collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by remy
[Today at 05:52:44 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:56:02 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 1571 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Here we go again
« on: March 10, 2023, 10:22:05 PM »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 10:51:27 PM »
Done.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 12:43:44 AM »
"They’re bouncing around the bottom of the table, which is somewhere David Moyes knows a bit about. He still looks like the ne’erdowell husband of the put-upon hero in a Kay Mellor drama.".

A chap I used to work with said he "looks like he is carrying heavy shopping" and had "drooping shoulders". Furthermore he suggested that he "was not the master of his own domain".

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 01:14:27 PM »
First visit to the London Stadium tomorrow. I've heard that it's a shithole and am expecting nothing more. Even West Ham fans don't like it.

I miss The Boleyn/Upton Park, there was a great atmosphere to the place and to the walk up from the station to the ground.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 02:19:01 PM »

I miss The Boleyn/Upton Park, there was a great atmosphere to the place and to the walk up from the station to the ground.

Nearest I've been to getting my head kicked in was there.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 05:47:38 PM »
"They’re bouncing around the bottom of the table, which is somewhere David Moyes knows a bit about. He still looks like the ne’erdowell husband of the put-upon hero in a Kay Mellor drama.".

A chap I used to work with said he "looks like he is carrying heavy shopping" and had "drooping shoulders". Furthermore he suggested that he "was not the master of his own domain".

Excellent! Can you ask him to describe the 'Identity Parade' participants in the next series of Never Mind The Buzzcocks?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 05:59:16 PM »
Good read Dave.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 06:08:52 PM »
First visit to the London Stadium tomorrow. I've heard that it's a shithole and am expecting nothing more. Even West Ham fans don't like it.

Upton Park was fine for arriving, but getting back on the Tube was a bugger. Last time I was there, I ended up walking to East Ham

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2023, 07:02:23 PM »
Thanks for this. I thought one of their players beating one of ours in a race was how they started wearing Villa's colours - is that a myth then?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 07:59:38 PM »

Plus points - it’s really easy to get to, being a 10 minute walk from Stratford station. There loads of places to eat and drink around Westfield shopping centre as well, although they’re all of the chain variety.
Once at the ground it’s pretty quick to get served if you want food/drink before or at half time.

Minus points - it’s a terrible place to watch football. You’re miles from the action due to its origins as an athletics stadium, and there’s very little atmosphere. The away fans are split into two sections separated from each other by the stage section where bands would be during a gig, which further dampens the atmosphere.

The worst point - the ten minute walk to Stratford becomes about 30-40 minutes on the way back, as they shut all the walkways around the stadium after the game. The home fans are herded back using a stop/go system, and the away fans are walked what feels like a couple of miles at least around a circuitous route of the ring road.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2023, 07:46:26 AM »
Penultimate paragraph spelling 'They' re beat us'...

Anyway, I like this piece Mr W. Sums them up rather well.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2023, 07:51:03 AM »

Plus points - it’s really easy to get to, being a 10 minute walk from Stratford station. There loads of places to eat and drink around Westfield shopping centre as well, although they’re all of the chain variety.
Once at the ground it’s pretty quick to get served if you want food/drink before or at half time.

Minus points - it’s a terrible place to watch football. You’re miles from the action due to its origins as an athletics stadium, and there’s very little atmosphere. The away fans are split into two sections separated from each other by the stage section where bands would be during a gig, which further dampens the atmosphere.

The worst point - the ten minute walk to Stratford becomes about 30-40 minutes on the way back, as they shut all the walkways around the stadium after the game. The home fans are herded back using a stop/go system, and the away fans are walked what feels like a couple of miles at least around a circuitous route of the ring road.

That sounds proper shit!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal