collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Norwich City Pre-Match Thread  (Read 14453 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa vs Norwich City Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2022, 08:44:23 AM »
I'll clap Smith whne he comes out because he deserves that but I hope we then go and give them a jolly good thumping. 

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2022, 09:06:49 AM »
I'll clap Smith whne he comes out because he deserves that but I hope we then go and give them a jolly good thumping. 

I think that's about right

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2022, 09:22:57 AM »
It's an emotional one for sure tomorrow.
Bottom line is for the rest of perhaps everybodys life time, no other manager will have that rapport Dean Smith had.

That press conference video oozes class. Oh how I miss him and how he talks about our team now he has to talk about some team else . Life is unfair sometimes
https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/full-press-conference-dean-smith-previews-citys-trip-to-aston-villa

"You need a subscription to access this content."

You've actually paid good money to watch another team's pre-match press conference?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2022, 09:23:24 AM »

Yep.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2022, 10:35:00 AM »
From a few of the posts on here you'd never know that Norwich are fucking shit and have been odds on to go down since about October.

I think tomorrow looks a lot like Brighton away where we'd had a few bad results before it but you could see that we were starting to find some form. I think we'll sneak a fairly early lead to settle nerves and end up with a comfy 3-0 with Watkins getting at least 1 of them.

In what world do we look like ‘we’re starting to find some form’?

We haven’t won in 5 games and have scored 2 goals in those games.

We shouldn’t even really be having to debate if we’ll beat Norwich or not. But here we are.

Offline postal

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2022, 11:39:08 AM »
Norwich will park a mini-bus ( they aren't good enough for a full bus) and hope to hit our flaky defence on the break.

But we should get at least 2 goals, but I won't be surprised if they do nick one.

DS will get a good welcome, but that's all they should get.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:45:11 AM by postal »

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2022, 11:54:16 AM »
Deano will get a great reception and so he should. Not just because he’s one of us but because of the class he showed at all times during his tenure - I’d take that over half the tossers that are wasted on the game these days.

But it’s a big game and he will come here determined to win as we would expect him too.

Can be no complacency. Win and things look a bit better, lose and the concerns will just grow.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2022, 12:14:50 PM »
Unlike the last 'legend' to grace our hallowed turf (*who CHOSE to leave), Dean Smith will get my whole hearted applause pre and post match.

Aired my frustrations with him on here quite frequently during his tenure, but there can be no doubt that he turned our club around, giving us a bit of pride back in the place, and for that we should be forever grateful.

However, as soon as that whistle blows at kick-off, he can fuck right off and be on the end of a 6-0 pasting! ;)  #UTV

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2022, 12:48:41 PM »

Exactly. Give him a clap before the game, then a nice little rendition of 'Dean Smith, he's claret and Blue' when we're 3-0 up in the 85th minute.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2022, 02:04:39 PM »
I'm happy with the starting line up.

Great to see Tim start, Chambers also deserves his chance and a earlier than thought return for Digne.

Although would have liked to see Buendia start.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2022, 02:06:59 PM »
My only worry now is that Rashica, who has demonstrated that we would have wasted a lot of money had we bought him, will turn in some ridiculously unplayable performance.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2022, 02:10:10 PM »
I'm happy with the starting line up.

Great to see Tim start, Chambers also deserves his chance and a earlier than thought return for Digne.
Looks decent to me too.

Deano: thanks for everything (especially promotion) & you'll always be a beloved Villa legend, but we have to thrash you today just to settle our last few nerves.

PS Please beat Bl*es & Alb*on next season for us with Norwich. Thanks! XXX

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal