collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mark Delaney  (Read 9745 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Mark Delaney
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2022, 11:27:33 AM »
Or someone who is mates with the manager. This has the horrible O'Neillian feeling of one man with more power/influence than is good for us.   

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2022, 11:29:55 AM »
Not to me, the club has a completely different structure now. We aren't run by someone who had the Cleveland Browns winning one or two games every season, we are run by people who signed the best player and won the biggest trophy in basketball. They understand how to structure a successful team.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2022, 11:32:33 AM »
Or someone who is mates with the manager. This has the horrible O'Neillian feeling of one man with more power/influence than is good for us.   

This is how I currently see it as well. I hope I am wrong.

Offline colin69

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2022, 12:21:04 PM »
Feel very disappointed for Mark, but I guess we’ll have to see who comes in.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2022, 12:53:21 PM »
Apparently Jedinak was going to be sacked but no one had the balls to tell him after he gave them one of his long stares

"Take a seat Mile"

"No mate, I'll stand. What do you want?

*STARE*

"Err, nothing, actually would you like a new contract? And a biscuit? Here, take my car"

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2022, 01:12:06 PM »
Not to me, the club has a completely different structure now. We aren't run by someone who had the Cleveland Browns winning one or two games every season, we are run by people who signed the best player and won the biggest trophy in basketball. They understand how to structure a successful team.

Exactly. O'Neill was a man who wanted to spend too much money on ordinary players. He worked for an owner with limited funds, who knew nothing about football and who'd employed two of his similarly clueless mates to run things. It was an absolute recipe for disaster. Now we have two absolutely minted owners, one of who has reached the pinnacle of his sport in the US. They've employed experienced and competent executives, and they haven't got many of the big decisions wrong so far. We can't get our bottom lip out just because a popular ex-player has been let go from a position. We don't fully know what his remit was or how he was judged on it or who is coming in to replace him.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2022, 01:24:32 PM »
No Sid or Della at the club anymore. Is Boateng the only ex-player link now remaining? Gerrard probably plotting to give him the heave-ho too...Still feels bitter for the wreckless challenge on George that got him a red card against Villa when we won 3-1 at Anfield two days before 9/11 (when we wore that brilliantly awful silver away kit).

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2022, 01:32:12 PM »
No Sid or Della at the club anymore. Is Boateng the only ex-player link now remaining? Gerrard probably plotting to give him the heave-ho too...Still feels bitter for the wreckless challenge on George that got him a red card against Villa when we won 3-1 at Anfield two days before 9/11 (when we wore that brilliantly awful silver away kit).

Or not planning to give him the heave ho at all perhaps. Mile Jedinak is another ex-player in the coaching set up, as is Neil Cutler.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2022, 01:35:53 PM »
Was not being entirely serious.
Didn't consider Jedinak as his role is more administrative, while Cutler's playing career at the Villa is less memorable than Gustavo Bartelt's.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2022, 06:45:28 PM »
Aren't Ian Taylor and Brian Little employed by Villa in some capacity?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2022, 06:59:30 PM »
Aren't Ian Taylor and Brian Little employed by Villa in some capacity?

I think Taylor does some sort of ambassador work. Whether he gets paid I don't know. Little does whatever he wants and invokes the wrath of the Lord on anyone who tries to stop him.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2022, 07:29:21 PM »

This is how I currently see it as well. I hope I am wrong.
I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t a concern - but I guess I’m currently in Risso school of thinking.  These owners know what there doing - but it does feel like the current setup is betting the jobs on SG being the one

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2022, 07:33:36 PM »
I hope everyone is wrong on this. Randy Learner seemed to have everything right from the start and it was a great new Dawn and a proud time at the Villa. It all went very wrong though and that was probably due to this regime running the football side of things.

We seem to have great owners again and it surely can’t go the same way can it?

As regards Delaney, gutted for him, I have no idea if he’s any good I must confess, however he was  a cracking full back and has been part of the club for a very long time.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2022, 07:36:29 PM »
I think its ingrained in all of us that were expecting it will all go wrong at some point.
Lets hope the faith the club seem to be showing the manager sees clear improvement next season.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2022, 07:52:04 PM »
I think its ingrained in all of us that were expecting it will all go wrong at some point.
Lets hope the faith the club seem to be showing the manager sees clear improvement next season.
Yes that’s exactly it - if it feels too good to be true it is

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal