collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Oscar O'Rafferty  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
Oscar O'Rafferty
« on: October 22, 2022, 02:04:06 AM »
Wasn't much of a football fan, but he was delighted on the day of the play-off final because I gave him more treats than he should've had in a month. And passed less than 12 hours before Gerrard was sacked, so maybe gave us some luck!

Sleep well, little man.

We love you
xx

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
Re: Oscar O'Rafferty
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 07:52:25 AM »
That's sad to hear mate.

I'm sorry for your loss. Hope the Villa cheer you up tomorrow.

Online Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 08:39:43 AM »
HATRB-Holtender At The Rainbow Bridge. Condolences for your loss Rory, I am sure you gave Oscar a wonderful life.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 09:12:49 AM »
Sorry for your loss Rory, mate.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 09:28:00 AM »
Always a hard time Rory, condolences.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 11:47:16 AM »
We lost our dog also called Oscar just last month, he helped me get through the Play Off Final and numerous late night/ early morning Villa games.. It’s bloody hard I know.

Condolences mate.

Offline Rory

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 11:01:25 PM »
Thanks everyone - and sorry for your loss as well, OzVilla.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2022, 12:19:01 AM »
Ah mate, shit news. Always a horrible time when they go.

Offline Rory

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2022, 12:42:26 AM »

Thanks Martin. This was my first time as a grown-up big boy, putting down a pet that I adopted, and was responsible for. I've had pets die but not for a number of years and my parents always sorted it.

The decision was easy, because it was best for him (he had lymphoma and tumours in his liver, lungs and brain) but he hadn't yet started to suffer outwardly. It was irreversible, but I underestimated the sense of betrayal and guilt that I would feel afterwards.

Seeing him slumped lifeless on the table and knowing we didn't bring him home (we rent, so burying him in the garden wasn't an option); taking the cat carrier that we bought for him back to the car, empty and weightless, will haunt me until the day I die, I reckon.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022, 08:28:04 AM »
You gave him a good life mate, and I tell myself that we owe it to them to do the right thing when the time comes. We've had to do it a couple of times now with with dogs, and it's heartbreaking like you say, and leaves a big hole in your life.

Offline Rory

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2022, 10:17:28 PM »
You gave him a good life mate, and I tell myself that we owe it to them to do the right thing when the time comes. We've had to do it a couple of times now with with dogs, and it's heartbreaking like you say, and leaves a big hole in your life.

Thanks mate. You're right about that.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2022, 11:52:47 PM »

Thanks Martin. This was my first time as a grown-up big boy, putting down a pet that I adopted, and was responsible for. I've had pets die but not for a number of years and my parents always sorted it.

The decision was easy, because it was best for him (he had lymphoma and tumours in his liver, lungs and brain) but he hadn't yet started to suffer outwardly. It was irreversible, but I underestimated the sense of betrayal and guilt that I would feel afterwards.

Seeing him slumped lifeless on the table and knowing we didn't bring him home (we rent, so burying him in the garden wasn't an option); taking the cat carrier that we bought for him back to the car, empty and weightless, will haunt me until the day I die, I reckon.

I had to do the same around Easter last year, I'm still upset about it.  However, all the alternatives were worse.  I guess you were in a similar situation.

RIP Mog, you were ace.

Offline Rory

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2022, 10:03:31 AM »

I had to do the same around Easter last year, I'm still upset about it.  However, all the alternatives were worse.  I guess you were in a similar situation.

RIP Mog, you were ace.

Condolences, mate.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 07:23:35 AM »
Rory, What a gorgeous cat.
Sorry to hear that mate.
My cat of 21 years passed away in Sept last year.  I was given two black kittens from the SPCA for Xmas last year. I still miss my old cat, but having kittens has helped.   

Offline Rory

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2022, 09:40:01 AM »
Rory, What a gorgeous cat.
Sorry to hear that mate.
My cat of 21 years passed away in Sept last year.  I was given two black kittens from the SPCA for Xmas last year. I still miss my old cat, but having kittens has helped.

Wow, 21?!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal