’m not in agreement with is his optimism regarding Louie Barry. I’ve seen nothing yet that suggests he will be part of our new dawn. Maybe he’s one that will take longer to mature to be the striker we hope.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2023, 01:16:52 PM »
That’s a great read. Capturing the feelings of most of us I’d say and rightly upbeat.
We have been here before but I’d definitely agree that this just feels different. If there’s a club that deserves some success it’s ours and it’s coming.

Up The Villa

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2023, 01:36:24 PM »
I think the biggest difference we are all feeling and it's captured in the article as there is intent and purpose in what we are doing and hoping to achieve. Not a new manager bounce or a moment in time scenario where we all know this all comes apart. That the club, for the first time in my Villa following life, and that even includes MON of the more recent managers, Emery has been given the full access to change the club as he sees fit. MON brought in two trusted soldiers. Emery will likely be a part of the long term vision of the club; mainly on the pitch, but you can see with his passion for the supporters, how he wants to revolutionize us off it too. What he has done with this group of players in a few months is nothing short of remarkable. And after this summer we will see an even better Villa with a squad that is capable of challenging near the top. Not by accident, but by design. One we can trust to give us consistent performances across a season. That doesn't guarantee a damn thing and we still need to win the games, but we will go into each one with a specific plan to do so vs giving it our best shot.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2023, 01:51:14 PM »
Really enjoyable read.
Its interesting considering im a grumpy middle aged git, but im more excited about next season that my 13 year old son. Not that he’s not enjoying things now, he is, but he hasnt got 40 years worth of comparators like i have. Even after only 5 or 6 months this just feels very very different. There is no razzmatazz or fanfare, there are no soundbites, there are no excessive interviews or trumpeting what we are going to do. There is a hard working man who has a clear vision and seems to want to build a team and the club and to instill the plan game by game but also month by month into these players. You could tell after Saturday, he talked about making sure we stayed up and now and only now does he talk about the potential for Europe as the next target. Methodical, driven, organised.
There are so many variables including other teams and their finances, but we are going places with Emery, book your tickets for the FA Cup final 2024.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal