collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley 1-3 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 14225 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Burnley 1-3 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2022, 11:53:17 AM »
Cracking away game, performance and result. Each player was at it. No poor performances. Villa looked dangerous every time we got in the Burnley half. Also a 90 min performance and we haven't seen many if those this season.

The MoTD highlights showed bugger-all between Matthew Cash's drive and shot in the 60th minute and Burnley's breakaway consolation in injury time. So what the fcuk did we do for the last half hour?

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2022, 12:11:55 PM »
I've been very critical of Ings this season so its only fair that he deserves some praise for yesterdays performance.

That was more like the Ings that I thought we had signed and perhaps the situations on and off the field have contributed to a poor season for him.
From the comments Gerrard has made he sounds like hes very critical of himself and if he's still here next season I think we might see a vast improvement.

Buendia was excellent, he did a fantastic job of finding space in between the lines. Its an interesting decision Gerrard has to make as Dave mentions in his article it looks like Watkins and Ings can play together but now what do we do with the Coutinho/Buendia dilemma?

I'm pretty sure its a Dilemma most Managers would love to have and least it takes the pressure off us if we decide that his wages could be spent elsewhere. Personally I love Coutinho and almost with his first touch yesterday he killed the ball dead and nutmegged a Burnley player.

I've said it on here before but Coutinho could nutmeg a Mermaid.

Can you have a balanced team with Ings,Watkins, Buendia and Coutinho all starting? I'm not sure why not and I'd love to see that team sheet sent over to the opposition changing room.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2022, 12:19:46 PM »
So it was a diamond formation yesterday ?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2022, 12:31:23 PM »
I’d rather play Buendia and Coutinho with either Ings or Watkins
The linkup play and psychology between those two is still pretty poor for me

Also I think Buendia and Coutinho will be with us next season I don’t think Both of the other two will be
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 12:33:44 PM by john e »

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2022, 12:47:29 PM »
Some lad on Twitter posted last night that he was racially abused by some Burnley fan next to the away end. Giving him monkey chants with associated gestures. Apparently his fellow Villa fans stood up for him, didn’t ignore it, and the police got involved. Can’t find the thread now but pretty shocking. Poor kid was clearly upset by it on the thread last night.
Well played to the Villa fans who supported him. Nasty  people like that need to be brought to book. Hope the police severely deal with him and his associates.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2022, 12:51:29 PM »
Are H and V forumites saying the Aston Villa Liverpool pre match thread likely to come along after the matches today . So perhaps this Sunday evening ?
And permission to ask when the fixtures come out for next season can we start the pre match thread that very day for our first game!
Next season and new season enthusiasm and all that.
Up the Villa

« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 12:54:41 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2022, 01:03:29 PM »
You're as welcome to start a pre-match thread as anybody else Footy. I'm with you, the earlier the better. The fixtures won't be out until the winner of the Championship play off final is known.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2022, 01:06:18 PM »
I find such a responsibility too great and would give excuse for some to blame me if result was negative
Anyway if not tonight will be tomorrow I'm sure.
Wondering if SG will change things up a little despite it being a great result and some very good play yesterday.
Shame if Buendia doesn't get another start.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2022, 01:06:41 PM »
Some lad on Twitter posted last night that he was racially abused by some Burnley fan next to the away end. Giving him monkey chants with associated gestures. Apparently his fellow Villa fans stood up for him, didn’t ignore it, and the police got involved. Can’t find the thread now but pretty shocking. Poor kid was clearly upset by it on the thread last night.

Yes I saw that Stu, utterly disgraceful. He posted a picture of the racist, and he looked exactly how you'd expect a fat, bald racist from Burnley to look.
Oh that's not fair. Some of my best friends are fat, bald white men ;D

Yes, but almost certainly not from Burnley though

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2022, 01:42:54 PM »
I think the fixtures traditionally come out the third Thursday of June (wasn't Deadline Day the last Thursday in March?!) but I don't know if there is patience for such quirks in today's football commerce.

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2022, 02:04:54 PM »
I think the fixtures traditionally come out the third Thursday of June (wasn't Deadline Day the last Thursday in March?!) but I don't know if there is patience for such quirks in today's football commerce.
I read somewhere the other day that they're out on the 16th.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2022, 02:22:16 PM »

Yes I saw that Stu, utterly disgraceful. He posted a picture of the racist, and he looked exactly how you'd expect a fat, bald racist from Burnley to look.
Oh that's not fair. Some of my best friends are fat, bald white men ;D

Yes, but almost certainly not from Burnley though
That's true. In fact I don't know anyone from Burnley.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2022, 04:35:56 PM »
We look a different propostition with an effective screen in front of the defence, thought Chambers did very well yesterday.  Buendia had a very effecticve game also.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2022, 05:25:45 PM »
Anyone else notice how many female coppers there were around the ground yesterday? And many of them were rather good-looking.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2022, 06:03:01 PM »
Anyone else notice how many female coppers there were around the ground yesterday? And many of them were rather good-looking.
It’s the only way they can be left alone by the fat bald men in Burnleh

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal