collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 277327 times)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #1515 on: May 31, 2023, 11:35:22 AM »
I don't like it inside the crest.

It looks like the lion is holding a sparkler.

It should be outside of the circle, centrally at the top of the crest.

Personally, I would say fuck the Premier League & put it on there anyway.

I have never heard of them whining about Nottingham Forest having their two above their crest on Premier League shirts.

Nor Man City for the 712 they had when they won fuck all before the dirty sports-washing money fell into their laps.

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #1516 on: May 31, 2023, 12:07:16 PM »
Surprised the website and app haven’t been updated yet; maybe there’s an official switch-over (possibly coinciding with the new kit and sponsorship reveal)?

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1517 on: May 31, 2023, 12:26:06 PM »
It’ll look like Magical Mystery Tour in a few years.

In 26 years it'll look like the EU flag.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1518 on: May 31, 2023, 05:42:26 PM »
When we win our next couple of CL trophies, we could keep just the one star if we really have to show we've won it.

Or better yet, dump all the stars, everyone knows who we are and what we are about. The name Aston Villa is enough.

If you have to look at the badge to work out what we've achieved, you probably won't even know what the bloody star means anyway.

Or make the badge a big fk off star with stars inside it

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1519 on: May 31, 2023, 05:59:34 PM »
In nearly 150 years of history, there's a lot more to our club than one glorious night in Rotterdam.

It feels very small-time trying to tell anyone that will listen that we won the European Cup in '82.

If we must shoehorn a star into the badge, it should at least be in the outer circle and stop it from looking like someone's dangling a star on a bit of string in front of the lion, taunting him as though you would when playing with a cat.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #1520 on: May 31, 2023, 07:00:09 PM »
Bright star
The vital addition of a white star may be a small change but its significance is huge – that star glows brightly in recognition of the finest hour in the club’s 133-year history.

No matter how young, the most essential part of any Villa supporter’s education is to be aware the club won the European Cup by beating Bayern Munich in Rotterdam on 26th May, 1982.

Now we have a permanent reminder of the occasion and a symbol of our future goal, playing Champions League football again.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101013023534/http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/HistoryKits

From when the star was originally added. Thought it'd be interesting to read. Doesn't sound any less pathetic imo.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1521 on: June 01, 2023, 07:26:21 AM »
Bright star
The vital addition of a white star may be a small change but its significance is huge – that star glows brightly in recognition of the finest hour in the club’s 133-year history.

No matter how young, the most essential part of any Villa supporter’s education is to be aware the club won the European Cup by beating Bayern Munich in Rotterdam on 26th May, 1982.

Now we have a permanent reminder of the occasion and a symbol of our future goal, playing Champions League football again.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101013023534/http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/HistoryKits

From when the star was originally added. Thought it'd be interesting to read. Doesn't sound any less pathetic imo.
I'm confused

The famous lion also has a different look. Gone is the fragmented image seen on previous Villa badges. The lion is now proud, looking to the future and unified – signalling our desire for togetherness.
I thought the lion had been switched to facing right so that it was looking to the future. Really wish the future would just stay where it's put, this is going to the up being embarrassing if the future moves back over to the left again.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1522 on: June 01, 2023, 08:03:07 AM »
That was where the future was in 2006.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1523 on: June 01, 2023, 08:06:46 AM »
Bright star

I'm confused

So's Hercules - he doesn't know if he is coming or going?!

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1524 on: June 01, 2023, 08:17:51 AM »
Hercules confuses me. Why do we only ever see Bella at the Holte? Is he napping after a morning of turning from left to right then back again?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1525 on: June 01, 2023, 08:29:09 AM »
I dread to think what sort of blue-sky thinking corporate nonsense Josh and Hannah from Fluffy PR will come up with to describe the new one. 

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1526 on: June 01, 2023, 08:39:19 AM »
I dread to think what sort of blue-sky thinking corporate nonsense Josh and Hannah from Fluffy PR will come up with to describe the new one. 

They'll just get ChatGPT to do it now Dave, Josh and Hannah have opened a street food kitchen in Stirchley instead.

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #1527 on: June 01, 2023, 01:29:41 PM »
Do we have a definite date yet when the badge swap will happen? I guess it will all be tied into the kit launch… but lots to do in/around the ground you’d suspect. Website and social meejah a lot easier…

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1528 on: June 01, 2023, 02:31:10 PM »
Until a few years ago the round badge was still in existence on some of the carpets in the North Stand, so the Lerner badge might carry on existing in some form or other for a few years yet.

Things like the mosaics on the Holte End and the windows of the Holte Pub are two I can't see changing quickly.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #1529 on: June 01, 2023, 03:04:17 PM »
Until a few years ago the round badge was still in existence on some of the carpets in the North Stand, so the Lerner badge might carry on existing in some form or other for a few years yet.

Things like the mosaics on the Holte End and the windows of the Holte Pub are two I can't see changing quickly.

I can see them staying. I could be completely wrong but I don’t remember badges being changed on the old Trinity Stand. The Holte looks fine as it is, the mosaics & glass were one of the things Lerner got right and I don’t even notice that the badge is rubbish there because the overall effect is so good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal