collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 391405 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #2280 on: January 24, 2023, 06:47:35 PM »
If we are now in the market for tier 45m players, I don't understand why we haven't joined the bidding war (rumoured to be around 35m) for Anthony Gordon.
I can hazard a good guess as to why we haven't joined this particular bidding war. He's dog shit.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2281 on: January 24, 2023, 06:56:37 PM »
Really? every time I’ve seen him he looks an absolute handful. Not £45m quality but I suspect that his age/potential/happens to be English.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2282 on: January 24, 2023, 07:11:08 PM »
If we are now in the market for tier 45m players, I don't understand why we haven't joined the bidding war (rumoured to be around 35m) for Anthony Gordon. (Unless we;re keeping it under the radar?) Fast, skillful, tracks back, wins free kicks, shithousery, not afraid to have a ruck. It would be like signing Ashley Young in 2006

Isn't it because he looks a bit toss?

The new Dwight McNeil I reckon.

His hair looks like one of Viz's Fat Slags

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2283 on: January 24, 2023, 07:20:28 PM »
If we are now in the market for tier 45m players, I don't understand why we haven't joined the bidding war (rumoured to be around 35m) for Anthony Gordon. (Unless we;re keeping it under the radar?) Fast, skillful, tracks back, wins free kicks, shithousery, not afraid to have a ruck. It would be like signing Ashley Young in 2006

**applause**

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2284 on: January 24, 2023, 07:35:11 PM »

Hahaha, I can't unsee that now

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2285 on: January 24, 2023, 07:41:41 PM »
That the 4-4-2 formation is working so well at the moment is a bit amazing really. Buendia isn't a winger, nor is Ramsey/McGinn and Bailey isn't a striker. Does anybody know what Emery likes to play when he's got a settled team of his own to work with?

I don't think it's working that well with the ball to be honest. It was great first day out v Man United when we over ran them in the middle. Spurs away too, once we opened up in the second half it was too much for them. But when our CBs are pressed hard we are in trouble getting the ball through the lines. I think Wolves and Leeds showed how we can be exposed. Stick 3 v 2 in midfield to neutralise our strongest players (Kamara/Luiz) and press our CBs hard. Both games it took until half time to switch Buendia into the middle. We won't get away with Moreno/Buendia defensively against better teams. Ramsey isn't in great form either. McGinn is a loss and I think will replace Buendia v Leicester.

I'm not sure why Emery won't switch to 4231 permanently but I think he wants to leave Bailey high up the pitch. To be fair it worked v Leeds early on.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #2286 on: January 24, 2023, 07:48:31 PM »
That the 4-4-2 formation is working so well at the moment is a bit amazing really. Buendia isn't a winger, nor is Ramsey/McGinn and Bailey isn't a striker. Does anybody know what Emery likes to play when he's got a settled team of his own to work with?

I don't think it's working that well with the ball to be honest. It was great first day out v Man United when we over ran them in the middle. Spurs away too, once we opened up in the second half it was too much for them. But when our CBs are pressed hard we are in trouble getting the ball through the lines. I think Wolves and Leeds showed how we can be exposed. Stick 3 v 2 in midfield to neutralise our strongest players (Kamara/Luiz) and press our CBs hard. Both games it took until half time to switch Buendia into the middle. We won't get away with Moreno/Buendia defensively against better teams. Ramsey isn't in great form either. McGinn is a loss and I think will replace Buendia v Leicester.

I'm not sure why Emery won't switch to 4231 permanently but I think he wants to leave Bailey high up the pitch. To be fair it worked v Leeds early on.

We had 575 passes at Southampton, came away with a clean sheet and all three points. You are way too down on our progress compared to just a few months ago. We have a manger that is willing to change and adapt his style in order to put the best team out to get results.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2287 on: January 24, 2023, 07:56:44 PM »
Based on how we conduct our business, I doubt we've bid £45m for Williams without first getting some sort of understanding that he'd actually come to us.

The Smith-Rowe and Ward-Prowae 'bids' didn't follow that pattern, and perhaps we weren't really interested but put in a bid anyway to show willing. You just never know.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2288 on: January 24, 2023, 08:17:34 PM »

https://ibb.co/sPv4vS9

That’s why.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2289 on: January 24, 2023, 08:30:02 PM »

We had 575 passes at Southampton, came away with a clean sheet and all three points. You are way too down on our progress compared to just a few months ago. We have a manger that is willing to change and adapt his style in order to put the best team out to get results.

Despite 575 passes, Martinez still had to make an unbelievable save to keep the game scoreless at a crucial time and our winner came from a set piece. I can't recall another clear cut chance in the second half despite owning the ball. I really admire the defensive resilience Emery has implemented but with the ball I have increasing concerns about the 442 setup.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2290 on: January 24, 2023, 08:31:47 PM »

That’s why.
or because Gordon is shit

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2291 on: January 24, 2023, 08:32:59 PM »

That’s why.

I know I’m getting old and not in with the kids but fuckin hell

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #2292 on: January 24, 2023, 08:34:43 PM »

Despite 575 passes, Martinez still had to make an unbelievable save to keep the game scoreless at a crucial time and our winner came from a set piece. I can't recall another clear cut chance in the second half despite owning the ball. I really admire the defensive resilience Emery has implemented but with the ball I have increasing concerns about the 442 setup.

I think you're talking absolute nonsense. If we had better attackers, things would probably be more comfortable. IMO the set up is good but we've got bailey/watkins/buendia who I think all need improving on. Set up isn't the issue, we need more quality.

Also can't believe you'd be questioning the set up given the results after 3 months in the job, and the rabble we were when he took over

Moon a stick you want

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2293 on: January 24, 2023, 08:36:05 PM »

My wife accuses me of being a miserable git. There's no point in me responding with, "not by brontebilly standards" because she obviously wouldn't know what that means, but I think it.

That's not in any way a dig, by the way. I wouldn't want it any different. You remind me of my older brother, who in turn reminds me of Roy Keane if he didn't like football.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #2294 on: January 24, 2023, 08:39:48 PM »

‘San’ to be precise!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal