collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Burnley Pre-Match Thread - Thursday, 19th at 8pm  (Read 10010 times)

Online ez

Re: Aston Villa v Burnley Pre-Match Thread - Thursday, 19th at 8pm
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2022, 02:00:18 PM »
0-0 bore draw.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2022, 02:29:21 PM »
They do matter to be fair but Sawaris is so rich he could probably use a £6.5m note to wipe his arse with. Wouldn’t worry too much about that side of things.
That doesn't matter, it's about the revenue.  I thought people had got this by now?

Either way, I'll be pissed off if we don't win.  It's already been a dissapointing season, lets finish it with some respectability.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2022, 02:34:11 PM »
And it's LIIIIVE! On Sky Sports for those who can't make it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2022, 02:58:25 PM »
There's also the psychological effect. Eleventh again can be explained away better than dropping to fourteenth.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2022, 03:26:15 PM »
SG needs to win this otherwise finishing 14th would not be acceptable.

Or what really?  Its not going to change any pre season plans or next season.
Want us to finish the season well, its almost last chance saloon for them so they will go for it. An early couple of goals for us.
2-0 (Watkins, McGinn).

The difference between 14th and 11th is about £6.5m in premier league prize money.  That might not sound like much, but for context, Cazoo give us about £10m a year to be our main shirt sponsor.  That's £6.5m that can go straight into our transfer fund, or it could be an extra £30k a week in wages towards someone signed on a 4-year deal - just by finishing 3 places higher over the next week.

I'll be massively pissed off if we take our foot off the gas and show signs of being on the beach.  These results matter.

I was massively pissed off on the opening day of the season that we seemed to be on the beach! And again after Christmas. If our attitude and application was right every week we would have 9 more points than we currently have (two losses to Watford and the capitulation at home to Wolves for a start).

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2022, 03:28:42 PM »
I've voted for a Villa win, but it won't be elegant or convincing.

Online Baldy

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2022, 03:46:44 PM »
Stevie G visits Specsavers, picks Buendia and we win 3-0. Sawaris wipes his arse on a 6.5m note.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 03:53:27 PM »
They do matter to be fair but Sawaris is so rich he could probably use a £6.5m note to wipe his arse with. Wouldn’t worry too much about that side of things.
That doesn't matter, it's about the revenue.  I thought people had got this by now?

Either way, I'll be pissed off if we don't win.  It's already been a dissapointing season, lets finish it with some respectability.

Yes, true.

As i say i do think it matters from the point of view of morale and respectability anyway, i always want to see as many points on the board and as far up the table as we can. And club revenue needs to be considered as well.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2022, 05:55:17 PM »
4-0 to the Villa

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2022, 06:07:45 PM »
Be nice to move up a place or two so hoping for a convincing win but at least if we lose it will be another nail in Leeds' or Everton's coffin. A draw would be the worst result.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2022, 06:36:15 PM »
Dress rehearsal for the big one on Sunday, when Liverpool’s Steve Gerrard attempts to rescue the title away from the plastic mancs.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2022, 07:10:10 PM »
SG needs to win this otherwise finishing 14th would not be acceptable.

Or what really?  Its not going to change any pre season plans or next season.
Want us to finish the season well, its almost last chance saloon for them so they will go for it. An early couple of goals for us.
2-0 (Watkins, McGinn).

The difference between 14th and 11th is about £6.5m in premier league prize money.  That might not sound like much, but for context, Cazoo give us about £10m a year to be our main shirt sponsor.  That's £6.5m that can go straight into our transfer fund, or it could be an extra £30k a week in wages towards someone signed on a 4-year deal - just by finishing 3 places higher over the next week.

I'll be massively pissed off if we take our foot off the gas and show signs of being on the beach.  These results matter.

Not playing down the importance of any of this and i want us to finish strongly like everyone else. I just think that 14th or 11th has no consequence for Gerrards future and pre season plans etc.

Palace was my last game this season as working up in Newcastle Wednesday to Friday, gutted can’t be there for last home game, but hopefully will find a good pub to watch us tonk this lot and make them have to go for the Geordie feckers on Sunday to send Leeds Leeds Leeds down down down.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2022, 07:11:56 PM »
For some reason I’m really really up for this game. I wish it was tomorrow night. I think my brain has become conditioned to matches being crucial at this time of the season.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2022, 08:38:32 PM »
Any ST in the lower holte who cant make it give me a shout - for some strange reason she wants to come

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2022, 08:57:06 PM »
Any ST in the lower holte who cant make it give me a shout - for some strange reason she wants to come

I sit in the lower holte, but my missis will be taking the kids. She wont approve of the swearing, note to self i need to renew before Thursday night!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal