collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 795744 times)

Offline Goldenballs

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #1515 on: May 28, 2022, 10:10:34 AM »
Wrong topic, soz.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1516 on: May 28, 2022, 10:14:47 AM »
What channel is the champs league final on? Hope its not BT with Steve fucking McManaman. It would be nice to have some balanced commentary, not all people in the UK want Liverpool to win, can't stand the baised comms when an English team is involved, acting all down and depressed if a foreign team dares to take the lead.

Unfortunately can't see past a Liverpool win and an enormous wankfest.

BT. Also available free on YouTube.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #1517 on: May 28, 2022, 10:17:30 AM »
What channel is the champs league final on? Hope its not BT with Steve fucking McManaman. It would be nice to have some balanced commentary, not all people in the UK want Liverpool to win, can't stand the baised comms when an English team is involved, acting all down and depressed if a foreign team dares to take the lead.

BT. Also available free on YouTube.

Foreign channels for me then. Thank god for iptv.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #1518 on: May 28, 2022, 10:19:28 AM »
Virgin channel 532

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1519 on: May 28, 2022, 10:40:23 AM »
It would be madness to let Mings go. He has over 100 Premier League appearances which is valuable experience. Admittedly, there's errors, but he blocks and clears numerous shots and crosses away. People seem to forget that it's 5 subs allowed next season. You need a strong bench with plenty of depth. This new ruling will only favour the so called top four even further, as if they haven't got enough advantage already!

5 subs is a nonsense as we see in the CL. Just a means of running down the clock late on in games.

Centre back isn't a position that is rotated too often, particularly for clubs not playing European football. If Carlos has been brought into play LCB then almost certainly Mings will move on. He will have his pick of midtable clubs. It's the same with Targett. With Mings it does seem a harsh enough call on the face of it but bringing the ball out from the back is definitely not his game.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1520 on: May 28, 2022, 10:41:51 AM »
Assume you can still only make subs in three different intervals? So it wouldn't be any better way of running the clock down than three subs. Unless the rules have changed, I haven't watched any Champions League games, admittedly.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1521 on: May 28, 2022, 10:43:42 AM »
It would be madness to let Mings go. He has over 100 Premier League appearances which is valuable experience. Admittedly, there's errors, but he blocks and clears numerous shots and crosses away. People seem to forget that it's 5 subs allowed next season. You need a strong bench with plenty of depth. This new ruling will only favour the so called top four even further, as if they haven't got enough advantage already!

5 subs is a nonsense as we see in the CL. Just a means of running down the clock late on in games.

Centre back isn't a position that is rotated too often, particularly for clubs not playing European football. If Carlos has been brought into play LCB then almost certainly Mings will move on. He will have his pick of midtable clubs. It's the same with Targett. With Mings it does seem a harsh enough call on the face of it but bringing the ball out from the back is definitely not his game.

The last two periods of extra time I've watched have been 30 minutes of subs, drinks breaks and cramp workshops, an absolute nonsense.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1522 on: May 28, 2022, 12:04:52 PM »
West Ham linked to a big bid for McGinn (£50m) today. If Soucek is unsettled I wouldn’t be averse to a swap deal.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1523 on: May 28, 2022, 12:14:55 PM »
West Ham linked to a big bid for McGinn (£50m) today. If Soucek is unsettled I wouldn’t be averse to a swap deal.

Now we have a DM I wouldn't be selling McGinn. His passing has driven me mad of late but hopefully he'll be higher up the pitch now.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1524 on: May 28, 2022, 12:35:21 PM »
Assume you can still only make subs in three different intervals? So it wouldn't be any better way of running the clock down than three subs. Unless the rules have changed, I haven't watched any Champions League games, admittedly.

3 intervals plus half-time.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1525 on: May 28, 2022, 12:46:09 PM »

Mcmanaman is dreadful but guess he played successfully for both teams. That matey bants that Jake sycophant goes on with the likes of Rio, Mcmanaman et al on BT is horrid. I like Scholes, he's a right contrary f*cker, but called out Solskjaer and some of those United players earlier in the year before it was popular to do so.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1526 on: May 28, 2022, 12:47:54 PM »

3 intervals plus half-time.

Ta. So wouldn't really contribute to time wasting any more than the current system.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1527 on: May 28, 2022, 01:22:41 PM »
BT Sport is like a rogues gallery. McManaman, Ferdinand and Savage. McManaman couldn't hide his bias if his life depended on it, Ferdinand thinks his opinion is more important than anyone else's and Savage is Savage.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1528 on: May 28, 2022, 01:32:24 PM »

Yeah, no

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1529 on: May 28, 2022, 01:53:58 PM »
West Ham linked to a big bid for McGinn (£50m) today.

Now we have a DM I wouldn't be selling McGinn. His passing has driven me mad of late but hopefully he'll be higher up the pitch now.

It's a tricky one, love his attitude (as does Gerrard IMO) but selling McGinn for 50m would free up a lot of space wrt FFP. Could it be argued that Luiz has more upside ability wise if he has 1 or 2 DMs sitting behind protecting the defence? OTOH he has a tendency to lose runners from midfield which has cost us this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal