collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window - The Verdict.  (Read 70209 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: January Transfer Window - The Verdict.
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2023, 05:20:06 PM »
Why would Villareal exclude Emery from any possible transfers? They've sold Danjuma anyway, why would they be bothered if it was to us, Everton or Spurs. Absolute nonsense.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2023, 05:23:29 PM »
Quite.

Not sure there's a release clause for a manager that says "pay £5m and you can have him, but oh, you can't sign any of our players".

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2023, 05:24:14 PM »
Why would Villareal exclude Emery from any possible transfers? They've sold Danjuma anyway, why would they be bothered if it was to us, Everton or Spurs. Absolute nonsense.

Plus, given he's on loan and they hope he rips the league so they can sell him for big money you'd think letting Emery continue to do good things with him would be preferable than giving him to Lampard to ruin.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2023, 05:27:10 PM »

Quite.

Not sure there's a release clause for a manager that says "pay £5m and you can have him, but oh, you can't sign any of our players".

There are actually agreements that are made actually and find sometimes that occurs. Makes sense to me don't have to be so dismissive if you don't agree it happened but it can happen and does happen with managers and clubs actually whereby a period of time before you can raid the old club. Goodwill gestures and or financial clauses etc

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2023, 05:31:28 PM »
I suppose it might happen if he'd been approached and he then forced a move to a team in the same league but that didn't happen and we paid what they asked for.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2023, 05:31:41 PM »

Quite.

There are actually agreements that are made actually and find sometimes that occurs. Makes sense to me don't have to be so dismissive if you don't agree it happened but it can happen and does happen with managers and clubs actually whereby a period of time before you can raid the old club. Goodwill gestures and or financial clauses etc
Jesus.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2023, 05:34:56 PM »

Have you got any concrete examples of this? It makes no sense whatsoever from either a sporting or a legal perspective.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2023, 05:41:50 PM »
I reckon footyvill is a 4chan kinda person

Offline wince

« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2023, 05:46:27 PM »
Following football is a hobby. I'm happy to be optimistic about the future and enjoy the ride. That probably makes me a fool but there's no point being stressed out or miserable about something I have zero control of

This. If people think they are being fooled, then that's up to them.

It's borderline psychotic the level of paranoia about the club 'tricking people & feeding propaganda etc'

I'd love villa to be massively successful, if they fuck it up I'll still love them either way.

My foolish view is that Emery (and he has said this publicly) couldn't get the targets he wanted for a price that wouldn't have negatively impacted his other signings and will wait till summer. We have a world class coach who I believe will improve the players we have, and he is the reason we will be attractive in the summer. Just my opinion, but I'm pretty shocked and at the levels of hysteria on here. Let's see how it pans out before throwing ourselves to floor wailing

I find the forelock tugging and bowing down even more strange if I'm honest, but each to their own. There also doesn't seem to be any hysteria, just disappointment that we haven't strengthened. So as well as deep seated obsequiousness I'd also suspect a general lack of ability to understand what's been written.

Politely calling me stupid isn't the best way to make a sensible argument. Suspect you feel targeted, which is understandable. Also, just to clarify that you're talking about Aston Villa, a football team, and not North Korea?

Also it's ok just to have differing opinions, but I do find that the last week the very same overstated 'disappointed' posters keep making the same negative comments over and over again, and it's pretty draining.
Agree with this. Come on fellas, we still have half a season and I don’t give a fuck about other teams business. Let’s get our heads out of the oven and smash the crisp munchers!

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2023, 05:46:37 PM »
In fairness, Emery did say soon after taking over that he wouldn't be targeting Villareal players.

Whether that was an informal agreement with the owner as part of the club letting him go or a written condition I've no idea.

If a player has a release clause it wouldn't matter anyway.  In Spain that means you deal straight with the Spanish FA/ La Liga rather than the club itself.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2023, 05:46:37 PM »
I'm sure I've heard of clauses that work just as Footy describes, at least for the first window.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2023, 05:49:32 PM »
I'm sure I've heard of clauses that work just as Footy describes, at least for the first window.

Same. Although no examples are immediately springing to mind.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2023, 05:55:28 PM »

Exactly, the poor fella gets his head bitten off at every opportunity.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2023, 05:56:03 PM »
If you look at the succession of blowhards, chancers and grifters we've had as managers at various stages over the last 20 years or so and there's not many (any) who go straight back to their former club to raid players.

And that's despite the whole 'manager prefers players he's worked with before' football truism.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2023, 06:24:08 PM »
My take on the window is the same as when I was a kid on Xmas morning.. Hoping to open my presents and find an electric hornby train set but finding I had a wind up clock work train set. Lovely accessories just the same but the loco's and experience just weren't what I hoped for. Still I suppose my parents would have said be a good lad and santa might bring  you what you wanted next Xmas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal