collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:18:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 780512 times)

Offline jwarry

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #4395 on: August 16, 2022, 04:00:20 PM »
I did feel sad/pissed-off reading about Chelsea's bid for Gordon, a floppy-haired kid with plenty of talent but showing it for his hometown club. On the back of their purchase of Chuck, the whole thing just feels rigged. And I know we do it at a lower level.

Why bother holding any player close to your heart when the vultures will pluck them as soon as they start paying attention they deem half-decent?

I know what you mean, but Everton are in a weak position to resist as a result of their own incompetence.

Will Gordon be the new Franny Jeffers if he moves south.

Jeffers had a lot more on his CV than Gordon at the time of his move. So had Ross Barkley. Both spectacular flops and careers in free fall pretty quickly afterwards. Everton have a new stadium to pay for that must require PL status to service the debt. Sell Gordon who has little more than potential from what I can see and get in some decent forwards might be a better bet for survival.

Chelsea appear to be in a last minute shopping dash buying anyone and everyone this summer. Like how would Chucky even get a sniff of an appearance up against maybe de Jong, Kovacic, Kante, Jorginho, Mount....he won't. Such a vile business model, stockpile these lads and loan them out for fees around Europe.

Pretty obvious Chucks agent has been sold a pup. He’s getting nowhere near the first team anytime soon but I bet they said he would.  This is money men making money

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4396 on: August 16, 2022, 04:11:33 PM »
I did feel sad/pissed-off reading about Chelsea's bid for Gordon, a floppy-haired kid with plenty of talent but showing it for his hometown club. On the back of their purchase of Chuck, the whole thing just feels rigged. And I know we do it at a lower level.

Why bother holding any player close to your heart when the vultures will pluck them as soon as they start paying attention they deem half-decent?

I know what you mean, but Everton are in a weak position to resist as a result of their own incompetence.

Jeffers had a lot more on his CV than Gordon at the time of his move. So had Ross Barkley. Both spectacular flops and careers in free fall pretty quickly afterwards. Everton have a new stadium to pay for that must require PL status to service the debt. Sell Gordon who has little more than potential from what I can see and get in some decent forwards might be a better bet for survival.

Chelsea appear to be in a last minute shopping dash buying anyone and everyone this summer. Like how would Chucky even get a sniff of an appearance up against maybe de Jong, Kovacic, Kante, Jorginho, Mount....he won't. Such a vile business model, stockpile these lads and loan them out for fees around Europe.

Pretty obvious Chucks agent has been sold a pup. He’s getting nowhere near the first team anytime soon but I bet they said he would.  This is money men making money
I am sure his Agent full of remorse.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #4397 on: August 16, 2022, 04:15:58 PM »

CC is well and truly in for a rough road ahead.. Chelsea looks to have agreed a deal for Cesare Casadei (CM, 19 y/o) from Inter.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #4398 on: August 16, 2022, 05:27:54 PM »

I am sure his Agent full of remorse.

While he fans himself with his millions

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #4399 on: August 16, 2022, 06:35:41 PM »
We're being linked with Callum Hudson-Odoi. Nor sure about this one. Seems an odd signing and is he even that good? What makes him better than Bertie?

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4400 on: August 16, 2022, 06:42:16 PM »
Cant see it - we dont play wingers. 

I wouldnt be surprised if we end up with conor gallagher, but not sure if he is actually any better than what we have. 

Pulisic wants out - I could get onboard with that

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4401 on: August 16, 2022, 06:51:51 PM »
Cant see it - we dont play wingers. 

I wouldnt be surprised if we end up with conor gallagher, but not sure if he is actually any better than what we have. 

Pulisic wants out - I could get onboard with that
He is better than sjm for starters

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #4402 on: August 16, 2022, 07:08:44 PM »
Gallagher looks a good player to me.

Hudson Odoi could be very good with decent run of games.

I really don't want Rob Holding

Fekir would be an interesting addition

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4403 on: August 16, 2022, 07:29:33 PM »
We're being linked with Callum Hudson-Odoi. Nor sure about this one. Seems an odd signing and is he even that good? What makes him better than Bertie?

He's not a bad player really but whether we need him is another thing.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4404 on: August 16, 2022, 07:31:45 PM »

I've only skimmed the thread, so apologies if this is old news, but have we been linked with Fekir?

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #4405 on: August 16, 2022, 07:32:57 PM »

I've only skimmed the thread, so apologies if this is old news, but have we been linked with Fekir?

who the Fekir ??

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #4406 on: August 16, 2022, 08:46:13 PM »
First I’ve heard about Fekir, can’t see that with Buendia and Coutinho  on board. If there’s any truth in Forrest after Aouar that could be worth a look.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4407 on: August 16, 2022, 08:59:44 PM »

As long as he doesn't bring Delph back with him.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #4408 on: August 16, 2022, 09:03:27 PM »

As long as he doesn't bring Delph back with him.

Yes, one Fekir would be quite enough.

richtheholtender

« Reply #4409 on: August 16, 2022, 09:11:24 PM »
To think we started this thread with £60 million rumour for phillips

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal