collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley 1-3 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 14261 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Burnley 1-3 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 05:11:33 PM »
We nullified most of their attacks quite easily so the midfield did their job. Bundia the pick of the bunch but all played well really. Chucky looked very good for his brief time on. On that showing we should try and keep.  The consolation goal pissed me off. Too casual at the back with our tippy tappy stuff, we should have been pushing for more goals.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2022, 05:12:00 PM »
Gerrard will be happy with the result and overall display but I am sure that late goal will really fuck him off

Konsa shouldnt have been attempting to play offside anyway and Mings was asleep. Konsa had a poor game.

I think Konsa will lose his starting place next season. He’s not been good enough for a player who set very high standards.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2022, 05:12:47 PM »
Good stuff, any away win is good but even better when it was never really in doubt against a team in form.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2022, 05:12:53 PM »
A welcome 3 points.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2022, 05:13:21 PM »
Very impressive win against an in form team, good to see Emi scoring and also the dynamic duo. Bring on Liverpool.

Up the Villa

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2022, 05:13:30 PM »
I'm not surprised. He's a pragmatic. Boring looks to grind out 1-0 wins.
Also practicing for Liverpool and having backs to wall defending. Gosh wish season was over.
Back to the 3-5-2 is it?
This guy Gerrard ain't fooling me!

I believe he is.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2022, 05:14:45 PM »
Haven't seen or heard anything about the match apart from checking the score online but absolutely delighted with another win.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2022, 05:17:42 PM »
Excellent performance from the lads. Gerrard got it spot on with his team selection and the fresh legs made all the difference. I love the way we now have options on the bench and we now have the players to switch our formation mid game. Gerrard is learning this and learning quickly. Switched off badly for the Burnley goal but that's not going to spoil the night. UTFV

Offline Allan C

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2022, 05:20:55 PM »
This is a great result against an in form team. Love it when both main strikers score too. Only negative for me is that it might help prevent Everton from going down. Ahh well !!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2022, 05:22:31 PM »
I only put it on late in the first half but I think having Chambers sit in and do the basics allowed Luiz and McGinn the freedom to play their own game and we looked much better for it. An early goal always distorts things a little because the opposition game plan goes out the window (to an extent) but even accounting for that most of what I saw was us looking dominant in midfield and them creating nothing much until we lost a bit of concentration in the last few minutes.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2022, 05:23:33 PM »
Gerrard will be happy with the result and overall display but I am sure that late goal will really fuck him off

Konsa shouldnt have been attempting to play offside anyway and Mings was asleep. Konsa had a poor game.

I think Konsa will lose his starting place next season. He’s not been good enough for a player who set very high standards.
I think he still has the ability to be a top player. Something seems to have got to him and is affecting his game. Could be something in his personal life. Who knows? But I'm backing him to come good again.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2022, 05:24:04 PM »
This is a great result against an in form team. Love it when both main strikers score too. Only negative for me is that it might help prevent Everton from going down. Ahh well !!

Yep, Burnley we’re absolutely flying and we completely neutralized them by the team selection and formation. A good day from the staff and players taking the sting out of Burnley from the very start

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2022, 05:24:21 PM »
I'm not surprised. He's a pragmatic. Boring looks to grind out 1-0 wins.
Also practicing for Liverpool and having backs to wall defending. Gosh wish season was over.
Back to the 3-5-2 is it?
This guy Gerrard ain't fooling me!

I believe he is.

I have to say I was surprised with the result as didn't see that win coming based on Burnley form and stakes .
Credit though the team and coaching staff to out together a system and performance to comfortably win.
Of course quality told and that showed
It also shows Buendia is one to have in the outset very much so.
Great win and it was good that I was fooled into thinking be a tepid effort by the boys when very much wasn't.
Up the Villa!

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2022, 05:25:12 PM »
How Emi M didn't get a yellow for time-wasting has to be one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe. He was totally winding up the Burnley players and fans for the entire game - loved it !

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2022, 05:28:55 PM »
Hopefully we can relegate Burnley in the home match soon....horrible style of play, as for Arsehole Ben Mee!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal