collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279177 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2022, 08:27:57 PM »
I'm glad you like it, I like the star because it represents us winning the greatest prize in club football, and some great teams such as Bayern and Benfica include stars in their badge.

Yeah I get it, but the league has a rule that you aren't allowed to have the star above the badge. I don't think it looks good anywhere else. I'd have it above the badge in European games, if we ever qualify again, and not on the shirt at all in domestic matches.

Offline KRS

« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2022, 08:47:09 PM »
We really don’t need a star on the badge…and it looks a bit crap.

Offline OOAHPAULMcGRATH

« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2022, 10:04:26 PM »
Hi everyone, good to join the Heroes and Villains. My first match at the Villa was against the Blues in September 1955, we drew 1-1, but I was hooked from that day. I've gone off the subject, the crest, sorry, the round badge will always be a reminder of 1982, so I just think that should be the main part of the crest. The scroll was part of the badge when I started going down the Villa.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #363 on: July 10, 2022, 12:15:11 AM »
Hi everyone, good to join the Heroes and Villains. My first match at the Villa was against the Blues in September 1955, we drew 1-1, but I was hooked from that day. I've gone off the subject, the crest, sorry, the round badge will always be a reminder of 1982, so I just think that should be the main part of the crest. The scroll was part of the badge when I started going down the Villa.

I think there is a First Match thread, in Villa Memories maybe. I had a great time when I first joined, reading through all the old threads, getting to know the characters.

Then I encountered Brazilian Villain and it put me off but y'know, I'm still here.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2022, 01:36:48 PM »

I think there is a First Match thread, in Villa Memories maybe. I had a great time when I first joined, reading through all the old threads, getting to know the characters.

Then I encountered Brazilian Villain and it put me off but y'know, I'm still here.

My advice is just stay off 'off topic' and you might like people :D.

Online Weedy

« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2022, 05:15:03 PM »
There are a depressingly large amount of clubs and businesses who use a lion logo/crest
- just do a Google image search for "football teams badge lion" and you'll see what I mean.
Everything from Cameroon, Holland and Scotland to Percy Main AFC and Woburn & Wavendon FC.

Anyway, using Scotland's badge for inspiration, I've come up with these - claret & blue for domestic games,
gold version for Europe/special occasions:

The lettering could be removed, leaving just the badge, which should be recognisably Villa.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 05:17:34 PM by Weedy »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #366 on: July 10, 2022, 05:29:20 PM »
No no no. Has to have "ASTON VILLA" on it.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #367 on: July 10, 2022, 06:00:56 PM »
So what’s the process here. Are they going to take ideas or those created by an agency and present multiple crest options to vote on?

Online Weedy

« Reply #368 on: July 10, 2022, 06:42:05 PM »
No no no. Has to have "ASTON VILLA" on it.

I said 'could' - for kits use the whole thing, but maybe just the badge for internet, leisure wear etc.

Lot's more fan design on Villa Talk -

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/11217-new-club-crest-ideas/page/61/

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #369 on: July 10, 2022, 07:06:31 PM »
I find it quite amusing that after having being lumbered with Randy's 'Microsoft Paint' amateur effort, we now have thousands of graphic designers all posting free designs for Aston Villa. ;-)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #370 on: July 11, 2022, 10:51:05 AM »
Looking at the new shirts made me think, one thing I like about the current badge is the size of the Lion.  In a lot of the mock ups of a circular badges that people are getting excitied about the lion looks tiny.  I hope it looks more prominent on the new badge whatever we go for.  I think this is why I still favour the stand alone lion discussed before.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #371 on: July 11, 2022, 11:11:04 AM »
Looking at the new shirts made me think, one thing I like about the current badge is the size of the Lion.  In a lot of the mock ups of a circular badges that people are getting excitied about the lion looks tiny.  I hope it looks more prominent on the new badge whatever we go for.  I think this is why I still favour the stand alone lion discussed before.

You'd love a return to the 1870-80s Badge then

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #372 on: July 11, 2022, 11:12:41 AM »

That's about where I am with it, the other problem with the round badges is people seem to dislike empty space so they keep adding stuff that isn't needed (this is true for many club badges). The only essential stuff is a Lion and the words Aston Villa, everything else that gets included has to be there to promote those 2 things.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #373 on: July 11, 2022, 11:32:12 AM »
The lion in the round badge was perfect. The current lion looks like the cowardly one from the Wizard of Oz.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #374 on: July 11, 2022, 11:36:00 AM »
Love the 80s crest above with the prepared underneath, taking ideas from a couple of badges. I would ditch the star though looks.very childish and not necessary

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal