collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 02:05:37 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 02:04:45 PM]

Re: MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 01:56:14 PM]

Re: VAR by LeeB
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: MOTD by The Edge
[Today at 01:51:57 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 01:46:02 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ChicagoLion
[Today at 01:44:19 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Smirker
[Today at 01:42:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa -1 Jon Moss’s Liverpool - 2 Post Match Thread  (Read 23044 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Aston Villa -1 Jon Moss’s Liverpool - 2 Post Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2022, 10:30:51 PM »
Mings is a massive, integral part of us being where we are.
There are probably 15 or 16 teams in the prem where he would be a guaranteed starter every week.
I’m fucking pig sick of fans calling him out for every little mistake he makes, whether those mistakes lead to a goal or not.
Pretty much every goal in every game is due to some sort of ‘mistake’, misjudgment or slip up by someone. It’s the nature of the game.

He’s our captain. Our leader.
One thing he’s not is a fucking ‘idiot’.

Well said Andy.
There was a moment in the second half when the ball was hit long and hard at him, with a number of Liverpool straight on him, he cleared it first time away and it was picked up by one of their players deep in their half. There was a collective groan near me. I honestly don’t know what was expected of him, take the ball down, dribble round three Liverpool players and play a 40 yard through ball?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2022, 10:54:10 PM »
There are probably 15 or 16 teams in the prem where he would be a guaranteed starter every week.
I’m fucking pig sick of fans calling him out for every little mistake he makes, whether those mistakes lead to a goal or not.
Pretty much every goal in every game is due to some sort of ‘mistake’, misjudgment or slip up by someone. It’s the nature of the game.

I agree. To replace him with someone better would cost at least £40 million. The odd mistake aside, I would struggle to think of someone better....
both Mings and Konsa are adequate for where we want to get to. The problem as I see it, is that they are exposed far more than they should be, which is down to us not having the the required quality in the midfield.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2022, 10:59:55 PM »

I agree. To replace him with someone better would cost at least £40 million. The odd mistake aside, I would struggle to think of someone better....
both Mings and Konsa are adequate for where we want to get to. The problem as I see it, is that they are exposed far more than they should be, which is down to us not having the the required quality in the midfield.

This is where I am. I want to see how they get on behind a functioning midfield.

The strikers on the other hand, I’m more sceptical about.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2022, 11:32:26 PM »
The Scousers at work thought the game was like a Derby in terms of atmosphere and how much we got at them. They were collectively shitting bricks in the last 10.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2022, 07:18:54 AM »

Very well said and fully agree. As an example, someone on the match thread concluded after Luiz’s misplaced pass for their second that we need to replace Mings.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2022, 07:44:49 AM »

Well said. Aside from anything, he’s one of the most articulate and intelligent people in football, so never an idiot.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2022, 08:07:26 AM »
I think Mings isn't our problem - yes he makes mistakes but brings way way more positives then negatives

I think both Konsa and Mings have been overly exposed due to a midfield that lacks a DCM which is critical when our full backs roam so much

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2022, 08:27:33 AM »

Well said. It does feel like some of the stick he gets from other clubs fans as well as perhaps some of ours is not all to do with football. But football is used as an excuse to air grievances.

Offline Moonraker

• GM : 22.10.2022
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2022, 09:05:21 AM »
I always try to have an unbiased view (after the game) and believe we were worth a point. My plastic mate who supports Liverpool and watched it from home had such a different view saying that Villa Park is such a difficult place to go to because of the partisan crowd (agreed) like going to Burnley (disagree) but our players went down every time they were touched, our goal was offside, we were dominated throughout etc etc....
He wouldnt have it that the scousers shithouse half the time, but I suppose this sort of discussion is all part of it. And I do agree, Tyrone is such a big part of our side, dont understand the grief he gets given here.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2022, 09:41:33 AM »

Very well said and fully agree. As an example, someone on the match thread concluded after Luiz’s misplaced pass for their second that we need to replace Mings.
I totally agree with everything written except it wasn’t Luiz’s misplaced pass but Chucky’s. Certain players will always get the brunt of the fans criticism and Ings and Luiz get more than their fair share

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2022, 09:42:47 AM »
I didn't think the Liverpool players were particularly bad, they didn't go down any more than average, and certainly nowhere near as bad as the likes of Man U, Tottenham and Brentford who are the worst we've seen at Villa Park this season. It's just that the referee was an absolute arse, consistently giving them free kicks they didn't even claim for.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2022, 09:46:59 AM »

Fuckin' amen!

He's our Emperor.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2022, 09:48:30 AM »
Henry Winter was waxing lyrical about our support and the atmosphere last night at Villa Park in The Times today - sorry but I don’t have a link

The atmosphere at Villa Park is always ramped up when there's a dodgy referee.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2022, 09:57:36 AM »
I didn't think the Liverpool players were particularly bad, they didn't go down any more than average, and certainly nowhere near as bad as the likes of Man U, Tottenham and Brentford who are the worst we've seen at Villa Park this season. It's just that the referee was an absolute arse, consistently giving them free kicks they didn't even claim for.

The way the game panned out it was never really in their best interests to time waste too badly. You never a see a player going down at the slightest touch and rolling around like they've been shot when it's 1-1 and both teams want to win.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2022, 09:58:20 AM »
Henry Winter was waxing lyrical about our support and the atmosphere last night at Villa Park in The Times today - sorry but I don’t have a link

The atmosphere at Villa Park is always ramped up when there's a dodgy referee.

The atmosphere always seems better under the lights. On the Liverpool forums they were complaining about us having Everton-like levels of hate for them, wondering what it was all about. Must have been surprising given that they're our "second favourite team" apparently.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/imperious-virgil-van-dijk-helps-liverpool-out-of-a-tight-spot-tr67nb2bs

I don't think Henry Winter is a Villa fan but he certainly seems to have a huge soft spot for us. Always speaks of us favourably and mentions The Holte 4 times in the article above.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal