collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 12:03:01 PM]

Re: Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by Matt C
[Today at 12:02:55 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 12:01:37 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Stu82
[Today at 12:00:07 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 11:55:47 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Ads
[Today at 11:50:23 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:43:57 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:43:40 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Chelsea Post-Match Thread  (Read 21104 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2021, 07:54:20 PM »
Think some serious questions need to asked about our summer business.  I guess you can’t expect everyone of our signings on come off immediately - but for all 3 of our signings to look like a mistake after half a season isn’t really very good.

Ings is a complete flop, poorly scouted and will never fit our style of play. Feel sorry for him. Buendia I had huge hopes for but particularly against the better teams he looks completely lost. Yard short in every facet of his play, so disappointed with him so far. Bailey unfit and disinterested in an admittedly few horror appearances. Replaced Grealish with those three!

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2021, 07:55:56 PM »
Who is just as bad for man city…

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2021, 07:56:20 PM »
Think some serious questions need to asked about our summer business.  I guess you can’t expect everyone of our signings on come off immediately - but for all 3 of our signings to look like a mistake after half a season isn’t really very good.

Ings is a complete flop, poorly scouted and will never fit our style of play. Feel sorry for him. Buendia I had huge hopes for but particularly against the better teams he looks completely lost. Yard short in every facet of his play, so disappointed with him so far. Bailey unfit and disinterested in an admittedly few horror appearances. Replaced Grealish with those three!

Yet we're still top half with more potential to grow in next six months.

I think we've got a decent chance of finishing above West Ham and they're 7th currently so might be a bit over ambitious but that will be Gerrard's mentality even if we're a long way from finished article which games like tonight show.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2021, 07:57:28 PM »
We are our own worst enemy.  Their equaliser came from our turding around in midfield.  What the hell was Mings doing for their second and Konsa arguably lucky to stay on with the last ditch penalty I guess, Targett showed his complete lack of pace and failed to pull Lukaku back. He certainly makes a difference to Chelsea but we failed to deal with him. 

One shot on target.  Steven Gerrard knows the size of the task now.  Only three games lost under Gerrard and all to the top three but if we are to improve, upgrades are needed in a few places.  Rome not built in a day and I hope he gets the go-ahead to start spending in January.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2021, 08:00:37 PM »
However many times I look at that third goal I see a surefire dive.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2021, 08:01:10 PM »
We came out cold second half and never recovered, positives are first half we played some lovely football, Sanson played well as did luiz, Ings should have been replaced earlier totally out of place in this team. When Sanson went off we lost any momentum and Traore did nothing when he came on. Special mention to Jacob Ramsey who tried all day and is developing into some player. We looked a very tired side the last twenty.

Sanson was very good in first half I thought. But fitness wise he blew up in second half. Carney was lost as his replacement.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2021, 08:02:13 PM »
One shot on target.

You're very generous referring to it as a shot.

Offline ez

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2021, 08:03:07 PM »
However many times I look at that third goal I see a surefire dive.

Target should have taken him down earlier.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2021, 08:04:14 PM »

Unfair on Ings I think. He’s making good runs but the service to him is absolutely diabolical from several players including Watkins. Watkins was equally poor IMO in the second half.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2021, 08:06:46 PM »
We had our trousers pulled down big time with Ings. A stupid panic buy, an utter waste of time and money.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2021, 08:13:00 PM »
Missed the last 15 minutes shepherding relatives home. Very good first half, looking dangerous every time we attacked. Whether Tuchel pulled a masterstroke at half time by changing it, or we ran out of steam I dunno, but different game 2nd half. Lukaku had mings in his pocket which didn't help. Cash alternated between good and a calamity. Buendia, big meh for me. Watkins should have passed instead of shooting and vice versa. Didn't think Ings was that crap - one nice backheel that should have come off if the other guy had been paying attention. Overall 8/10 first half 4.5 2nd.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 08:14:59 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2021, 08:13:46 PM »
We had our trousers pulled down big time with Ings. A stupid panic buy, an utter waste of time and money.

Didn’t we just, what makes it worse is all the pundits were saying what a great signing it was.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2021, 08:14:50 PM »
Ings makes decent runs, but doesn't have the pace to take advantage of them. He just doesn't fit in our team. Every single time he plays we look less dangerous.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2021, 08:14:56 PM »

Didn’t we just, what makes it worse is all the pundits were saying what a great signing it was.

Agreed. I thought the same at the time, though.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2021, 08:20:43 PM »
A woeful first 15 minutes of second half cost us dearly. But the improvement since SG’s arrival is tangible.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal