collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa songs  (Read 20441 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Villa songs
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2023, 06:18:39 PM »
As much as I don't like them the best build up songs and entrance has to be Everton. 

Z Cars, Welcome to the Factory of Sadness?

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2023, 06:28:40 PM »
Stop flashing the lights and play TFAUSM just before/as the teams come out, that’s it, really not that difficult.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2023, 06:31:47 PM »
As much as I don't like them the best build up songs and entrance has to be Everton. 

That Grand old Team shite has to be the most grating football song out there

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2023, 06:34:23 PM »
Stop flashing the lights and play TFAUSM just before/as the teams come out, that’s it, really not that difficult.

No.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2023, 06:41:32 PM »
I dont like that new thing they do flashing the lights when it comes on. And that shit that sounds like an Old Spice advert.

We were actually one of the last clubs to do this light show stuff pre kick off. Likes of Chelsea/Man.City/Wolves been doing it for years.

Just what generation z demand so they can film it and put it on their content creating blogs/insta.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2023, 06:46:59 PM »
I'm not a fan either and was surprised they brought it back. Not my thing at all.

Has it ever gone away? Been played pretty consistently either pre or post match since late 90s so omnipresent compared to flash in the pans like DLBIA and Sweet Caroline which were the victory songs for about a year.

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2023, 07:56:16 PM »
I'm just not keen on "Hi, ho silver lining" ....and neither, apparently, was Jeff Beck.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2023, 01:37:33 AM »
No, he wasn't.

He reckons that his manager Mickie Most (great name!) called him into his office and told him he had a song for his new single. Jeff was pleased until Most said he would have to sing lead vocals on it.

Unlike a lot of folks, Jeff didn't like the sound of his own voice.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2023, 01:47:24 AM »
It's a real shame we don't have an anthem, most other teams do. HEITS is as close as we get to being uniquely ours these days.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2023, 10:31:23 AM »
It's a real shame we don't have an anthem, most other teams do. HEITS is as close as we get to being uniquely ours these days.

I don’t think it’s true to say ‘most’ other teams do. A few do and it’s definitely nice to have one. HEITS as it is sung is easily as long as ManCity’s Blue Moon and is uniquely ours. It’d be great to have something longer but we are ahead of a lot of teams with that.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2023, 10:52:43 AM »

No.

Me neither. I don't get why it's liked at all other than for nostalgic reasons.  It's simply not very good and reminds me of the rubbishy things that were around back in the 70's but not in a nostalgic way...  Songs of Praise being one which reminded me that there was school in the morning.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2023, 12:15:58 PM »
I love the new flashing lights and I love Crazy Train belted out.

I'm nearly 42.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2023, 04:37:18 PM »

The bells are ringing used to fit the bill....

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2023, 05:37:45 PM »

It's a bit music hall isn't it. Is it a relatively new thing with Everton. Spurs were singing it back in 67 and the original and only version that doesn't make my ears bleed is the Celtic version but then they've been singing it since the 1920s.

Worst ever has to be 'When the Spurs go marching on'. Even Wipe That Snot.. sounds okay compared to the new Spurs anthem.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2023, 06:48:53 PM »

It's a bit music hall isn't it. Is it a relatively new thing with Everton. Spurs were singing it back in 67 and the original and only version that doesn't make my ears bleed is the Celtic version but then they've been singing it since the 1920s.

Worst ever has to be 'When the Spurs go marching on'. Even Wipe That Snot.. sounds okay compared to the new Spurs anthem.

Luckily when we were there 2 weeks ago they didn't make a peep during the game so we weren't forced to endure that drivel. Admittedly it was a poor first half but the place was a morgue, both home and away fans bored shitless.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal