collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Still not our year  (Read 1697 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Still not our year
« on: June 30, 2022, 05:52:05 PM »
Not even for the Estonian Cup. Lost 3-1 at Infonet. At least they didn't score 36.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61808907

Welcome to the strange world of the Estonian Cup, where senior teams, under-19 sides and Sunday League outfits go head to head.

Some of the teams involved read like names you might see in your local five-a-side league. Here for Beer and Eyjafjallajokull, named after the Icelandic volcano that disrupted flights across Europe in 2010, have played in recent years.

Among the 75 teams competing this season are Puhkus Mehhikos (Holiday in Mexico), FC Kohvile (FC Coffee), Maardu Aliens and the surely Premier League-themed Eston Villa and EstHam United.

Some of the teams involved are not used to the offside rule because the Rahvaliiga - which translates as the People's League - does not use it. That showed in some of last season's scorelines of 32-0, 26-0, 24-0 and 21-0.

There have been some big scorelines in the past, notably in 2015 when FC Infonet hammered Virtsu Jalgpalliklubi 36-0.

Last season Flora Tallinn beat their own under-19 team 14-0.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Still not our year
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 05:56:09 PM »
Among the 75 teams competing this season are Puhkus Mehhikos (Holiday in Mexico), FC Kohvile (FC Coffee), Maardu Aliens and the surely Premier League-themed Eston Villa and EstHam United.

Even their punned team names are a poor imitation of ours.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 06:02:06 PM »
I miss the golden age when IBK Here for Beer only lost nine-nil to top flight giants Tallinna JK Legion. Presumably not named after our Legion as I was unable to find any reports of the stadium catching fire.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%9321_Estonian_Cup

Oh, and welcome back, PWS. I'm in need of some decent horror recommendations and, no, I'm not ordering the 2015/16 season review.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 02:36:23 PM »

Even their punned team names are a poor imitation of ours.

The crest/badge though......

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 02:38:05 PM »
I miss the golden age when IBK Here for Beer only lost nine-nil to top flight giants Tallinna JK Legion. Presumably not named after our Legion as I was unable to find any reports of the stadium catching fire.

Oh, and welcome back, PWS. I'm in need of some decent horror recommendations and, no, I'm not ordering the 2015/16 season review.

Are you a horror fan mate? If so, I've plenty of recommendations!

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 02:58:30 PM »
What a way to return.... with little known mention of Estonian Football.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 10:53:28 PM »

Yes mate! Especially any Japanese/Asian stuff which you may have a greater knowledge of than me. I feel like I have watched every US/British horror film ever made and very few have grabbed me recently. Asia is where it's at, lately. With a respectful nod to Spain and France.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 01:38:33 AM »
Glad to see PWS back. Don't always agree with him and boy, does he like a fight (he's normally wrong ;)) but this place is better for him.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 01:51:51 AM »

Yes mate! Especially any Japanese/Asian stuff which you may have a greater knowledge of than me. I feel like I have watched every US/British horror film ever made and very few have grabbed me recently. Asia is where it's at, lately. With a respectful nod to Spain and France.

My attitude to horror films was summed up by Mark Watson when discussing the French-Romanian horror film Ils (Them). One of the tag lines was something like 'you'll never feel safe in your home again'.

As Mark Watson said, "why would I want that?!"

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 08:15:32 AM »
Ils is great. 😁

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal