collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 0-2 Chelsea post match thread  (Read 19474 times)

Offline clash city rocker

Re: Aston Villa 0-2 Chelsea post match thread
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2022, 04:01:32 PM »
No system.
No style.
No substance.

And no fuckin result

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2022, 04:01:50 PM »
Poor Ollie, absolutely everything he tried was disastrous today. Feel for the bloke.

We need to change our manager.

I like Ollie, but we needed a mobile forward signed in the summer who could either play directly up top or in one of the wide positions for situations like these.

He's in a horrid run of form and shouldn't be starting.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2022, 04:03:04 PM »
Despite losing via two goals which weren't just presented to the opposition but positively fucking gift-wrapped, the way we gave up after the second was inexcusable. Gerrard can't stop Mings and Emi looking like hung-over pub players, but he can be pro-active and change things up without waiting until the last 20 minutes. All the half-decent work in the first half for nowt. Oh, and Watkins is absolutely atrocious.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2022, 04:04:45 PM »
Potter made changes at half time because he had the ability to know that Chelsea were not playing well.  I honestly cannot recall a single decent effort on target in the second half, other than the shot straight at Kepa.  Chelsea were poor today and still won without getting out of first gear.  Villa are devoid of quality, pace, organisation or belief.  We can argue that we forced Chelsea into not playing well but the same up and down consistency is still there where we go 20 minutes of inertia.  Purslow has to be brave and go against the media swell that Gerrard is a darling.  Fuck him, he's taking us backwards and there is absolutely no doubts that we are in a relegation scrap.  Worse now than when he found us.

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2022, 04:04:57 PM »
It really pisses me off that the game finishes with a mood amongst Chelsea players, fans and commentators that this is another routine win. Reality is that they’ve got lucky.
Gerrard won’t get sacked on the strength of today. Nor should he.

You make your own luck. And if it's not going your way, you have to change things and not just hope for more of the same.

Ultimately Chelsea won at a canter as expected.
It really pisses me off that the game finishes with a mood amongst Chelsea players, fans and commentators that this is another routine win. Reality is that they’ve got lucky.

You make your own luck. And if it's not going your way, you have to change things and not just hope for more of the same.

Well that’s your opinion and is probably true over a season. Today Chelsea got lucky for both goals and were lucky at the back. That’s my opinion.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2022, 04:07:04 PM »
Good first half, should've gone in ahead. Fuck knows what the second half was.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2022, 04:07:37 PM »

Well that’s your opinion and is probably true over a season. Today Chelsea got lucky for both goals and were lucky at the back. That’s my opinion.

Chelsea didn’t get lucky. Two of our players made mistakes. That happens when people are low on confidence. Change is needed

Offline Clive W

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2022, 04:08:28 PM »
Where would we be in the table now if we had a competent (not world class) but just competent striker?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2022, 04:08:33 PM »
We played brilliantly in the first half and other than gifting them a goal I couldn’t fault it. You knew second half Potter would do something different and we would just plod on as we were.

He’s got to go, he’s not up to the task and he’s not improving us in anyway. If Smith had to go, so does Gerrard for the same reasons.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2022, 04:08:43 PM »
He isn’t going to turn things round so might as well get rid. The next bloke is going to need £200m to replace Mings, McGinn, Watkins and Ings though. Utter shit, all of them.

Offline ez

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2022, 04:09:23 PM »
No manager gets sacked on the strength of one game.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2022, 04:09:44 PM »
I just cannot fathom having owners this rich yet having to put ourselves through this. I mean, I'd have thought by now we'd at least be bemoaning not going above a European-place rival. Instead, we're a point above the bottom three because we're being managed by a jumped-up under-17s coach.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2022, 04:10:39 PM »
He isn’t going to turn things round so might as well get rid. The next bloke is going to need £200m to replace Mings, McGinn, Watkins and Ings though. Utter shit, all of them.

McGinn is completely anonymous most of the time. Ings has just been a really bad signing.

I'm torn on Ollie and Mings.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2022, 04:11:06 PM »
No manager gets sacked on the strength of one game.

The 27-28 games since 1 January 2022 should be enough to finish most managers

Offline villa for life

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2022, 04:11:36 PM »
Where would we be in the table now if we had a competent (not world class) but just competent striker?

We may well already have a few of them. It’s just that everyone looks shit under this manager.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal