collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by Neil Hawkes
[Today at 11:57:36 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by martin o`who??
[Today at 11:57:15 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:49:39 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:43:43 AM]

Champions League Contention by Astnor
[Today at 11:38:10 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham vs Aston Villa pre match thread  (Read 23553 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: West Ham vs Aston Villa pre match thread
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2023, 07:34:58 PM »
West Ham have been largely shite this season including when they best us 1-0 under Stevie G. I have no love for them and wouldn’t mind if they went down, i cant stand Brady, who i met once and she seemed genuinely vile in real life, but i do feel a bit for Moyes, who is a very good manager imo.

Saying all that, i think we’ll win 2-1 (Watkins and Beundia) and that will be that Moyes.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2023, 07:37:39 PM »
Play them after they had a drubbing. We’ve seen this one before!

Last week it was "They haven't won for eight games. We know what comes next."
You beat me to it Dave!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2023, 07:48:47 PM »
After participating in  Thursday matches where they travel away, West Ham have only won two Prem games playing in Europa Conference league action. So, once against us and once against Fulham.

What's telling about both of those Premier League victories is that their flights on Thursday to Anderlect took less than an hour and an Denmark less than an hour and a half, causing far less disruption to their Sunday match. It's significant that both of those Premier League wins came when they had an under 2 hour  travel time.

This season, they have never won a match in the Prem after they have travelled further distances on the Thursday

West Ham must fly to Cyprus for the Thursday match, which will take four and a half hours each way.

It's a sign.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2023, 07:51:44 PM »
Everton have a new manager bounce, Maupay hasn't scored for ages, we know what comes next. 3 points because they're shit.

We’ve won 1 of the last 13 against them. ;)

Bloody hell risso depress  me some more. Can't you just say we haven't been very successful in the last 13.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2023, 07:51:58 PM »
Villa's coach will have to come down the M6 from Bodymoor, which will take about 6 hours

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2023, 07:53:38 PM »
Everton have a new manager bounce, Maupay hasn't scored for ages, we know what comes next. 3 points because they're shit.

We’ve won 1 of the last 13 against them. ;)

Bloody hell risso depress  me some more. Can't you just say we haven't been very successful in the last 13.

I was quoting PWS's stats, although as he rightly points out, he predicted a win anyway.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2023, 08:25:55 PM »
West Ham have been largely shite this season including when they best us 1-0 under Steven G. I have no love for them and wouldn’t mind if they went down, i cant stand Brady, who i met once and she seemed genuinely vile in real life, but i do feel a bit for Moyes, who is a very good manager imo.

Saying all that, i think we’ll win 2-1 (Watkins and Beundia) and that will be that Moyes.

The same Davis Moyes who thought he was too good for us on several occasions? If beating West Ham London means he loses his job I won't be crying... well maybe with laughter. I just hope the Spammers can wait just one more league game. Talk of Mark Noble taking over until the end of the season. West Ham are dreaming if they think Carrick would leave Boro for them.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2023, 09:49:47 PM »
Five straight league defeats v this lot, wow.

0 wins in 7 since we came back up and not like our record was that good v them before relegation. Our last win at Upton Park was in 2011.

Interested people's theories as to why our record is so bad v them. To me it's 99% mentality.

Yes they're very physical but so have been Palace and Everton recently and we comfortably beat both, indeed we have a brilliant record v Everton in last four years.

Yes West Ham have been 6th and 7th in recent seasons but that's similar to Leicester who we took 4 points off last season and also won away to in 20/21.

With Man. City they must be the only team we've failed to beat since coming back up?

Feels like it's time to change that but 1-1 feels right to me as will have to see how the midfield functions without Kamara again.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2023, 09:53:50 PM »
No chance we lose this.. they've got a 8pm kickoff in Cyprus on Thursday, back to London on Friday, Saturday off and then face a rested Villa on Sunday.

I hope we can keep the ball and run them ragged.

Kicking off at 5.45pm on Thursday and given their plight I can't believe Moyes will play strongest 11. They'll leave likes of Rice and Bowen in London imo.

Funnily enough we had the same situation last season as they were playing the two legs v Sevilla either side of the home match v us. Think we were the only team in last three months to actually lose to them on a Sunday.

Earlier this season was peak Gerrard aswell. West Ham basically played for a 0-0 from kick off and still beat us with us barely having a shock.

Don't think it's good for us that Zouma is back, he usually has good games v us and type of CB Ollie tends to struggle against.

Fancy a McGinn goal in this.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2023, 09:53:57 PM »
Honestly think we'll score a few.

3 or 4 nil to us.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2023, 10:11:00 PM »
I'm not sure how many we'll score, but I think we'll win to nil. We'll be calculated and efficient, and put these away. I'm certain of it.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2023, 10:35:47 PM »
They have bullied us in the past , they are our bogey team , I would take a draw

Offline Skerra

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2023, 11:10:21 PM »
Oh, and don’t forget Antonio hasn’t scored since the Ice Age!!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2023, 11:58:10 PM »
Yeah but he's got his own footballer's podcast, so lay off 'im, innit.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2023, 05:34:10 AM »
West Ham have been largely shite this season including when they best us 1-0 under Steven G. I have no love for them and wouldn’t mind if they went down, i cant stand Brady, who i met once and she seemed genuinely vile in real life, but i do feel a bit for Moyes, who is a very good manager imo.

The same Davis Moyes who thought he was too good for us on several occasions? If beating West Ham London means he loses his job I won't be crying... well maybe with laughter. I just hope the Spammers can wait just one more league game. Talk of Mark Noble taking over until the end of the season. West Ham are dreaming if they think Carrick would leave Boro for them.

I dont think Moyes supposedly turning us down twice when we were a basket case of a club and him being a decent manager are mutually exclusive.
Anyway, it seems like the way the seasons panning out either one of them, Everton or Leeds will go with Bournemouth and Southampton, unless Leicester continue to drop. Dont’t really care too much about all that, just hope we beat them for once. Another Emery masterclass of not seeming to play that well but coming away with a 2-0 will more than do for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal