collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Press-ing on a bit by Woofles The Wonder Dog
[Today at 09:24:28 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:22:28 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Champions League Contention by rob_bridge
[Today at 09:13:41 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by Astnor
[Today at 09:04:02 AM]

Diego Carlos by rougegorge
[Today at 08:59:15 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Drummond
[Today at 08:55:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forest 1 v Aston Villa 1 Post Match Dirge Thread.  (Read 14291 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Forest 1 v Aston Villa 1 Post Match Dirge Thread.
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2022, 11:47:26 PM »
The reason we are not creating chances is because our football is so slow and predictable.
There is no movement just pedestrian pass sideways backwards repeat.
Then picking the same off form players in the same system.

Too many players ahead of the ball in the second half. It was like Gerrard instructed most of the players to push on into their box. This led to Luiz, Konsa and Luiz playing one and two touch passes to each other. Often in the Forest half too. Bringing Ings on, ok it's the obvious sub and switching to 4312. But Archer for Ramsey and moving Watkins to the LW is just Bradford stuff. Dendoncker did ok I thought but surely Sanson has a bit more about him on the ball. No idea what formation we finished with, complete mess.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2022, 11:49:16 PM »
Dendoncker looks like a big useless plodder to me. It what I imagine I look like playing football on a Tuesday night. Slow and ponderous.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2022, 12:10:42 AM »
I can’t think of any other team that would have 3 ‘attackers’ on the pitch but see the whole creative strategy to be via full backs (failed wingers) who in all fairness have no target because we have no forward tall enough or capable of heading a ball.  When we do get ball wide and commit to attack we have 4/5 players in a complete straight line, so piss easy to defend against.

Phenomenal that you field a team with Buendia & Coutinho yet are sooooo boring to watch.

Don’t be scared to give Archer a go, Watkins has the first touch of a pinball machine & Ings moves like the 40 year old tractor crawling round the lanes.  Get Archer up top with Coutinho or Buendia behind and get another body in midfield.

We are easy to play against because we don’t have any physical options up front, the last 10 mins was crying out for a big striker who you can hit to mix it up….& don’t start me on Ings on before Archer…that’s picking on reputation alone.

I’ve said before I’m not necessarily in the flame must be sacked camp yet BUT he has absolutely no come back if the owners do sack him, under achieving massively

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2022, 12:13:42 AM »
The reason we are not creating chances is because our football is so slow and predictable.
There is no movement just pedestrian pass sideways backwards repeat.
Then picking the same off form players in the same system.

Too many players ahead of the ball in the second half. It was like Gerrard instructed most of the players to push on into their box. This led to Luiz, Konsa and Luiz playing one and two touch passes to each other. Often in the Forest half too. Bringing Ings on, ok it's the obvious sub and switching to 4312. But Archer for Ramsey and moving Watkins to the LW is just Bradford stuff. Dendoncker did ok I thought but surely Sanson has a bit more about him on the ball. No idea what formation we finished with, complete mess.
Since StevieG was manager, I've had no idea what formation we have started with.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2022, 12:15:50 AM »
Has a substitute ever had less impact than Danny Ings tonight?

Proper Chris Samba moment, that.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2022, 12:19:03 AM »
Just watching the highlights and the goal we conceded should be enough to sack the Jesus bloke. I haven't seen such a simple set piece goal in a long time.

If we could keep him on the payroll to work for our opposition every week, he might be worth it.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2022, 12:25:54 AM »
Has a substitute ever had less impact than Danny Ings tonight?

Proper Chris Samba moment, that.

He had one touch against Leeds in his ten minutes, and 6 touches against Forest in half an hour tonight. No impact whatsoever, and his introdution killed what very little structure we had.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2022, 12:27:40 AM »
Just watching the highlights and the goal we conceded should be enough to sack the Jesus bloke. I haven't seen such a simple set piece goal in a long time.

If we could keep him on the payroll to work for our opposition every week, he might be worth it.
Perhaps he could assist with the half-time catering.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 12:29:35 AM by maidstonevillain »

Offline Rory

« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2022, 12:31:16 AM »

Perhaps he could assist the half-time catering.

I'd love to see the reaction if people at VP started asking to see the wine list.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2022, 12:45:33 AM »
I watched 2 teams tonight that looked nailed on for relegation.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2022, 12:49:59 AM »
Dendoncker looks like a big useless plodder to me. It what I imagine I look like playing football on a Tuesday night. Slow and ponderous.

A massive panic signing bag of shit. Padding the squad out with more players on big wages draining our funds. Him and Bednarek were a sign we fucked up the transfer window big time. The thinking over the last 2 years has been various degrees of crap.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2022, 12:59:25 AM »
Signings like Dendonker are the least of our worries.  I think he can be an effective player for us, especially while Kamara is out. 

It's everything in front of him that I have massive misgivings about.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2022, 01:23:24 AM »
He couldn't get in to the Wolves midfield and he currently can't get in to ours. We're both bottom 6 teams.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2022, 01:28:17 AM »
The most incisive pass of game was made by Konsa. When you consider the talent in our side, that is bordering on farcical.

We can't go on like this.

Offline dorsetvillian

« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2022, 02:38:39 AM »
Finally home at 2.30 in the morning after a terrible journey. Just what we needed after another dire performance. The away fans have turned, so I think after Chelsea and Fulham he will be gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal