collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by eamonn
[Today at 01:21:26 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by frank black
[Today at 01:19:41 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by eamonn
[Today at 01:18:48 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 01:17:43 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 01:17:12 PM]

Re: FFP by astonvilla82
[Today at 01:15:24 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by chrisw1
[Today at 01:04:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lucas Digne - Signed  (Read 123123 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Lucas Digne - Signed
« Reply #780 on: February 04, 2023, 05:46:33 PM »
On a positive note, at least he lasted 45 minutes this time.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #781 on: February 04, 2023, 05:48:07 PM »
Bit of a scapegoat now.

I thought he was decent going forward. Seen some blaming him for 3rd, really? I think second he should've seen Ihenacho drifting off Mings and tucking in as all FBs need to do when a cross is being swung in.

Seen him play worse for us.

For their second he was definitely most at fault - he had no idea Iheanacho was there, and in any case, wasn't positioned where he should have been.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #782 on: February 04, 2023, 05:54:25 PM »
Bit of a scapegoat now.

I thought he was decent going forward. Seen some blaming him for 3rd, really? I think second he should've seen Ihenacho drifting off Mings and tucking in as all FBs need to do when a cross is being swung in.

Seen him play worse for us.

For their second he was definitely most at fault - he had no idea Iheanacho was there, and in any case, wasn't positioned where he should have been.

The problem came slightly earlier than that, Mings headed it clear and he ran to mark castagne (I think) who already covered by Buendia instead of filtering in the close the space. He realised he was in the wrong and took a few steps in but was totally out of position once the cross came in.

As someone said above, swap sides and Young who's smaller and lighter gets in the way and stops that. It's frustrating because I think he had a decent game other than that mistake.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #783 on: February 04, 2023, 05:58:05 PM »
I definitely don't see enough in Moreno compared to Digne so far to think that left-back is where we should have focused all our first team transfer energy in January.

If you made a list of all their pros and cons, it's pretty much the same list twice, isn't it?

With probably speed (Moreno) and set pieces (Digne) being the differences.

I thought Moreno was a lot better going forward than Digne. Looks dangerous in the opposition box, just not fully on same wavelength as Buendia et al. He looks a very average defender, mind.

He looks more likely to dribble it past someone, sure.

But Digne's crosses seem to end up in the same postcode as whoever has accidentally found themselves in the box, whereas I reckon Moreno and Cash could probably have a lovely time over-hitting crosses to each other for a whole ninety minutes.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #784 on: February 04, 2023, 06:01:24 PM »
I definitely don't see enough in Moreno compared to Digne so far to think that left-back is where we should have focused all our first team transfer energy in January.

If you made a list of all their pros and cons, it's pretty much the same list twice, isn't it?

I thought Moreno was a lot better going forward than Digne. Looks dangerous in the opposition box, just not fully on same wavelength as Buendia et al. He looks a very average defender, mind.

But Digne's crosses seem to end up in the same postcode as whoever has accidentally found themselves in the box, whereas I reckon Moreno and Cash could probably have a lovely time over-hitting crosses to each other for a whole ninety minutes.

bit harsh given Moreno crossed for our disallowed goal and for one that Bailey should've done better with.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #785 on: February 04, 2023, 06:01:52 PM »

His stats when we signed him backed that up. Much better than Digne at dribbling but worse at crossing. Certainly doesn't look to be a player we won't be trying to upgrade again in a year or two.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #786 on: February 04, 2023, 08:21:31 PM »
From what I’ve seen, Digne is extremely fortunate to have played for such illustrious clubs.

Not a patch on Alan Wright or Staunton.

Offline Oklahoma

« Reply #787 on: February 05, 2023, 10:48:10 PM »
I’d take the Leicester guy, who was making his debut, over all 4 Villa full back options.

Such a disappointment yesterday. It seems we are some distance from getting the home form right. Emery is, I’m sure, trying desperately hard to show the home supporters a vibrant style and a winning team…..I have absolutely no doubt we will get there under UE.

UTV

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #788 on: February 06, 2023, 09:18:01 AM »
I’d take the Leicester guy, who was making his debut, over all 4 Villa full back options.

Such a disappointment yesterday. It seems we are some distance from getting the home form right. Emery is, I’m sure, trying desperately hard to show the home supporters a vibrant style and a winning team…..I have absolutely no doubt we will get there under UE.
UTV
Agreed, I thought Christianssen was immense on Lesta's left. Him and Tete were their stand-out players, both debuting.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #789 on: February 06, 2023, 10:35:39 AM »

UTV
Agreed, I thought Christianssen was immense on Lesta's left. Him and Tete were their stand-out players, both debuting.

Nah, not having it. Everyone knows that it's impossible to sign anything but wasteful dross in January, therefore there's no point trying.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #790 on: February 06, 2023, 10:41:24 AM »
I was worried about Tete before the match, and hoped that his work permit wouldn't come through in time. Sadly it did, and he took the piss in a way that you rarely if ever see from Bailey.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #791 on: February 06, 2023, 10:42:36 AM »
Yeah, looks like Leicester have done some good recruitment again.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #792 on: February 06, 2023, 08:20:00 PM »

UTV
To be fair Christiansen was only up against Bailey who was blatantly not interested after he'd got an early softener in.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #793 on: February 07, 2023, 12:25:43 PM »
If you see the Emery Presser vs. Leicester match Unai's use of forgeting Digne to fool us all is pretty clever. 11m 47 minutes into the video when asked about team news. El Maestro was saying who is and isn't avaliable and aboit players who are injured . We believe he's mentioned all there is to to know but wait! After a long moment and reluctance, he asks a companion, something like "Who else?" Wow Digne! -(I'm paraphrasing), but in a way to suggest he simply training. When he spoke more on McGinn to come in if needed.

Excellent work, Emery! His use of reverse psychology is really clever! Or should that be reserves psychology!

Another reason why Emery stands out.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #794 on: February 07, 2023, 12:27:51 PM »
Or African Reverser psychology

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal