collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Southampton 0 Aston Villa 1 Post Match Celebrations  (Read 18706 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Southampton 0 Aston Villa 1 Post Match Celebrations
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2023, 06:22:43 PM »
We're in a good run, but time off is often a killer for us. Really hope we don't lose the momentum having to wait a fortnight for the next game. The plus side is the recovery time, but it happened under Smith and under Gerrard where we'd pick up a couple of results, break off for international games or whatever and come back flat footed.

Hopefully, Unai will ensure we're on the ball and keep the levels up.

Getting McGinn and Digne back fit hopefully, maybe even Carlos back in the squad. Moreno a bit more settled after a few nights out at the Belfry. I think we have a lot to gain over the couple of weeks off. Another signing or two would help obviously. We seem to be staking a lot on Guendouzi.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2023, 11:01:20 PM »
We're in a good run, but time off is often a killer for us. Really hope we don't lose the momentum having to wait a fortnight for the next game. The plus side is the recovery time, but it happened under Smith and under Gerrard where we'd pick up a couple of results, break off for international games or whatever and come back flat footed.

Hopefully, Unai will ensure we're on the ball and keep the levels up.

6 weeks off for the world cup hasn’t killed us.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2023, 11:29:18 AM »
I don't know if I just haven't found the appropriate thread on here, but no-one seems to have commented or picked up on Villa being charged by the FA for failure to control our players during the Southampton game (ie during the Ward-Prowse disallowed goal machinations).

It all looks a bit dubious to me, given the sort of behaviour that is allowed to go on in games these day.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2023, 11:57:22 PM »
As a sign of how biased the Beeb are (and not just when they organise loans for Bozo) try watching the highlights of the game on MoTD then study the stats immediately afterwards.

I was quite shocked to see how dominant we had been in all categories for almost the whole match. Watching the highlights, I almost felt sorry for 'unlucky' Southampton!!

Oh yes, and the two penalty appeals disappeared down the memory hole, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal