collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bournemouth vs Aston Villa pre match thread  (Read 18550 times)

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Bournemouth vs Aston Villa pre match thread
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2022, 11:47:22 AM »
Think Bournemouth have arguably the weakest squad in the top flight.

If we weren't playing them first game of the season, I'd feel pretty confident of a win, but can see us starting badly and losing.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2022, 12:01:14 PM »

If we weren't playing them first game of the season, I'd feel pretty confident of a win, but can see us starting badly and losing.
Takes me back to Watford at start of last season.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2022, 12:04:29 PM »
Theres a lot of pessimism on a number of threads!! Not sure i get why.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2022, 12:20:28 PM »

This is H&V, it's what we do

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2022, 01:01:28 PM »

Takes me back to Watford at start of last season.

But we haven't spent the summer running a kickabout by the Thames, having BBQs and pining over an ex-player.

We'll lose 2-1.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2022, 02:51:07 PM »

Seems more than usual pre season

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2022, 03:50:53 PM »

I wouldn't say I'm pessimistic, more concerned that I don't see any patterns in our attacking play that could open up teams and craft chances. It's not easy to put my finger on it, because I do think we are set up more attacking than Southgate's England for example, but I still feel from watching us that we stand still and simply watch the player with the ball rather than being constantly on the move off the ball, and that there is the expectation on individuals to do something special, rather than the team being more of a machine that can create chances via the system.

I don't want to watch 38 games of CB to CB to CB to CB to Cash, runs forward gets closed down, turns back to CB who goes HOOF!

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2022, 04:21:25 PM »

Think the problem is, we have been sold a dream, but the nagging feeling is have we got enough to go from 14th to say 7th or 8th. 

Basically, I think Villa fans actually started to believe it might be different this time, and the more pessimisic out of us and being to think it wont be. 

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2022, 05:08:12 PM »

Think the problem is, we have been sold a dream, but the nagging feeling is have we got enough to go from 14th to say 7th or 8th. 

Basically, I think Villa fans actually started to believe it might be different this time, and the more pessimisic out of us and being to think it wont be.

I can understand that after the highs of August to December 2020, dismantling Liverpool and Arsenal, playing great football, Grealish in his pomp and us looking like genuine top 6 challengers, that its all been disappointing since. Especially last season, which i, like many others was glad when it was over.
However, i’m just not sure what the dream is thats not coming to fruition. Wasn't there a 5 year plan to try and get us into Europe? That will be a tough ask by the end of the season but certainly not impossible. I also think its easy to forgot where we were and have been from 2010 onwards, compared to the position of relative comfort we find ourselves in now.
We’ve made some good signings, we have some good players already there, we have a genuine world class talent in Coutinhio and another in Martinez and we haven’t lost in pre season.
Ive been supporting Villa since the early 80s so have seen lots of bad and mediocre times amongst a few good times, but if we can’t be optimistic now before we’ve actually started to mess the whole thing up then i don’t when we can be.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2022, 05:13:59 PM »

There isn't that much pessimism, over 70% predicting a win. I doubt many lower midtable fans are so confident of an away win.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2022, 05:19:02 PM »

There isn't that much pessimism, over 70% predicting a win. I doubt many lower midtable fans are so confident of an away win.

Maybe your right and i’m just honing in on the doubt too much

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2022, 05:21:51 PM »

I can understand that after the highs of August to December 2020, dismantling Liverpool and Arsenal, playing great football, Grealish in his pomp and us looking like genuine top 6 challengers, that its all been disappointing since. Especially last season, which i, like many others was glad when it was over.
However, i’m just not sure what the dream is thats not coming to fruition. Wasn't there a 5 year plan to try and get us into Europe? That will be a tough ask by the end of the season but certainly not impossible. I also think its easy to forgot where we were and have been from 2010 onwards, compared to the position of relative comfort we find ourselves in now.
We’ve made some good signings, we have some good players already there, we have a genuine world class talent in Coutinhio and another in Martinez and we haven’t lost in pre season.
Ive been supporting Villa since the early 80s so have seen lots of bad and mediocre times amongst a few good times, but if we can’t be optimistic now before we’ve actually started to mess the whole thing up then i don’t when we can be.
100% - we havent failed at anything yet.  I move between being positive and ngative (mainly in life in general).  It feels like with Villa something is waiting to click on the pitch

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2022, 05:32:31 PM »

100% - we havent failed at anything yet.  I move between being positive and ngative (mainly in life in general).  It feels like with Villa something is waiting to click on the pitch

Fair enough. To be fair my pre season optimism usually doesn’t get past September!

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2022, 05:36:32 PM »
Hate playing newly promoted teams first up. With the debacle of Watford last season still fresh in the memory plus our woeful recent record against the ‘mighty’ Cherries, I sense a defeat in the offing.

2-0 them.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2022, 06:28:01 PM »
Have backed us to win, however this is Villa we are talking about.  If we play a waiting game like last week we will win.  Pity only 1300 will be there to witness it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal