collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:27:22 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by villa for life
[Today at 11:26:26 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Risso
[Today at 11:25:34 PM]

Robin Olsen by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:25:33 PM]

Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 11:23:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Didier Five
[Today at 11:20:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 11:19:38 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:15:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What have we learnt from the first preseason game?  (Read 7760 times)

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: What have we learnt from the first preseason game?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2022, 07:42:08 AM »
...that if we come across a league 2 team in one of the cup competitions we should win comfortably?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2022, 08:31:11 AM »
I can't imagine why Leeds would be popular in the country that instigated the White Australia Policy.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2022, 11:05:25 AM »
I think we'll have a fair few Villa fans is Aus.  Not that it makes any difference whatsoever in a pre-season friendly, it's hardly going to be a cauldron on intimidation either way..

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2022, 11:33:27 AM »
Out of interest is there a cup for the winners of the pre-season tournament or is it purely friendly matches?it would be nice to win something and the players go into the new campaign with a winning mentality.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2022, 11:34:55 AM »
I am reliably informed that both Bouncer and Mrs. Mangle were big Villa fans.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2022, 11:38:26 AM »
Just a few friendlies, I think. As an aside, it's a shame they just have to have us pictured in training gear rather than our famous colours on the website because, yet again, we couldn't be bothered to release the kit on time.

https://optusstadium.com.au/icon

https://optusstadium.com.au/icon/icon-festival-of-events

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2022, 11:38:28 AM »
I am reliably informed that both Bouncer and Mrs. Mangle were big Villa fans.

What about Mr Udagawa?

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2022, 11:42:33 AM »
Just a few friendlies, I think. As an aside, it's a shame they just have to have us pictured in training gear rather than our famous colours on the website because, yet again, we couldn't be bothered to release the kit on time.

Very strange how they've used images of the other teams from 'game shots' and we have players modeling the latest training gear

Beggers belief what some people do at the Club when forwarding official photography/documents over to the organisers. Need to up our game

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2022, 11:51:40 AM »

The photos of the other teams are of last season's kits. There is no reason we couldn't have done the same. It has nothing to do with when the new kit was released.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2022, 11:56:51 AM »

The photos of the other teams are of last season's kits. There is no reason we couldn't have done the same. It has nothing to do with when the new kit was released.

Ah, okay. Weird then.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2022, 11:59:26 AM »
What we learnt is that we have over half the likely starters still on holiday and that Walsall are happy to fill the ground up for this regular friendly.

Thanks for that great analysis .....nice to hear from a top brain
That's a bit insulting Londonvilla. Steve67 is correct. It was a match to get some fitness under us and also help Walsall as we do every year. We have learned nothing of note but do appreciate your in depth analysis.

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2022, 11:59:55 AM »
Hangover from the Kewell/Viduka years?
Those two, yes, and it coincided with the premier league getting far more air time on free to air TV. Roundball football gathered a lot of momentum in that period, when the conversation was previously dominated by the oval ball codes. A lot of new fans without prior allegiances jumped on Leeds as a result.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2022, 12:31:47 PM »
Thank you for certifying that Hillbilly.
Possibly could be 80-20? Or even worse. This won't be a good look for us as a club.

I know there's lots of jokes around regarding Leeds support but in certain parts of the world they have incredible backing that outnumbers ours even with them being in the Championship for so long .

We need to break into other markets,I understand and our supporter base in England is looking VERY strong.  Maybe we can get some Liverpool / Gerrard fans to wave a claret and blue scarf for us so it don't look so one sided support wise.

We will probably take max 50?from the UK with a majority heading out to Rennes instead. The club should have put a package together for individuals who wanted to go but don't have the confidence in booking a big trip DIY . Think they have missed a trick there. I'm not the only one worried either

Worried?

I'm more concerned that a trip to Australia alienates the common man, let's face it, who can afford to go there at those prices?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2022, 12:52:02 PM »
Thank you for certifying that Hillbilly.
Possibly could be 80-20? Or even worse. This won't be a good look for us as a club.

I know there's lots of jokes around regarding Leeds support but in certain parts of the world they have incredible backing that outnumbers ours even with them being in the Championship for so long .

We need to break into other markets,I understand and our supporter base in England is looking VERY strong.  Maybe we can get some Liverpool / Gerrard fans to wave a claret and blue scarf for us so it don't look so one sided support wise.

We will probably take max 50?from the UK with a majority heading out to Rennes instead. The club should have put a package together for individuals who wanted to go but don't have the confidence in booking a big trip DIY . Think they have missed a trick there. I'm not the only one worried either

Worried?

I'm more concerned that a trip to Australia alienates the common man, let's face it, who can afford to go there at those prices?

Certainly not the people who've had to pay so much extra for their season tickets in the T6 sections.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2022, 01:03:31 PM »

Well there is, we have a new kit supplier.  If we'd released the kit on time we could have had photos of players in the new kit in our famous colours rather than the shabby looking pics on the website.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal