collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279325 times)

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 11:23:39 AM »
The Round Badge isn't just synonymous with our most successful few years, it's also a genuinely classy piece of design. Adding a star above the lion, I can take or leave. The stand-alone lion is too "polo-shirt" for me.

I want Risso's creation. Or the hula-hooping bear.
Hippo!

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 11:24:19 AM »
I think we all have an emotional attachment to whatever badge was in place when we became fans.  For me, it's the round early 80s version, and I'd love to see that come back.  But I also recognise that trends change, and the whole 'minimalist' thing seems to be what people go for these days, so it's very unlikely.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2022, 11:29:05 AM »
I loved the 60's shield design that was also on top of the stand personally....

UTV
The Doc

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2022, 11:32:38 AM »
Personally, I want the owner to just design it himself. Preferably using MS Paint.

If he could then tattoo it onto his body to show how much he cares, then we're all good.

Exactly what I was going to say.

I think the FAQs on the OS could have been more honest:

"What’s wrong with the current crest?"

"It's shit. It looks shit, you think it's shit, we think it's shit. It was designed by that fucking moron Randy Lerner and having spent getting on for a billion quid on the club we think we should probably get something a bit more professional looking."

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2022, 11:33:16 AM »
The Round Badge isn't just synonymous with our most successful few years, it's also a genuinely classy piece of design. Adding a star above the lion, I can take or leave. The stand-alone lion is too "polo-shirt" for me.

I want Risso's creation. Or the hula-hooping bear.
Hippo!

Oops! Yes.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2022, 11:36:49 AM »
1980's round badge for me!

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2022, 11:39:48 AM »
Stick with what we've got and get rid of the star.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2022, 11:40:10 AM »
Leaving aside feelings about the actual teams, of the this season's Premier League badges, I think the Spurs one is the best. It's nice and simple, but quite stylish and recognisable. I also like the simplicity of the Wolves one.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2022, 11:43:38 AM »
Leaving aside feelings about the actual teams, of the this season's Premier League badges, I think the Spurs one is the best. It's nice and simple, but quite stylish and recognisable. I also like the simplicity of the Wolves one.

I missed Olbiyun's late promotion run. ;)

Spurs isn't bad but Sheff Utd, Man Citeh then Chelsea are the best 3 for me. Not keen on Fulham's or the Wolves badge.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2022, 11:44:36 AM »
We are a Scottish club, we should have a Lion Rampant not the overweight pussycat on the current badge. Make it claret as yellow is too insipid. Bring back round badge and make sure it actually says "ASTON VILLA" on it. Also don't bother putting "Prepared" on it as it is a crap motto and quite "Rangers"-y. Ta.

Also, in keeping with our Scottish heritage, only supporters of Scottish ancestry should be involved in the decision-making process. As Brexit proved, you can't trust English people on vital issues such as this.

Well you can't trust 51% of English people :). How many Scots want independence?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2022, 11:47:38 AM »

I don't like the "simplicity" of them at all. As someone else said, that looks like a polo shirt. I want it to say "ASTON VILLA" on it. We have the most beautiful name in football and should be showing it off.

Sheffield United is the best badge in the image you quoted.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2022, 11:47:54 AM »
Also, in keeping with our Scottish heritage, only supporters of Scottish ancestry should be involved in the decision-making process. As Brexit proved, you can't trust English people on vital issues such as this.

Well you can't trust 51% of English people :). How many Scots want independence?

I too am surprised to see CDBF extolling the decision making abilities of those with Scottish ancestry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 11:49:21 AM »
Say what you like about Trump, he's never spoken out against the round badge.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2022, 11:49:37 AM »
Surely if we go too Scottish, a rival club will ask to borrow our badge, cut its head off, replace it with one of their own and then stay in control of it for half a millennium!   :P

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2022, 11:51:52 AM »
Hate the club but I think Chelsea has been the strongest re-branding of their badge. They've also gone from using their initials to the full name and having something close to a rampant lion too.

Never seen the first 3 before.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal