collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread  (Read 27964 times)

Online Skerra

Re: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread
« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2023, 02:32:36 PM »
It’s time for a kill..get Duran Duran playing instead of Bailey

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #271 on: February 05, 2023, 02:42:15 PM »
It’s time for a kill..get Duran Duran playing instead of Bailey
Thought Bailey was very poor yesterday l

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #272 on: February 05, 2023, 02:52:42 PM »
Watkins had a great game, he did miss a simple goal scoring opportunity but so do the best.

A very strange game, the play wasn't bad but we are lacking quality in a number of areas.  Letting in 4 goals at home to Leicester City isn't acceptable and now we have the league Champions and league leaders up next. This was a fantastic opportunity to get into the top 10 and we threw it away.

I'm sorry but if the board/owners aren't going to invest properly in the team then it's pointless them talking up Europe and building new stands. 

I'm bloody sick of it.

On the bright side, it was a sell-out mate so you must have been happy about that.

Yes mate

It seemed like it was s semi-final or a close rivalry to the Leicester fans. Bizzare

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #273 on: February 05, 2023, 02:59:37 PM »
Watkins had a great game, he did miss a simple goal scoring opportunity but so do the best.

A very strange game, the play wasn't bad but we are lacking quality in a number of areas.  Letting in 4 goals at home to Leicester City isn't acceptable and now we have the league Champions and league leaders up next. This was a fantastic opportunity to get into the top 10 and we threw it away.

I'm sorry but if the board/owners aren't going to invest properly in the team then it's pointless them talking up Europe and building new stands. 

I'm bloody sick of it.

Can't argue with a lot of that, and I'm pretty sick of it too. Chucking away cup runs, seeing the top 6 tantalisingly within reach and doing nothing to take a step forward.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #274 on: February 05, 2023, 03:05:36 PM »
Disappointed with yesterday hopefully we learn from it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2023, 03:41:37 PM »
With regards to kicking towards the Holte in the second half, you can hear the groans from the crowd when we win the toss and elect to play towards the Holte in the first half. I played football for a very long time and we always kicked towards our favourite end in the second half if we won the toss. Also, every team has a favourite end to kick towards in the second half and, I don’t see them throwing away that advantage when they win the toss. I’ve also watched Villa for many years so, maybe I’m a traditionalist and always like us attacking the Holte in the second half. It’s the same as that shit music the players come out too, it’s excruciating.

On average in the top league we win about 7-8 home games a season. Certainly been the case since even the MON years.

Since the kicking ends strategy has been adopted we've won three out of five games.

If kicking towards the Holte second half is constantly leading us to great league finishes I'd agree but it's not, we simply don't win enough home games over a season to justify it.

Looking at the games we have kicked towards the Holte in second this season we've only scored 3 goals in six games so this time I'd say the stats exceed tradition here.

Online Skerra

« Reply #276 on: February 05, 2023, 04:06:05 PM »
I can just imagine the Liverpool Kop clapping that their team has won the toss and deciding to kick towards the Kop in the first half.😂

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #277 on: February 05, 2023, 04:11:32 PM »
Only Bruce had us winning regularly at Villa Park. Deano not bad overall. Under MON we were more of a counter attacking team so when at home we generally had little idea when required to take the game to the opposition. It's early days, granted but it's a little concerning that Emery is also struggling to get us fully functioning at Villa Park.

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #278 on: February 05, 2023, 04:32:13 PM »

I'm bloody sick of it.

Can't argue with a lot of that, and I'm pretty sick of it too. Chucking away cup runs, seeing the top 6 tantalisingly within reach and doing nothing to take a step forward.

I feel exactly the same each time the league positions come up on TV.

Grrrr.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #279 on: February 05, 2023, 04:55:30 PM »
I’m one of Watkins biggest critics on here but he did ok against Leicester even his open goal miss was slightly deflected by their goalie and ended up arriving behind him
He’s never going to turn into Paolo Rossi but he scored one and made one yesterday and wasn’t the one who cost us the game he was the one who could’ve have won it for us. We will need better but no blame from me yesterday

Konsa and Mings are reasonable defenders but piss poor footballers especially Konsa who doesn’t really belong in the premier league
they were at fault yesterday a few times but nothing any different to any other game, they both need replacing for players more comfortable on the ball hopefully one will be Costa but we wait and see

so the above players are normally my go to scapegoats but not this time
The culprits yesterday are the two best players we have at the club
Martinez and Kamara I love them both but they cost us the match yesterday it’s as simple as that

on a positive  we played some good stuff yesterday and like others thought we were better than some of the games we have won under Emery
still don’t like the defensive conservative football when we go ahead though we’re just not good enough yet to play that way even though we’ve done it a couple of times with Emery
we’re better in the oppositions half than in our own half

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #280 on: February 05, 2023, 05:48:56 PM »
Is it just me or is it a case of being Villa fans we are always waiting for tomorrow.  Results , transfers  come what may it always seems a case of tomorrow will bring a brighter dawn
 .Where is the brighter dawn ?. Great manager now that's given but as a club are we ever going to trouble the top 4 ?

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #281 on: February 05, 2023, 06:05:31 PM »
Yeah this is my ongoing concern - yesterday on top of such a conservative window really makes me feel well never get beyond the if only.  Newcastle have achieved our aims in 12 months and 3 years on we’re still no further forward

Online Skerra

« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2023, 06:23:37 PM »
Beard, exactly my thoughts too. Mind you, we should be used to it by now that the next window is going to be the special one and, any new players we sign will either get injured in their first couple of games or will take months to bed in.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #283 on: February 05, 2023, 06:36:13 PM »
Yeah this is my ongoing concern - yesterday on top of such a conservative window really makes me feel well never get beyond the if only.  Newcastle have achieved our aims in 12 months and 3 years on we’re still no further forward

Yep. Look at us and look at Newcastle.  Makes me weep.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2023, 06:47:47 PM »
I know it’s mainly because I’ve got a shit day at work tomorrow - but i do get fucked off of this nearly man bollocks. 

See spurs - who have won fuck all for 30 odd years like us - but somehow they can keep one of the best strikers in the world who has just scored his 200th PL goal for them

But we have to put up with all our best players fucking off at their earliest opportunity.  We now have one of the best managers in the world - but he has to spend is first transfer window flogging off all the mistake from the previous few transfer windows. 

Literally villa are the definition of being on the loo when opportunity comes knocking

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal