collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What have we learnt from the first preseason game?  (Read 7761 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: What have we learnt from the first preseason game?
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2022, 10:44:24 AM »
I think we'll have a fair few Villa fans is Aus.  Not that it makes any difference whatsoever in a pre-season friendly, it's hardly going to be a cauldron on intimidation either way..

Have you not seen Mad Max?

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2022, 10:59:22 AM »
Congrats, Londonvilla! Mr Woodhall rarely if ever promotes H&V topics to the front page.

He made me so happy but its a team effort so I would like to thank Didier Six whose 15 appearances for the villa made me think that dreams can come true 

Offline Holte Antipode

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2022, 11:00:15 AM »
It's not cheap even if you live here. The tickets might be reasonable but the cost of flights and accommodation is eyewatering. It would be cheaper to get a hospitality package next time I'm over in Brum.

You are right Hillbilly it isn't cheap. I had a friend who was going to fly down to Brisbane from Townsville, but his return flights would have been AUD$700 so he isn't coming. He isn't a Villa fan so I don't blame him.

Yes even domestic travel is expensive these days. Had been hoping to get to Townsville after the Bris game but flight costs turned out prohibitive. And couldn’t persuade my uneducated family that a 1700 mile return drive to watch the Roar reduced to rubble was the best use of a road trip.

From NZ there’s nothing to suggest more Leeds support will be travelling. In Aust, maybe it comes down to whether parochial locals more fondly remember Kewell than Bosnich (who is still occasionally on TV).  And if turns out there’s more local dirty whites then no problem, to grow as many Aussie fans as other clubs you do have to occasionally visit. None of that is remotely a bad look for the club. 

Big picture for AVFC is probably that it’s commercially profitable to tour, helps to raise brand profile and sell merch in far flung places, and partly a bonding lads trip (as SG’s interview said) in a fairly hospitable climate. Being able to run a mini tournament with likes of Leeds, Palace, Manure already downunder ensures even match-ups too.

#boubacarscoresondebut

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2022, 11:02:50 AM »
Congrats, Londonvilla! Mr Woodhall rarely if ever promotes H&V topics to the front page.
Yes, a well written piece. Well done.

Thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal