collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 04:56:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Reuben
[Today at 04:56:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by TopDeck113
[Today at 04:55:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:55:24 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 04:55:10 PM]

Re: Leon Bailey - signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:52:43 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:49:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:49:27 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread.  (Read 25142 times)

Offline avfc_1874

Re: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread.
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2022, 07:35:47 PM »
Even at 2-0 I was still expecting our defence to cock up eventually.

It's crap to lose the way we did, but that's the difference between a £20-30 million player and a £50-60 million player which City have in virtually every position. I was more annoyed with the 4 dropped points against Palace & Burnley.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2022, 07:36:32 PM »
Get shut of Ollie Watkins the moment the transfer window opens. Honestly, it's embarrassing watching him try to control a ball.

He wasn't great today, possibly his worst game but blimey, stop being such an angry drama queen.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2022, 07:37:16 PM »

It's crap to lose the way we did, but that's the difference between a £20-30 million player and a £50-60 million player which City have in virtually every position. I was more annoyed with the 4 dropped points against Palace & Burnley.

Or getting doubled by Watford.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2022, 07:38:35 PM »
As fucked off as we all are, had we been told at the start we will lose 3-2 playing hard vs Man City, who needed a win to secure the title we’d have all taken it. Versus the hammering we all thought we’d get. It’s the manner of the defeat that hurts the most, and on the back of 2 bad draws at home. A very difficult season has come to an end in a very sad way.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2022, 07:38:56 PM »
I dont think it's spinning it to say to include context myself.
It shouldn't happen at any point in any game, between professional players in the same league. Someone go down for treatment, get cramp, do something to take a breather and the sting out of it.

Embarrassing.

You're talking as if there's a level playing field or even remote parity between us and them. I'm not embarrassed by today. I cannot fathom why anybody would be.
I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't be embarrassed by conceding 3 in 5 minutes.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2022, 07:39:32 PM »
Get shut of Ollie Watkins the moment the transfer window opens. Honestly, it's embarrassing watching him try to control a ball.

He wasn't great today, possibly his worst game but blimey, stop being such an angry drama queen.
If we accept the standard of performance displayed today by our first choice striker, we are going nowhere fast.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2022, 07:39:45 PM »

Not based on today, but all season we've seen that which Risso describes. I agree with him.

Misses so many good chances, poor control, anything requiring thought rather than instinct and he can't do it.

It's good reading him yesterday saying he wants to become deadly, but I just can't see how that happens.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2022, 07:42:04 PM »
The best and worst of Watkins today.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2022, 07:42:45 PM »

Or getting doubled by Watford.

Yep. There's probably been about half a dozen or so games where we've dropped around 10-15 points that we realistically should be taking.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2022, 07:43:45 PM »

Not based on today, but all season we've seen that which Risso describes. I agree with him.

Misses so many good chances, poor control, anything requiring thought rather than instinct and he can't do it.

It's good reading him yesterday saying he wants to become deadly, but I just can't see how that happens.

But get shut as soon as the window opens? Really?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2022, 07:44:03 PM »
I dont think it's spinning it to say to include context myself.
It shouldn't happen at any point in any game, between professional players in the same league. Someone go down for treatment, get cramp, do something to take a breather and the sting out of it.

Embarrassing.

You're talking as if there's a level playing field or even remote parity between us and them. I'm not embarrassed by today. I cannot fathom why anybody would be.
I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't be embarrassed by conceding 3 in 5 minutes.

As its always possible, especially against the best side in the country, playing in their most important game, where they do or die effectively with 15 left. Momentum is huge in any sport.

You're easily embarrassed.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2022, 07:45:01 PM »

Agreed. Love his work rate etc and he seems a lovely guy but if we use him as the main striker we aren’t going anywhere quick. Has got to me more clinical. If he didn’t have pace then no way would he be playing at this level

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2022, 07:45:57 PM »
God Willing
Aston Villa is my religion. Villa Park is my church. McGrath is God.

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2022, 07:47:11 PM »

Agreed. All the best forwards have this skill come naturally... It’s not really something you can ‘learn’. I’d question whether playing him up front is the answer… would he not be better as a winger?

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2022, 07:48:15 PM »
So.

We brought in Nakamba to sure up the defence and see the game out.

Then fell apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal