collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 02:21:16 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 02:17:45 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:58:43 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Champions League Contention by Chris Harte
[Today at 01:28:50 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Ollie Watkins by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:14:04 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Arsenal pre match thread  (Read 11999 times)

Offline Skerra

Re: Aston Villa vs Arsenal pre match thread
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2023, 01:16:32 PM »
Risso, spot on. However, if it was us playing the midweek match then our little darlings would be too tired!

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2023, 01:21:55 PM »
Them playing tonight does us a huge favour.

I can't remember the last time it ever worked in our favour. When they beat us it will be a case of "they played mid-week so were more match fit than us."

It’s not just that they have a game it’s the opponents they are playing. Lose and they’ll be shattered and will be there for the taking. Win and they’ll be a different proposition entirely.
I get what you mean though, who else would you choose to play if you need 3 points?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2023, 01:26:05 PM »

It’s not just that they have a game it’s the opponents they are playing. Lose and they’ll be shattered and will be there for the taking. Win and they’ll be a different proposition entirely.
I get what you mean though, who else would you choose to play if you need 3 points?

They'll probably have too much for us whatever the result tonight. Win, and the pressure will be off Arsenal a bit, and they'll play with a freedom against us that we won't be able to live with. Lose, and they'll be doubly determined to get back on track, and will bully us all over the pitch. We'll have more of a chance if we drop underperforming players like Ramsey and Bailey, but Emery seems as determined to stick with them as he is wedded to his 4-4-2, so I'm not hopeful.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2023, 01:34:44 PM »

They'll probably have too much for us whatever the result tonight. Win, and the pressure will be off Arsenal a bit, and they'll play with a freedom against us that we won't be able to live with. Lose, and they'll be doubly determined to get back on track, and will bully us all over the pitch. We'll have more of a chance if we drop underperforming players like Ramsey and Bailey, but Emery seems as determined to stick with them as he is wedded to his 4-4-2, so I'm not hopeful.

We’ve been bullied ever since we came back up.
It’s a huge bugbear of my’n and I just don’t get why we haven’t addressed it. Newcastle are full of 6ft plus players all over the pitch and they aren’t all that as players but physically they are able to win the ball. Until we sort this we will always get bullied.
I’m still going for us to get something though, probably a 1-1 draw based purely on hope that they are tired.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2023, 01:38:00 PM »

unless they have injuries to a few key players Saka being the most dangerous, then I cant see it working out.
The selection is crucial, If I see Bailey starting then the game its pretty much thrown.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2023, 01:59:26 PM »
They're peaking as a team and coming to the top of their cycle, whereas we are trying to kickstart ours, so no shame or despondency if we lose.

I'd like to see Ramsay dropped, he's been anonymous for a few games now. McGinn might give us some extra bite in midfield which might help Kamara too.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2023, 02:44:56 PM »
Apparently Partey is out of tonight's game so let's hope he doesn't recover in time for Saturday.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2023, 04:35:27 PM »
Please no Leon Bailey starting!
Fingers X

Not sure Bailey will know what a cross is.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 04:37:01 PM by Border villan »

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2023, 08:22:05 PM »
We’re going to get tonked I suspect.

Online garyellis

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2023, 09:15:20 PM »
There for the taking on Saturday

Offline Skerra

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2023, 09:16:46 PM »
Looks like Arsenal will definitely need all 3 points on Saturday. Will we oblige..you’re darn sure we will.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2023, 09:18:29 PM »
There for the taking on Saturday

Or they'll want to bounce back ala Partridge.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2023, 09:51:44 PM »
1-0 Villa, no particular reason, than Id rather feel optimistic on a Wednesday night that pessimistic/realistic. Watkins to carry on his scoring run.

Martinez
Cash
Konsa
Mings
Morena

Kamara
Luiz

McGinn
Beundia

Duran
Watkins

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2023, 10:54:38 PM »
It would be nice if we actually got within 5 yards of one of their players unlike much of the same fixture last season.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2023, 11:07:28 PM »
Arsenal, 1 point from possible 9. Who would you want to play when you’re on a bad run like this?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal