collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Danks and MacPhee  (Read 19014 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Danks and MacPhee
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2022, 06:43:07 PM »
Just wondering why people are so sad (on Twitter) that Cutler has gone? Is he that good? What’s he done? Just curious.

He's very well regarded and respected by other GK coaches.

I've no doubt he's well respected and comes across as being a genuine guy.  However, I'm all for Emery doing what he needs to do to push us up the table.

Given the way Martinez has regressed over the last year, it doesn’t fill you with confidence that Cutler has been doing his job properly

And surely the first job of your stand in goalie is to be ready if called upon? Olsen has been absolute gash, like a rabbit in the headlights.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2022, 06:51:22 PM »
Just wondering why people are so sad (on Twitter) that Cutler has gone? Is he that good? What’s he done? Just curious.

I've no doubt he's well respected and comes across as being a genuine guy.  However, I'm all for Emery doing what he needs to do to push us up the table.

Given the way Martinez has regressed over the last year, it doesn’t fill you with confidence that Cutler has been doing his job properly

And surely the first job of your stand in goalie is to be ready if called upon? Olsen has been absolute gash, like a rabbit in the headlights.

Exactly.  Standards have been allowed to drop on the latter stages of Smiths reign and throughout Gerrards reign (of terror).  If a new broom means removing a couple of bookends then so be it

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2022, 08:30:26 PM »
I reckon McPhee is just a hard fucker and everyone is too scared to sack him. He’ll be around till the end of days, still letting Dougie take free kicks.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2022, 08:35:02 PM »
It appears that Cutler only coaches Martinez.

Olsen doesn't look like any sort of goalkeeper. He's toss from what I've seen so far.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2022, 11:11:38 PM »

I think that's because he's shit.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2022, 11:35:57 PM »
Sweden must be fucked if we have their starting GK and starting LB. Because our stand in LB isn’t exactly making Digne sweat. And I doubt if fit he’s beating out Ash.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2022, 12:00:56 AM »
The Swedes have a saying that everything doesn’t need to be done today, there is tomorrow.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2022, 01:07:33 AM »
Really? Never would have thought them as lazy (or all 8m(?) of them anyway).

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2022, 03:45:52 AM »
The Swedes have a saying that everything doesn’t need to be done today, there is tomorrow.

Er, no. The saying is 'don't postpone until tomorrow what can be done today' (Skjut inte upp till morgondagen det du kan göra idag).

And, yes, having Robin as the national goalkeeper tells you much about the state of the national team.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2022, 09:14:11 AM »
I reckon McPhee is just a hard fucker and everyone is too scared to sack him. He’ll be around till the end of days, still letting Dougie take free kicks.

If he is hard , he must be the least hard person I’ve seen since Charles Hawtrey 😂

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2022, 10:31:23 AM »

Er, no. The saying is 'don't postpone until tomorrow what can be done today' (Skjut inte upp till morgondagen det du kan göra idag).

And, yes, having Robin as the national goalkeeper tells you much about the state of the national team.

And there was me beginning to like them!

Offline olaftab

« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2022, 11:43:04 AM »

Sorry mate but from working there for 4 years that was often said. Leaving work early to go and sail the dinghy  was much more important.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2022, 12:21:52 PM »

Sorry mate but from working there for 4 years that was often said. Leaving work early to go and sail the dinghy  was much more important.

I think by virtue of being Swedish I can claim the authority on this one.

You might have it mixed up with "det finns alltid imorgon" (there's always tomorrow) which is something you might say when you have failed and 'you go again'.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2022, 01:27:47 PM »
Grabs popcorn and takes a seat as an English bloke who has worked in Sweden battles the language against an actual Swede who speaks the language.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2022, 01:42:04 PM »

I think by virtue of being Swedish I can claim the authority on this one.

You might have it mixed up with "det finns alltid imorgon" (there's always tomorrow) which is something you might say when you have failed and 'you go again'.
May be so. I have no wish to argue against the historic culture and defer to you as you are supreme there, however I am absolutely certain about the workplace culture at Volvo, Torslanda PV offices in the 21st century.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal