collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by SoccerHQ
[Today at 12:05:31 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:02:31 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 27, 2024, 11:55:44 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by KevinGage
[April 27, 2024, 11:52:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[April 27, 2024, 11:48:51 PM]

Robin Olsen by Aldridge Villa
[April 27, 2024, 11:40:20 PM]

Champions League Contention by curiousorange
[April 27, 2024, 11:38:28 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[April 27, 2024, 11:32:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forest 1 v Aston Villa 1 Post Match Dirge Thread.  (Read 14280 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Forest 1 v Aston Villa 1 Post Match Dirge Thread.
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2022, 09:37:21 AM »
EMI 6 not much to do.
Cash 4
Konsa 5
Mings 4 goal down to him
Young7 the only decent performance out there.
Mcginn 4
Luiz 5
Ramsey 5
Coutinho 4
Buendia 5
Watkins4
Ings 1 totally pointless

Cash 4? I thought he was our best player, the only person prepared to actually take a man on and beat him.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2022, 09:38:48 AM »
How completely and utterly depressing.  This is all on Purslow and his star boy, and something has to give soon.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2022, 09:42:30 AM »
EMI 6 not much to do.
Cash 4
Konsa 5
Mings 4 goal down to him
Mcginn 4
Luiz 5
Ramsey 5
Coutinho 4
Buendia 5
Watkins4
Ings 1 totally pointless

Cash 4? I thought he was our best player, the only person prepared to actually take a man on and beat him.

4 might be a bit harsh, but his final ball was really poor last night and has been for some time.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2022, 09:43:42 AM »
EMI 6 not much to do.
Cash 4
Konsa 5
Mings 4 goal down to him
Mcginn 4
Luiz 5
Ramsey 5
Coutinho 4
Buendia 5
Watkins4
Ings 1 totally pointless

4 might be a bit harsh, but his final ball was really poor last night and has been for some time.
since and including the last game of the season when he was abysmal.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2022, 09:56:07 AM »
Having three strikers on at the end smacked of desperation, who is supposed to feed the three? I can't help but believe Gerrard just ran out of ideas. Buying Dendonker and Bednorack should have prepared us for what was to come. I still believe we have a squad that is has more talent than most but are stuck with another manager who just can't perform.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2022, 10:03:56 AM »
EMI 6 not much to do.
Cash 4
Konsa 5
Mings 4 goal down to him
Mcginn 4
Luiz 5
Ramsey 5
Coutinho 4
Buendia 5
Watkins4
Ings 1 totally pointless

You beat me to it. And the main reason is he just doesn't look up when he gets into a decent position from which to cross the ball. He just keeps firing the ball across with no accuracy or even a hint of picking a player out. We are relying on failed wingers to supply our strikers and it just ain't happening. I could of set up a team to stifle Villa last night. Once the teams were announced it was clear we had no width and would rely on full backs to supply the final ball. All they had to do was pack the central areas of the defence to nullify Buendia and Coutinho. There was just no room for them to do anything. The only real chance for both was a free kick ina decent position. Both had a go. Both hit the ball straight into the wall. Maybe we should try bringing in a set piece coach to give us some innovative ideas instead of just whacking it into the wall or floating it aimlessly into a bunch of great big defender's.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2022, 10:17:33 AM »
Three good chances second half:

Ramsey - instead of shooting, crossed, although that was good defending too from the Forest player.

McGinn - should have used his foot.

Archer - instead of heading toward goal knocked it back across the goal.

Bad decision making

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2022, 10:30:44 AM »

Ramsey - instead of shooting, crossed, although that was good defending too from the Forest player.

Bad decision making

That’s a bit harsh on Ramsey. He did the right thing and we would have scored had Watkins be more aware.

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2022, 10:41:45 AM »
Coach who still doesn't know his best team. Too stubborn and too late to make obvious changes. Key players shorn of confidence. Rinse & repeat.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »

Bad decision making

That’s a bit harsh on Ramsey. He did the right thing and we would have scored had Watkins be more aware.
I think it's down to a general lack of confidence which seems to have evaporated. Confidence of course comes from winning games which we are not doing. I guess we all know where this is going.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2022, 10:48:37 AM »

Bad decision making

Nah, he should have shot, if its the chance I'm thinking of. Watkins was in the right place to put it in but the ball never got to him.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2022, 10:56:51 AM »
Only 2 positives I can think of were Young's goal and Cam's cameo appearance, otherwise it was utter rubbish. Playing against a team, who have conceded 16 goals in their last 4 games, we looked clueless, painfully slow build ups, lost count of the aimless balls we put into their box and the lack of width, made it so much easier for Forest to defend.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2022, 11:10:56 AM »
There were moments in the 2nd half that summed things up for me -
(i) Watkins was given an 'out' ball with which he did well, breaking on the right side. When he got about 35 yards out, he looked for support in the middle of the park where there were acres of open space - no Villa player was anywhere near, and Watkins got crowded out;
(ii) A Villa attack on the left was made, quickly and with incision, until it reached McGinn who scooped up the ball toward the goal to no one in particular ... he had all the time in the world to take a touch and then shoot.

We looked unfit and the decision-making on the pitch looks terrible. There appears to be absolutely no understanding  between the players, no idea of what their roles are, no link-up play between defence and midfield, no link-up play between midfield and our 1 forward.
Gerrard has to go, it's terrible. Coutinho sums him up - lacklustre and ineffective.

The bit that summed up our "buildup" play for me was when Doug had the ball deep in our half, between CB and LB, and Buendia came running all the way back to take the ball off him. And then he passed it straight back to Doug. So we were in exactly the same place as we were before but now with Buendia miles out of position. Genius.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2022, 11:16:20 AM »

Bad decision making

Nah, he should have shot, if its the chance I'm thinking of. Watkins was in the right place to put it in but the ball never got to him.

I also was screaming at him to shoot - this to me is partly down to him and Mcginn playing on the wrong side - can anyone tell me what benefit there is to having midfielders playing on their weakest foot? Ir absolutely drives me fucking mad watching mcginn especially turn back into trouble because he can't kick it with his right foot.
If that chance for mcginn that he attempted that 'header' had falled to JJ he'd have belted in with his right foot, as it was mcginn didn't know what to do as it was moving towards his weaker side. Was still an embarrassing attempt mind.

Just seems to me that they all look uncomfortable out there and subsequently are making bad decisions

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2022, 11:18:31 AM »
Not for the first time we came up against an opposition who set up to frustrate us and we lacked the ability to break them down. Too slow physically, in decision making and in moving the ball. Currently we are a team delivering less than the sum of its parts and that, ultimately, is on the manager.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal