collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brentford vs Aston Villa match thread  (Read 22832 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Brentford vs Aston Villa match thread
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2022, 01:30:35 PM »
Blimey. Quite a few missing. Covid related?

cameron  on bench ;]

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2022, 01:31:26 PM »
Despite their poor run, Brentford give everybody a game, I thought they were the better team against Watford and kept fighting right until the end. Fortunately they've got loads of players out so there really shouldn't be any excuses but I'm still expecting a tough game.

Glad Ollie has been dropped. He needs a rest and has generally been poor in recent games despite a goal and all the effort he puts in. Having SJM back is vital to the way we play and the battle in midfield I expect today.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2022, 01:32:27 PM »
Not a very good place to have a lot of youngsters on in my view as its a intimidating place to go. Hopefully they thrive under this kind of environment.

They do have a good atmosphere going since they've had fans back, proper right on top of the pitch stadium.

'Intimidating' isn't a word that springs to mind on the very rare occasions I think of Brentford.

They do have a good atmosphere going since they've had fans back, proper right on top of the pitch stadium.

Hey dude, don't be afraid...

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2022, 01:33:19 PM »
Surprised to see Feeney on the bench, he's only 16! Not sure how many times he's played for the U23's. Presumably Bogarde isn't available for selection as I would have thought he would have made the bench.

I like seeing some youth on the bench. When you've got a choice of 9 subs, I would expect clubs to have a mix on their bench. Even the likes of Man City so it doesn't impress me when I see Pep moaning about having 4 kids on the bench.

From @academyavfc Twitter feed

Understand that Lamare Bogarde is in the Netherlands visiting family, so wouldn’t have been available, due to current restrictions, to make it back in time to feature today.

Thanks.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2022, 01:33:34 PM »
Despite their poor run, Brentford give everybody a game, I thought they were the better team against Watford and kept fighting right until the end. Fortunately they've got loads of players out so there really shouldn't be any excuses but I'm still expecting a tough game.

Glad Ollie has been dropped. He needs a rest and has generally been poor in recent games despite a goal and all the effort he puts in. Having SJM back is vital to the way we play and the battle in midfield I expect today.
Has Ollie been dropped?

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2022, 01:35:41 PM »

Has Ollie been dropped?

I can't believe he wouldn't even have been on the bench if he was available. Has to be Covid related or a knock surely?

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2022, 01:36:14 PM »
Are Villa actually playing  today? You wouldn't know it watching Sky so far. It's all about Lukaku.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2022, 01:37:17 PM »
The Lukaku situation is interesting tbf, but not for 45 minutes.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2022, 01:37:40 PM »
how come  they  talking  bout lakuku   not villa

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2022, 01:38:20 PM »
Nothing to do with the rumours about Arse wanting our Ollie?

Offline frank black

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2022, 01:38:24 PM »

Has Ollie been dropped?

No way on earth has Ollie been dropped 😂 must be illness/injury

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2022, 01:38:27 PM »
Surprised to see Feeney on the bench, he's only 16! Not sure how many times he's played for the U23's. Presumably Bogarde isn't available for selection as I would have thought he would have made the bench.

I like seeing some youth on the bench. When you've got a choice of 9 subs, I would expect clubs to have a mix on their bench. Even the likes of Man City so it doesn't impress me when I see Pep moaning about having 4 kids on the bench.

He's the one we got from Fleetwood.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2022, 01:38:37 PM »
how come  they  talking  bout lakuku   not villa

This is exactly why I don’t want any pre match BS on Sky

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2022, 01:38:44 PM »
Are Villa actually playing  today? You wouldn't know it watching Sky so far. It's all about Lukaku.

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.

Perhaps Sky should avoid the inconvenience of another football match impeding their discussions about the psychodrama at Chelsea and just stay with the studio for the next two hours.

Total joke.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 01:41:21 PM by Bobby Boy »

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2022, 01:38:52 PM »
The Lukaku situation is interesting tbf, but not for 45 minutes.

It's ridiculous. They're not even discussing either match, just Lukaku, who isn't even playing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal