collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread  (Read 27351 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread
« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2023, 07:05:47 PM »
What's also pissing me off, and I know this is a Twitter thing, is that some of our supporters believe it's all going to happen automatically and anyone who isn't a True Believer is one of the reasons why we've got the worst fanbase in the world.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2023, 07:10:04 PM »
Same under Lerner. We spent years signing the likes of Zat Knight and Marlon Harewood and then Man City's new owners came along and the landscape changed. We move too slow and always put off something we could do today until tomorrow on the premise of ''who's better that will realistically come'' and the like. Until we make things happen instead of making excuses for why they can't we aren't going to progress in to the dizzy heights of .... the top half of the table. We wait so long the players get pissed off and move on and we then spend our time replacing (badly) our better players instead of improving the team.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2023, 07:27:59 PM »
I know it’s mainly because I’ve got a shit day at work tomorrow - but i do get fucked off of this nearly man bollocks. 

See spurs - who have won fuck all for 30 odd years like us - but somehow they can keep one of the best strikers in the world who has just scored his 200th PL goal for them

But we have to put up with all our best players fucking off at their earliest opportunity.  We now have one of the best managers in the world - but he has to spend is first transfer window flogging off all the mistake from the previous few transfer windows. 

Literally villa are the definition of being on the loo when opportunity comes knocking

We’ve had Emery, a really top drawer manager for 8 league games, of which he has a W5 D1 L2 record. Maybe we should just get over yesterday, see it for what it was, a bad defensive day at the office and have some patience. Theres no point referencing Newcastle as a comparator, they made a good managerial appointment in Howe, we made what turned out to be an appalling one in Gerard. Whether it feels like we’ve been here before or not, Emery simply needs time and our patience.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2023, 07:30:36 PM »
What's also pissing me off, and I know this is a Twitter thing, is that some of our supporters believe it's all going to happen automatically and anyone who isn't a True Believer is one of the reasons why we've got the worst fanbase in the world.
100% - all this you’ve got to trust the process bollocks.  I get we have got to give Unai time and happy with that.  But it’s all these people pretending to sagely rub their chins and say it’s all part of the process.  Most said exactly the same with Gerrard while the rest of us could see straight through the whole empires new clothes routine

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2023, 07:31:43 PM »
Yeah this is my ongoing concern - yesterday on top of such a conservative window really makes me feel well never get beyond the if only.  Newcastle have achieved our aims in 12 months and 3 years on we’re still no further forward

Yep. Look at us and look at Newcastle.  Makes me weep.
Errr!? Newcastle have not done anything yet. They are in a cup final same as us a couple of seasons ago, so what?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #290 on: February 05, 2023, 07:32:17 PM »
100% - all this you’ve got to trust the process bollocks.  I get we have got to give Unai time and happy with that.  But it’s all these people pretending to sagely rub their chins and say it’s all part of the process.  Most said exactly the same with Gerrard while the rest of us could see straight through the whole empires new clothes routine
So what do you want to happen now?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #291 on: February 05, 2023, 07:33:23 PM »

Yep, "trust the process" is the mantra of the new better-fan-than-you, as if weakening your team is some sort of super new tactic that nobody else has thought of before.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #292 on: February 05, 2023, 07:34:34 PM »
Lose the next two and Emery will have a similar record to Gerrard after 10 or so games. Nothing has changed just yet. We will improve if the manager is given better resources.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #293 on: February 05, 2023, 07:35:48 PM »

Yep, "trust the process" is the mantra of the new better-fan-than-you, as if weakening your team is some sort of super new tactic that nobody else has thought of before.
We sold Danny Ings, he who blows out of his arse after 60 mins, he’s now crocked, its hardly dismantling spine of the team stuff??

Offline Beard82

« Reply #294 on: February 05, 2023, 07:37:42 PM »
I know it’s mainly because I’ve got a shit day at work tomorrow - but i do get fucked off of this nearly man bollocks. 

See spurs - who have won fuck all for 30 odd years like us - but somehow they can keep one of the best strikers in the world who has just scored his 200th PL goal for them

But we have to put up with all our best players fucking off at their earliest opportunity.  We now have one of the best managers in the world - but he has to spend is first transfer window flogging off all the mistake from the previous few transfer windows. 

Literally villa are the definition of being on the loo when opportunity comes knocking

We’ve had Emery, a really top drawer manager for 8 league games, of which he has a W5 D1 L2 record. Maybe we should just get over yesterday, see it for what it was, a bad defensive day at the office and have some patience. Theres no point referencing Newcastle as a comparator, they made a good managerial appointment in Howe, we made what turned out to be an appalling one in Gerard. Whether it feels like we’ve been here before or not, Emery simply needs time and our patience.
You’re probably right - Unai is clearly a top manager - and yesterday was a case of us beating ourselves.  I’m not blaming anyone specifically - it’s just I am fed up with opportunities slipping.  Whether that is wasting our time with Gerrard, or signing Coutinho only for him to turn into peak Curcic, or selling our top goal scorer when where 3 points of 6th - I don’t dobut Unai - but i worry we’ll over think it and keep on building for the long term whilst never actually making progress

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #295 on: February 05, 2023, 07:38:41 PM »
Lose the next two and Emery will have a similar record to Gerrard after 10 or so games. Nothing has changed just yet. We will improve if the manager is given better resources.

Yeah but even then we'd still have a manager regarded as one of the best in the world, rather than one with loads of media mates and a pointless - and even then slightly meh - back story in a shit league nobody cares about.

Offline Beard82

« Reply #296 on: February 05, 2023, 07:41:12 PM »
So what do you want to happen now?
I want us to finish the season as strongly - top half ideally  - not sell Emi and fully back Unai with whatever he is trying to do.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #297 on: February 05, 2023, 07:43:29 PM »

We sold Danny Ings, he who blows out of his arse after 60 mins, he’s now crocked, its hardly dismantling spine of the team stuff??

Danny Ings our top scorer? Who came off the bench and won us 3 points against Brighton and 1 against Wolves? Danny Ings who played against Newcastle yesterday and who therefore very much isn't crocked?

Offline Beard82

« Reply #298 on: February 05, 2023, 07:44:24 PM »

Yeah but even then we'd still have a manager regarded as one of the best in the world, rather than one with loads of media mates and a pointless - and even then slightly meh - back story in a shit league nobody cares about.
Yes we will - but I think the point is we were told the same thing when SG was the a manger by the same people.  I don’t think anyone is suggesting that Unai isn’t good - just the fact that if anyone questions anything the response is trust the process.  Which is what the same people safe under SG

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #299 on: February 05, 2023, 07:55:51 PM »

Danny Ings our top scorer? Who came off the bench and won us 3 points against Brighton and 1 against Wolves? Danny Ings who played against Newcastle yesterday and who therefore very much isn't crocked?
Right, my mistake i thought he was still injured. However, point still stands, losing Danny Ings really isn’t going to make or break the season. Watkins is one goal behind in league goals, Bailey despite his infuriating inconsistencies is two goals behind him, the top scorer rhetoric that has been mentioned a lot on here this week, alludes to loads of goals being taken out of the team, which just isn’t the case and whilst i didn’t mind Ings, he didn’t add enough else to the team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal