collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window - The Verdict.  (Read 70186 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: January Transfer Window - The Verdict.
« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2023, 04:58:01 PM »
It would be wise to keep an eye on Sporting and Benfica players.

There is some quality at these clubs.

I also think the Wolves would have quite a few players who would not want Championship football. There are several midfielders and attacking players who many a club would take so would be most decent if they went down.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2023, 05:00:01 PM »
Most other Premier League fans think Big Emi is a twat, whereas we all love him. Similar story with Zaha I think.
Yes but do his team mates?

Why wouldn't they?
Because he is a twat.

I assume Paul doesn't like him because he's a mouthy little scrote on the pitch who always does well and scores against us.

Pretty sure his teammates wouldn't really have much of a problem with him doing that.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2023, 05:02:39 PM »
Most other Premier League fans think Big Emi is a twat, whereas we all love him. Similar story with Zaha I think.

Why wouldn't they?
Because he is a twat.

I assume Paul doesn't like him because he's a mouthy little scrote on the pitch who always does well and scores against us.

Pretty sure his teammates wouldn't really have much of a problem with him doing that.
Zaha would probably want to try the Champions League and deserves that opportunity. I don't think him coming here is the right fit.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #738 on: March 20, 2023, 05:15:12 PM »

Why wouldn't they?
Because he is a twat.

Pretty much, I know diving and buying fouls is part of the game but Zaha takes it to a level that I just can't accept, and does it with an expression that makes me want to punch him, repeatedly, the teary-eyed woe-is-me twat.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2023, 05:33:56 PM »
The results are in from Mexico. Wilfred Zaha: si, por favor!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #740 on: March 20, 2023, 05:35:00 PM »
Zaha is their Jack Grealish. Too good for the side he’s at right now but he’s the one things stopping them going down faster than they might. He’s clearly a cut above the other Palace players as Jack was with us when he left. I’d happily take a proven PL footballer who’s attitude for the team he plays for is always spot on. He’s proper quality and gives it his all.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #741 on: March 20, 2023, 05:36:00 PM »

Emery would absolutely bloody love you!

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #742 on: March 20, 2023, 05:40:29 PM »

Emery would absolutely bloody love you!

No chance. As a proud Basque, he spits upon my petty Castillan!

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #743 on: March 20, 2023, 06:01:21 PM »
No to Zaha for me. He's Palace's best player and will be looking for an increase based on what he's already done in the game. Not what he can do with us. At that age and with what we'd need to cough up, we should be looking at a better long term fit.

Williams looks like an obvious one to revisit this summer.

I still like the look of Donyell Malen to play the Bailey wide forward role. He had a one in two record at PSV, which is ridiculous for a wide forward.  One or two injury problems at Dortmund since joining in 2021 but that looks to be behind him now. Still only 24 n'all.

Alex Scott (the Bristol City player, not the BBC hottie) has been compared to Grealish by some. Not sure that's a good thing.  Probably fits the profile of the sort of promising player we were targetting under Smith, mind. Emery may expect players far closer to the finished product.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 06:05:47 PM by KevinGage »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #744 on: March 20, 2023, 06:28:26 PM »
We should have bought Zaha with the Grealish money. Like for like almost as good replacement. No fucking about with ‘the aggregate’ being replaced by three players.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #745 on: March 20, 2023, 06:33:07 PM »
Zaha is great, excellent player and master of shithousing. The way he got in Tyrone's head that one game was a perfect example. Fans of other clubs hate him in the same way they do with Emi and did with Grealish when we had him. That said, his age, wages and can he perform for anyone other than Palace, mean i'd pass.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #746 on: March 20, 2023, 08:36:22 PM »
Wages would be high but he's on a free.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #747 on: March 20, 2023, 11:13:04 PM »
Zaha's no spring chicken and would want silly wages, but I can't help thinking we'd absolutely spank loads of teams with him in the side. Sheer quality and end product.

Never liked him. I get the feeling he'd be a Collymore type signing on paper. Would come in on stupid wages, constantly demand the ball and make it all about him and upset the dressing room dynamic which seems pretty good currently.

Depends what profile we go for in final third. If it's an up and coming player who's proving himself at top level then Brennan Johnson ticks plenty of boxes for me. 7-8 goals in premier league for Forest and he has pace and can finish so I think he'll improve further and will eventually be hitting 10-15 goals a season.

Or we go for someone more experienced let go by CL team and I think Pulisic would suit us down to the ground with how he drifts off forward line and from out wide. Only issue is he has had plenty of injuries in last two years. Chelsea will surely sell him in the summer as he's been there four years now and the endless attacking signings they've made.

If West Ham go down then Bowen would become an option aswell.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #748 on: March 21, 2023, 09:02:21 AM »
There might be some other plunderings available from Palace - Eze, Olise?  I know we maybe should have signed them in the first place.  Bowen would be an excellent shout too.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #749 on: March 21, 2023, 09:29:26 AM »
Or we go for someone more experienced let go by CL team and I think Pulisic would suit us down to the ground with how he drifts off forward line and from out wide. Only issue is he has had plenty of injuries in last two years. Chelsea will surely sell him in the summer as he's been there four years now and the endless attacking signings they've made.
It might just be my perception but Pulisic has always struck me as a player who goes missing an awful lot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal