collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:59:24 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Rory
[Today at 02:57:31 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Diego Carlos by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:36:56 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Neil Critchley - Former Assistant Head Coach  (Read 31499 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Neil Critchley - New Assistant Head Coach
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2022, 09:53:57 AM »
Seems like  positive coup though I thought same with Shakespeare.

Do your best

Don't know that one. When did he write that?
"One may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2022, 03:33:43 PM »
Interesting that Critchley prefers wingers to a diamon system I'm midfield. Maybe there's scope still for Traore and Bailey to shine on the flanks.

Maybe though I'd imagine Blackpool didn't have much to play with and he had to work with what he had. He also brought through the youngsters, again a policy or budget restriction? Either way, he was successful in first getting them promoted and then comfortably keeping them up.

If he can find a way to get the best out of Bailey and even Traore I'll be more than happy.

Offline mike

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2022, 04:36:43 PM »
Interesting that Critchley prefers wingers to a diamon system I'm midfield. Maybe there's scope still for Traore and Bailey to shine on the flanks.

Maybe though I'd imagine Blackpool didn't have much to play with and he had to work with what he had. He also brought through the youngsters, again a policy or budget restriction? Either way, he was successful in first getting them promoted and then comfortably keeping them up.

If he can find a way to get the best out of Bailey and even Traore I'll be more than happy.

Is he a medical genius as well?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2022, 06:43:57 PM »
I wonder whether the conversation with MB before he left, was around if you go, who do you reckon can fill your shoes…type of thing.

Or SG has a list of names in terms of succession planning.
He just phoned up one of the other coaches he's worked with and got the club to offer him a wheelbarrow of cash. It's no mystical midas touch nor, I suspect, some long thought out 4D succession plan.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 06:47:37 PM by chrisw1 »

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2022, 10:25:12 PM »
I wonder whether the conversation with MB before he left, was around if you go, who do you reckon can fill your shoes…type of thing.

Or SG has a list of names in terms of succession planning.
He just phoned up one of the other coaches he's worked with and got the club to offer him a wheelbarrow of cash. It's no mystical midas touch nor, I suspect, some long thought out 4D succession plan.

Who cares? He’s here now, we’ve thrown some cash at it, if it doesn’t work we’ll throw more cash at it until it does.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2022, 12:55:34 AM »
Sounds like he has jumped at the big money and opportunity to join the 'Big league' as a No.2 rather than continue as a No.1 at Blackpool.

Their supporters are seething and rightly so.

Hopefully he will be an asset to the Football Club and who knows could be our future Head Coach if things go as badly as the last couple of months of the season
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 01:06:55 AM by Flin5tone »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2022, 09:25:07 AM »
From what I've read Blackpool played mostly 4-4-2 with two DMs and two wide midfielders. 

Defensively very organised with a good press, but often exposed on the counter attack.

Attacking seems a bit rudimentary, often bypasing midfield witrh a big punt up to Gary Madine and playing off that.  I suspect they lacked the quality to do much else and he'll be more progressive with our squad.

He seems generally highly regarded but the PL is a massive step up for him.  Will be interesting to see what impact he has on the team.

Offline Clive W

« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2022, 10:38:23 AM »
Sounds like he has jumped at the big money and opportunity to join the 'Big league' as a No.2 rather than continue as a No.1 at Blackpool.

Hopefully he will be an asset to the Football Club and who knows could be our future Head Coach if things go as badly as the last couple of months of the season

That’s the spirit

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2022, 10:47:01 AM »
Really impressed with how quickly this got done. Complete contrast to what happened when O'Kelly and Terry left just before the season started, and seems to be a very highly rated coach with even more experience (leastways of actual management) than the departing one.

I am hoping QPR take a few of our youngsters on loan next season, as under Beales tutelage they should slot in easily when they return should they do well there. Barrie, Philogen Bidace and Kessler-Hayden could all do with a run at that level. Hoping Archer gets a full season at PNE as all my PNE supporting mates up here are raving about him.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2022, 10:58:00 AM »

That’s the spirit

I would sack him , the money grabber

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2022, 12:07:03 PM »

That’s the spirit

I would sack him , the money grabber
To be honest, he's probably only been brought in to inflate the season ticket waiting list numbers, by taking up an extra seat.  DISGRACEFUL.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2022, 01:36:11 PM »

That’s the spirit

Always good to have dissenting views in our happy Heroes discussion.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2022, 02:17:02 PM »

Bailey isn't injury prone - he just had an injury last year. Bad luck for himself and the club, but he's not one to be crocked year in year out.

Traore however, I think he's done here.

Offline mike

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2022, 02:36:16 PM »

Bailey isn't injury prone - he just had an injury last year. Bad luck for himself and the club, but he's not one to be crocked year in year out.

He came back into the squad at least a couple of times and then got re-injured so he’s either injury prone, our medical staff are incompetent and bring him back too soon or he’s a wingy fucker who won’t play if he breaks a toenail.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2022, 02:45:53 PM »

He came back into the squad at least a couple of times and then got re-injured so he’s either injury prone, our medical staff are incompetent and bring him back too soon or he’s a wingy fucker who won’t play if he breaks a toenail.

In his time at Leverkusen:

2017/18: 34 appearances
2018/19: 39 appearances
2019/20: 25 appearances
2020/21: 40 appearances

At Genk:

2015/16: 42 appearances
2016/17: 35 appearances

I think, if anything, this year may have been an anomaly. He's only 24.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal